Is this why people are voting for McCain?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So, this is a carry over from another thread about the hate that is going on in the election here in the US.

I got the following email from someone who for many years, considered to be a very close friend. Upon receiving this email, (in my mind) our friendship changed for the worse.

Subject: All I can say is "Lord, Have mercy on us!"]

This will make you re-think: A Trivia question in Sunday School:
How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations?

Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know what that is.
Almost a four-year term of a Presidency.

All I can say is "Lord, Have mercy on us!"

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ
will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations
with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the
prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope
and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything..

Do we recognize this description??

I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to pray about this matter!
I refuse to take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of
nowhere..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friends,

As I was listening to a news program last night, I watched in horror as
Barack Obama made the statement with pride. . ."we are no longer a Christian
nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, . . ."
As with so many other statements I've heard him (and his wife) make, I never
thought I'd see the day that I'd hear something like that from a
presidential candidate in this nation. To think our forefathers fought and
died for the right for our nation to be a Christian nation--and to have this
man say with pride that we are no longer that. How far this nation has come
from what our founding fathers intended it to be.

Please pray for our nation!

That was copied word for word from an email. If there are any doubts as to its legitimacy, please pm me and I will gladly pass it along to you.

Here's my question, or where I need some help understanding some things.

I honestly would like to know how many people out there are voting for McCain because of crap like this email? Do people really have that much hate and fear in them (along with stupidity), that they believe such nonsense? After seeing clips from the town hall meeting in Wisconsin, and from other rallies in the last few days and weeks, and seeing just how much hate people have for a man they do not know....well frankly, I am terrified for this country.

Someone, anyone, please help me understand the thinking behind the people who think that what they are reading online, in emails, watching on tv, etc. is truthful?

Please feel free to post comments on this and to expand on this thread.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is no shortage of Christians that will vote on wacky interpretations from the babbles, oops, I mean bibles I’m sure as sad as that sounds in this day and age, but then Obama has his share of voters from the same mindset as well.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A part of me really wants to think that some Republicans really do have issues with Obama that doesn't have to do with rhetorical bullshit. But the more and more I see these brainwashed people who are calling Obama the Anti-Christ and a terrorist I can't help but think they're all a bunch of nut cases.

I've never seen such a negative and nasty campaign, based on nothing more than false images and fear mongering. What's worse is that some Republicans were afraid of Obama trying to turn this contest into an issue of race. Yet, what's happening now?

"we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, . . ."
As with so many other statements I've heard him (and his wife) make, I never thought I'd see the day that I'd hear something like that from a

'Nuff said... such fuckin' hypocrites. They should all go to Alaska, secede from the country (like a certain "first man" wanted to do at one time) and live their own lives AWAY from the rest of the rational thinking nation.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People need to just be for real. If they dont want to vote for Obama because he of mixed heritage just say it. Dont come up with all of this crap about him being a muslim, a terrorist, and the rest of the foolishness that is being peddled.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, this is a carry over from another thread about the hate that is going on in the election here in the US.

I got the following email from someone who for many years, considered to be a very close friend. Upon receiving this email, (in my mind) our friendship changed for the worse.

This will make you re-think: A Trivia question in Sunday School:
How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations?

Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know what that is.
Almost a four-year term of a Presidency.

All I can say is "Lord, Have mercy on us!"

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ
will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations
and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything..

Do we recognize this description??

I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to pray about this matter!
I refuse to take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of
nowhere..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friends,

As I was listening to a news program last night, I watched in horror as
Barack Obama made the statement with pride. . ."we are no longer a Christian
nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, . . ."
As with so many other statements I've heard him (and his wife) make, I never
thought I'd see the day that I'd hear something like that from a

Please pray for our nation!

That was copied word for word from an email. If there are any doubts as to its legitimacy, please pm me and I will gladly pass it along to you.

Here's my question, or where I need some help understanding some things.

I honestly would like to know how many people out there are voting for McCain because of crap like this email? Do people really have that much hate and fear in them (along with stupidity), that they believe such nonsense? After seeing clips from the town hall meeting in Wisconsin, and from other rallies in the last few days and weeks, and seeing just how much hate people have for a man they do not know....well frankly, I am terrified for this country.

Someone, anyone, please help me understand the thinking behind the people who think that what they are reading online, in emails, watching on tv, etc. is truthful?

Please feel free to post comments on this and to expand on this thread.

And here I was under the impression that our founding fathers fought for, among other things, the US to be a country of religious FREEDOM.

bigdrill

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BTW....it should go without saying, but.....it's "Revelation," not "Revelations." And Mohammed was born hundreds of years after the book was written; how could the book make reference to Islam? It's not only inflammatory, but it doesn't even get it's Christian references correct.

B_Gravedancer

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, because one of the millions of weirdo's on the internet likes McCain for a retarded reason. That must mean that's every supporter's reason! You are quite the super sleuth!

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BTW....it should go without saying, but.....it's "Revelation," not "Revelations." And Mohammed was born hundreds of years after the book was written; how could the book make reference to Islam? It's not only inflammatory, but it doesn't even get it's Christian references correct.

The printing press was not invented until 1440 CE and all copies of the bibles were done by hand prior to 1455. For centuries the bibles changed every time they were copied to whatever the copyist wanted them to be.

Of the few known fragments of various passages that exist starting around 400 CE none of them match or are even close in telling the same story or having the same meaning. There is also great debate over the meaning of various words from that time and how they translate.

