Is using the term "deal breaker" a deal breaker?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
After a good ponder... this is what my brain did:

I think these terms some people use (I've heard women use this term before, but nearly as often as I've heard men use it) exist because of our tendency to want to summarize and compartmentalize everything into it's own little category and we all play this game of trying to see where we and everyone around us fit into those categories.

Once there is a box with the label 'deal breakers' on it, one can avoid those actions to avoid being the 'broken deal'.

Just a way to waaay over-simplify the extremely complicated nature of the human relationship.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've asked myself before what a deal breaker would be if it had to be only one thing. Well, for my married partner, if he had a vagina that would be a deal breaker. And that's about it.

Not that there's anything wrong with vaginas, mind you. I just haven't found one that will satisfy me that way, and it's probably because I haven't been looking.

sweetlucky12

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This posts reminds me of an article I read a long time ago about how Americans equate sex with business by using term like "affair". I guess we can add "deal breaker" to the list. Sometimes gross, dirty hubby is a deal breaker at least until he's showered.