Is this wrong?

DavidDevear

Experimental Member
Media
I am now that guy 25 years on. Open your eyes its a phase not a lasting relationship. When I was 18 to 23ish I used to fancy guys in their 40s (age I am now. Guys just like me confident, sure of who they are, sucessfull and who look after themselves. What's not to be attracted to!) but do I now fancy 65 or 70 year olds not a chance. Why its a phase you envy them as a young man. Do I envy 65 year olds in short - NO!

Not wrong or bad but see it for what it is, coz he may not!

tworites

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with everyone saying theres no problem, do what makes you happy

But I also agree with the ones cautioning you to realize the impact the age difference will have. If you find someone amazing and fall in love with him, and want to be with him for the rest of your life, realize that you are going to run into a load of heartbreak very quickly, and that you wont get "the rest of your life" youll get maybe a decade.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm an old fart myself (in my sixties) and have had numerous relationships with both guys and gals 20 to 30 years my junior. In a few cases they were attracted to me solely because of the big dick but, for the most part, it has been members of the younger set who have a genuine preference for mature, older, silver-haired dudes like me. And there's nothing wrong with that. But you must understand that I am talking NSA, relatively short-term relationships here. Were I pursuing a committed LTR I'm sure that I would shop much closer to my own age, for all the reasons cited in this thread. Over the years I've known a number of May-December couples, both gay and straight, and they've mostly been very good relationships. But in the end it always seems to take a toll on the younger member as he/she sees their loved one slowly loose the vitality and zest for life that was there in the beginning. And eventually the sexual drive and function fade away, often leading to seeking gratification outside the relationship and all the guilt that goes with it. I would caution that falling in love with someone 20 or 30 years your senior will lead to a very complicated life at best.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm lucky enough to be in my late fifties and attractive to younger guys. But the ones that turn me on (mentaly as well as physically) are old enough to be fathers themselves, and in many instances are in fact. Beyond having sex, it's what men do. What's not to like?

chuck216

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To the OP, if it was your choice to be with the older guys then more power to you, some younger guys are attracted to older. I'm 46, almost 47 ad my boyfriend will turn 30 in 2 days so a 17 year difference, but we are happy because he chose to be with me.

ClawdineKitten

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I see nothing wrong with liking older men I love older men also. I can't find many men my age or younger, that I find attractive.

I know I don't have daddy issues, I love my dad an respect him.

I admire older men I have little respect for my generation.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have always liked guys younger than me. I rejected this for the first part of my life for obvious good reasons, and my tastes have matured as I have, but I still am attracted to younger guys. They bring an energy to my life, they help keep me connectd to the modern world and culture, keep me from slipping into the past, and give me a fresh perspective that comes from being in a different generation. Here is my take--if the attraction is natural, i'e., it has always been there, and you share comon interests outside the bedroom, can communicate well, are willing to learn from each other, and balance each other lives, and have a mutual honest physical attraction and can satisfy each other, pretty much all other factors don't mean anything. If on the other hand, you are looking to fill some psychological need that comes from YOUR issues, and it isn't a real attraction to that person, then some counseling may be in order; relationships based on personal issues and baggage usually are destructive to all involved, and cause more hurt than healing. Relationships based on honest attraction, common interests, and respect usually are healthy and last. Take a deep look inside, and think about your past and what led to your decisions, choices, and attractions. Decide is it is just your natural tastes, or did some event triggered it, and go from there. I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:

Getting9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My first relationship was with a man 19 years older than me. I was 21 and he was 40. It lasted 7 years when he died of cancer. Still think of him every day.