Is this what love feels like?

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey guys

Started dating my first boyfriend two weeks ago. We are both discreet In the closet. We have incredible sex, I love being with him. I have never felt this way about anyone before. He has lots of friends though and is a senior in high school so he is often busy, I just moved here so don't have many friends. I always text him first and will wait hours for a response he says he loves me and I believe him I just wish he always text me back right away. When I don't hear from him in a while I feel like he doesn't like me but when we are together things couldnt be better! I just dont know how to stay confident and not get Down on my self when he doesn't talk to me all day. I feel like I don't know how to be loved and am constantly looking for approval. Any advice on how to control your love for someone and stay positive?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
That is something you have to learn. To put the bad feelings aside, don't analyse too much, don't overthink stuff, etc. Love can be easy and don't have to be that complicated. And these days with all the ways to communicate with someone there comes too much pressure and expectations from someone. It's not because someone has a cellphone or the newest smartphone or facebook that that will make them easy to reach. Don't think they don't want to answer you, the most logical is that they didn't felt the vibration of an incomming message or put their cell aside and didn't noticed a new message. Just enjoy beilng in love. If he says he loves you, he loves you. If it feels wonderful when you are with him, than it is wonderful. And when you are alone, do other stuff, see friends and don't think he doesn't want to see you.

You're normal and just very head over heels, nothing wrong with that.

Now off you go and enjoy it... And I'm going to listen to my own advice, because I can use it at moments too ^^

Last edited:

7"24

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Exactly what I needed to hear, and was thinking my self. It is just easier to hear someone else say it. And yes I know it's quick but when you know you love someone you know. I have dated a few girls been engaged, messed around with a few guys, but have NEVER felt this way about anyone. I think I know that I am in love.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Be careful not to smother him! While some people like to have constant contact when they're in love (or lust, or that space in between), others prefer to have a bit of space. It doesn't mean they love you less. It just means that they need room to be themselves. To be honest, the kind of intensity you talk about would have me running for the hills.

In your particular case, having read your other threads, it may be that he is uncomfortable reading or receiving texts from you while he is with his friends. It would only take one person reading over his shoulder for rumour to become fact.

7"24;3724549 said:
Hey guys

Started dating my first boyfriend two weeks ago........ Any advice on how to control your love for someone and stay positive?

2 weeks is quick, for the L word, your relationship hasn't developed. You say he is a senior in high school..... I don't think he is really worried about your relationship, perhaps hes more worried about the sex.
You have to do you and get you where you need to be before you add other elements
Everyone controls their love differently staying positive I think is apart from the control of ones love.