Is war inevitable between Iran and Israel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The difference, genius, is that the Palestinians are STILL ALIVE and that there is a CURRENT PROBLEM to be dealt with. The Holocaust victims are dead. They don't have any more problems.

and thusly your true nature coming to the forefront.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What specific state's behavior did I compare to that of Israel here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBoy2 [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images36/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]
I never even remotely said any such thing...nor have I even compared Israel to a single other country. This thread is about Israel and its relations with other states.

Oh really? You never compared Israel to a single country?

this is what you said

Quote:

You obviously can't see through your own rabid biases. Basing the VERY EXISTENCE and identity of a state on a religion is no different than instituting Islamic law in a state; it is simply a matter of degree.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What specific state's behavior did I compare to that of Israel here?

since it was in post 178 you can figure it out yourself

you stated in an earlier post -"So how can you argue that a religion (Judaism) has a right to its own state (Israel)? Judaism is a religion; nothing more."

I responded that -
"the difference, moron, is Judaism is not the foundation for the political system or the laws. People are free to practice other religions without repression. People live under a democratic and non-religious political and legal system, and their lives are not governed by a theocracy.

Sharia Law, i.e. is the basis for law and government in Iran.

Judaimsm, is the identity of ISrael...not its laws."

you responded that - You obviously can't see through your own rabid biases. Basing the VERY EXISTENCE and identity of a state on a religion is no different than instituting Islamic law in a state; it is simply a matter of degree.

-------------

pretty clear, you compared it "in degrees" to a fascist Islamic Nation State based on Islamic Law...when it is in fact, totally dissimilar.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jewish people's desire to return to their homeland is not really rooted in the Bible, but in history. It's not really a religious thing for Jews to want to live in present day Israel, although there seems to be a perception on the behalf of Christians that this is so.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I guess I should have given up on the basis of fundamental disagreement, and your intellectual and moral inferiority.

yup...can you point out anywhere in this thread where you provided factual evidence that refuted what you said about Jews being treated "pretty well" in Arab countries, prior to "the troubles" ? of course not.

you haven't stated any fact that contravenes the UN approved sanctioning of the founding of two states in 1947.

you haven't stated anything of fact other then your repeated and ridiculous assertion that Israel has no right to exist, when in fact its right to exist has been affirmed by everyone except, surprise,surprise, most of the Arab world.

Even Egypt and Jordan agree and recognize it diplomatically.

maybe you should move to Saudi Arabia...you'd be happy there. Until you began listening to anything other than state-sanctioned music...then you'd be thrown in jail.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Folks, the thread has devolved from a discussion of the original question into personal bickering. Feel free to continue the personal bickering in private if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.