Is wearing a jockstrap considered 'gay?

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Dudes,

I just received a PM from another member who told me he did not want to wear a jockstrap coz his parents might think he was 'gay'!!

I'm 32 and this is the first time I have heard this from a younger guy (20). Maybe I have been living under a rock.
Does anyone else have a similar experince? Thanks for your input.

RICKY_27

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Like tightey whites. My Dad used boxers so I like whiteys, my pals dad used whiteys so they like boxers. Generations want something different than dad.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Many things have become "gay" recently (last 20 years or so). I'm sure jock straps have joined the ranks, along with group showers, dressing without a towel, and even showering at all after a workout.

All the things you mentioned involve men comparing themselves,which is now gay. Tiny princesses are ruling

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
Hey Dudes,

I just received a PM from another member who told me he did not want to wear a jockstrap coz his parents might think he was 'gay'!!

I'm 32 and this is the first time I have heard this from a younger guy (20). Maybe I have been living under a rock.
Does anyone else have a similar experince? Thanks for your input.

RICKY_27

Compression shorts is the replacement

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Not to mention all the butt slapping and the quarterback feeling up the center's ass, taint, and balls all day.

hmmmm . . . now that I think of it, it could be the gayest thing going. Except for the USMC, of course.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know what Being a Gay man myself, it gets really old reading how people think certain clothes will make a person Gay. John Wayne..Macho man as it gets. He wore Chaps. Now these new extreme fighters wear tight fitted botty shorts. Trust me when I tell you clothing makes a man, clothing does not make a man Gay, but if he is Sucking or fucking a man, while wearing certain clothes....it's called...hot fun..ok?

jeff926

Sexy Member
Media
I have only one pair of jockstraps.
Sometimes, all dirty briefs being in the basket and no laundry, I have them on.
Though I don't like to wear them, I've never thought that they are gay things.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not to mention all the butt slapping and the quarterback feeling up the center's ass, taint, and balls all day.

hmmmm . . . now that I think of it, it could be the gayest thing going. Except for the USMC, of course.
hey hey having played center i resemble that remark

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Short answer: No. Clothing can't have a sexual preference. It's nothing but laundry.

Oh and the 20 year old should move out of his parent's house. Live a little and think for himself.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It would be amazing that something that could have been regarded as a veritable symbol of masculinity could now be considered "gay", in a negatively connotated sense.

What kind of parents are raising today's young men, anyway?

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Many things have become "gay" recently (last 20 years or so). I'm sure jock straps have joined the ranks, along with group showers, dressing without a towel, and even showering at all after a workout.

You are right on the money, and I see by your age that you know whereof you speak. (I'm 50).
There was a time in our country, gentlemen, when boys went to school wearing white briefs, changed into jockstraps for sports, then showered together in group showers and all got over it. Altho' I did not experience conversation about this myself, some men of a certain age have told me it was considered "gay" NOT to shower with you teammates. i guess the theory was that you were afraid to shower with other guys because you might bone up and that would prove you're gay.
How things have changed! I see college age guys all the time doing the fucking towel dance lest anyone see their cocks.I never see a jockstrap. I do see boxers, including one loser college guys who actually pulled on tight workout undershorts OVER his baggy boxers.
To answer the question, I'm afraid it has become gay to wear a jockstrap, which is too bad, because they are iconic in a man's psyche... or should be.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Compression shorts is the replacement

And a lame one! I've never had comp shorts that do ANYTHING to support my low hangers. All they do is press them in instead of supporting them up.
It's true that sports briefs are as good as jocks. They even had them when I was in hs, tho' not nearly in the variety you see now. I admit, it's possibly kind of odd to have your ass hanging out a jockstrap, and that's undoubtedly part of them being "gay," but I still wish they were the norm.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Short answer: No. Clothing can't have a sexual preference. It's nothing but laundry.

Oh and the 20 year old should move out of his parent's house. Live a little and think for himself.
oh i don't know, i've got this black thong and garter belt outfit......