This causes much confusion for many Christians as they think what was alleged prophecy written in the time of the alleged Jesus, was really written long after the fact and they simply fit their story into real world events. It’s known as revisionist history and the Christians wrote the book on that subject.

The bible has changed many times since the printing press also and then of course the thousands of Christian factions around the world interpret today’s passages into whatever they want them to say anyway just like they always have.

The Jesus story is nothing more than the Krishna story with a Jesus label slapped on it.

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, because one of the millions of weirdo's on the internet likes McCain for a retarded reason. That must mean that's every supporter's reason! You are quite the super sleuth!

Hey super smart ass! Apparently you didn't read my post thoroughly. I didn't make any generalizations. I just said I have received many emails
from different people stating such garbage. I also have talked to many people who aren't voting for Obama, because they truly believe he is the antichirst. I'm talking about hardcore Democrats believing this shit.

I've noticed this b/f on some of your other posts and haven't said anything about it, but since this is my thread.... Please read, re-read, and if you have to....read 3 times what someone says in their post before you go spouting of stupid shit.....it really is unbecoming of you :biggrin1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
unabear09: Gravedancer, whoever (s)he is, has no intention on reading anyone's posts thoroughly. (S)he's only on this board to start fights. It's best to ignore him/her, because it's obvious (s)he's not here to debate like a rational human being.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
unabear09: Gravedancer, whoever (s)he is, has no intention on reading anyone's posts thoroughly. (S)he's only on this board to start fights. It's best to ignore him/her, because it's obvious (s)he's not here to debate like a rational human being.

Ahhh....thanks for the heads up man! I have seen more and more posters like this over the last few weeks.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ahhh....thanks for the heads up man! I have seen more and more posters like this over the last few weeks.

I know... and I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but the influx of these uber-conservatives coming into the forums and getting into political arguments to start fights, gets me thinking this is not some strange coincidence.

Besides, (s)he already said in another thread that people on this board are quick to take on "flame bait". If that's not a clue, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

The anti-Christ will be a man... who will deceive the nations
and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything...

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is:Ronald Reagan!!:eek:

I assure you that the Bible is quite real. I have found proof. Revelation chapter 13 speaks of a talking image of the Beast. Many people myself included believe this man to have been Ronald Wilson Reagan 666. Now there is a talking doll of Reagan. 20 years ago when I started my mission against him I could not have imagined that there would ever be a talking "statue" of him, especially after I had exposed him as the antichrist on international television and radio. Anyone who has any doubts can put them to rest.

What does this mean? All the political correctness in the world won't get you to heaven. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. As Buckminster Fuller once said and I paraphrase: "The best way to prove a theory is to create the physical object that the theory concerns." In other words if you want to prove that time travel is possible, create a time machine.

The talking Ronald Reagan doll does just this. It proves that God's Revelation is real. You can hem and haw and say anything you like but proof is proof.

And if you want a prediction take a look at Revelation 13 where it states that no man will be able to buy or sell without the image of the Beast. Now there is talk of putting Reagan's picture on the dime or ten dollar bill. It may even go on another denomination. Imagine buying or selling without using dimes or ten dollar bills! Almost impossible.

My advice to believers is to get a direct deposit account tied to a credit card. It may be the only way to avoid the new money. Remember the new ten dollar bills? Were you absolutely sure when you were going to encounter your first one? It could have been the one with Reagan's picture on it. Then you would have been shit out of luck. (see Rev 14:9-11).

Oh, by the way if you are not sure what I am talking about simply do a Google search for Ronald Reagan antichrist. There are more than 145,000 pages on the subject. Or better yet read my book entirely dedicated to the topic at http://Reaganbook.com It is scheduled for release on 6/6/06. You can read it for free until June 1st at http://lightoftheworld.com

http://www.lpsg.org/448879-post136.html

:biggrin1:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The politics of hate and bigotry born out of desperation. They, the right winged faction of this country, are showing their true colors, what and who they're really all about - and it's a pretty damned ugly sight.

Funny thing is, it is THEY who masquerade as "Christians".

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
People need to just be for real. If they dont want to vote for Obama because he of mixed heritage just say it. Dont come up with all of this crap about him being a muslim, a terrorist, and the rest of the foolishness that is being peddled.

Exactly. There are a few racists who are honest, even if repulsively so. In an interview with a self described "red neck," he said: Things are so fucked up now in this country, I'm voting for the xxxxxx! Some racist red necks get it, even if the country club christians don't.

As Chris Rock more eloquently summed it up: George Bush fucked up so badly, he's made it possible for a black man to become President of the United States of America!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perfect forum (LPSG) to post an anti-Christian thread. Doesn't shock me that some feel that way. No different than Muslim extremists don't want McCain in office for their own religious endeavours.

It's always the fringe (nee sub 1%) that get the attention.

I'm seeing a shitload of threads now here, that are "here's what Republicans feel about Obama", "this is what Christian Palin supporters are REALLY like" and the lame attempt at the OPs trying to caveat their take... "I didn't believe it at first, but now I'm wondering if it's true about...." (rollseyes)

I think you/we are better than that to stereotype a whole class of ppl as such. If you think so, and more so,... say so... than you are just as equal a bigot as they are.

On the spectrum, I believe 99% of us are closer together at the center, than the entire fringe. There's no need for this crap, just as there is no need to post Rev Wright sermons and attempt to connect the dots to a populus of race and/or supporters.