is tyra banks insane?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Flashy, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

I have never watched her show, because frankly, i don't watch talk shows, and i think she is a moron anyway...

but is this plan of hers honestly a *GOOD* thing?

apparently, she thinks it is very important to show the first ever live televised colonic, from the studio, tomorrow...

:eek:mfg:

'Tyra Show' to Air First Televised Colonic | Extra

i listened to this one minute clip, and i believe i have lost 6 million brain cells...

i do not know why people listen to this woman or go see her show or watch it on television.

but i now have confirmation, that i was right to never ever even consider watching this show, or listening to Tyra Banks.

now, colon health is important...but this is simply absurd.

2. MCBFly

MCBFly Member

Albums:
    Yes, the bitch is fucking nuts, but despite her crazy antics can I really call her a moron? According to Forbes, she's the highest earning female in prime time so she's doing something right. She has her own production company and is executive producer of at least three shows, two of which she hosts.

3. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

She's crazy. Rich, but crazy.

4. Flashy

Gold Member

well, you can still be rich and be a moron...:wink:

there are plenty of people who parlay success or talent or opportunity into making money, but who are still total morons.

one does not have to be particularly smart at all to become rich by being a great athlete or a reality star etc...

obviously, i do not begrudge her her success, because frankly i do not care enough about talk shows, but being intelligent, in this day and age, is not a precursor to achieving wealth anymore.

one can still be a moron, and be rich :smile:

5. Principessa

Gold Member

I think that qualifies as crazy like a fox. :wink:

6. D_Portelay Porquesword

I do not understand why that needs to be televised. Maybe she is trying to boost her ratings or she may be genuinly trying help people. It is confusing to say the least.

7. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Shes Transparent, self centered, self absorbed, shallow and egotistical.

But then again, thats what the public seems to like. Speaks volumes huh ????

8. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    "'Moron' was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[3] from the Greek word moros, which meant "dull" (as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age located between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.[4] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with others including "retarded", "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid", and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated by psychologists.[5] "

Moron (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From my exposure to Tyra Banks via some of her television appearances and magazine interviews, placing her within the definitional limits of "moron" is ridiculous.

Ditto as to "insanity".

9. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

That's just weird.

10. elegant20

Gold Member

To think she appeared in MJ's Black and White....well, we now see the real Tyra now as jjkrkwood describes now.

11. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    what's really strange is that is hasn't been on tv already! Did they say who the guinea pig is going to be. I hear you feel a bit flushed afterwards.

12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    She's the reason I'd like to bring back public executions, she being the first.

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I've never seen the show, for some reason I seem to remember Katie Couric doing a colonoscopy on television. If it helps people become aware of testing and procedures that could help save their lives I'm all for it. My personal opinion is that she is trying to poise herself and ratings for when Oprah retires in the not too distant future.

14. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

She did and that has far-reaching redeeming social value. La Banks showing a colonic, however, is just vile.

And PS: I think she's the "supermodel" who pooped herself in public at Fashion Week last year which makes it all the more ironic.

15. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    I only watch her show when she dose her "social experiments" (sp?) I find them interesting for some reason. The only thing that really bugs me about her is that she can link herself to anything. I swear you can tell her "I ate a worm that was blue once" and she would go off and say "Oh yeah, I had a boyfriend whos sister's best friend was friends with my 5th cousin who knew a guy that ate a blue worm too"

16. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Bit flushed afterwards??!! ROFL! :biggrin1:

Yes, a colonostomy (sp?) is very different than a colonic. However, I wonder if maybe she's going to show this to try to get people NOT to get colonics (often done for stuff like weight loss). Tyra Banks HAS been pretty good in the past about criticizing the fashion industry for its insistence on super-thinness.

17. MissPretty

MissPretty New Member

I don't watch talk shows...but I like Tyra. Seems to be some jealous people around. Good! :)

18. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

There's a lot of things I wish were on tv... a colonic is definitely not one of them. :confused:

19. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Let's face it, she's a sloppin' heap of crazy with a bitch-ass weave.

20. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

There ain't nothin' beyond the weave.

Draft saved Draft deleted