Is this what you want to turn this place into?

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry but there is a perception on this site that if you say something the mods don't like you get banned. I'm not going to get wordy but Ive seen quite a few conversations which looked very much like "watch what you say ..you could get banned" over the most benign things, it does have a little bit of an oppressive feeling at times. I've seen a lot of regular posters who seem to be able to say whatever they want, and some say just the wrong thing and get banned. It's almost like you just have to walk on eggshells because you never know.
You know how you feel when you see a police car pull up behind you and you kind of panic and think "oh no what did I do wrong?" Some mods make me feel that way, if certain ones are present I just don't say anything. I dont want to publicly say who or what was said in the past but mods can't ignore that the perception is out there. You can explain it away and say people being banned had good reason, but the fact is that the slightlest comment seems to warrant banning these days or threat of banning and it makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

The issue is really 2 parts. Those who think friends were banned unfairly, and those who are just plain nervous about every little thing they say getting them banned. I fall into the latter. I honestly don't care that much about who did what and why..I just think the culture around here is..don't say anything that isn't PC or to the mods liking because they'll either ban you or talk to you like a 5 year old and threaten to ban you. Now I'm nervous that what I just said will get me banned! LOL..Oh well!!

Oh Seaside hon, dont be Scared. Ive been shaking in my boots so long here, my boots are worn out. Just think of the Mods like Al Queda; out to destroy everyones fun and livelihood.... But they do it in such a polite way, you cant help but LOVE them. I anxiously sit by my pvt messages waiting for their happy little warnings, which always are written in the most endearing way. And its usually the Mod that I have the least interaction with in the chats that is always the bearer (and its always in MY best interests).... Gotta love it. Its always so carefully thought out and orchestrated....

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, the LPSG exile house aint that bad. Ive been there. They give room service, internet access, and mints on your pillow. The only down side is the people there (except for Mitchy and me) are usually horrible, making sex with them unsavory. But you do what ya gotta do....
There is a rumour you were the hottest chick there!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the point IS that you never know if you are right or wrong. It all depends on how the wind is blowing that day, and what side of the bed people woke up on.

Sorry, but I think that is paranoid. Anyone with some common sense knows if they are pushing the boundary of what is accepted around here. You all keep talking about "the Mod Team" as if they operate like some kind of Star Chamber or GW Bush's War Cabinet.

Did you read Aconitum's long post above? Does it sound like the rantings of someone who is going to ban you depending on which side of the bed she woke up on? Do any of them strike you that way? (not counting Davey of course he's still trying to quit smoking)

Attachments

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, but I think that is paranoid. Anyone with some common sense knows if they are pushing the boundary of what is accepted around here. You all keep talking about "the Mod Team" as if they operate like some kind of Star Chamber or GW Bush's War Cabinet.

Did you read Aconitum's long post above? Does it sound like the rantings of someone who is going to ban you depending on which side of the bed she woke up on? Do any of them strike you that way? (not counting Davey of course he's still trying to quit smoking)

Aconitum when she is PMSing...
http://3432.voxcdn.com/_images/articles/2007/04/07/pulphoney.jpg
Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you!

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I think that there may be a very simple rule of thumb. If you want to rant, attack what is said, not the person who said it.

If you find something or someone facile, then just ignore it and or them, or be amusing about it, or sarcastic or whatever.

There are exceptions problematically. For example, if someone came on and said "All faggots should be shot." I would probably say to them that they are a total fucking cunt who should do us all a favour. But then this type of troll does get banned anyway. However one person's troll is another's source of amusement, so who is to decide?

I think that there has developed some over enthusiastic PC moderating where the Mod has failed to see that the ideas are being attacked rather than the people who hold them. This is a shame and may be why some people are feeling Big Brothered.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that there may be a very simple rule of thumb. If you want to rant, attack what is said, not the person who said it.

If you find something or someone facile, then just ignore it and or them, or be amusing about it, or sarcastic or whatever.

There are exceptions problematically. For example, if someone came on and said "All faggots should be shot." I would probably say to them that they are a total fucking cunt who should do us all a favour. But then this type of troll does get banned anyway. However one person's troll is another's source of amusement, so who is to decide?

I think that there has developed some over enthusiastic PC moderating where the Mod has failed to see that the ideas are being attacked rather than the people who hold them. This is a shame and may be why some people are feeling Big Brothered.

Sounds reasonable. It is possible to disagree with someone quite strongly and do it in a courteous and respectful manner. Unfortunately, some people have not learned how to do that.

I hope that warnings are issued before bans, except perhaps in extreme cases such as when physical violence is threatened or encouraged.