is white and hispanic considered interracial

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
"white guy/girl dates a Hispanic girl/guy is it interracial?"

It IS the same question with different wording.

The answer is NO, it is NOT interracial. Like the word says it,
Inter = In between
Racial= Races

If you are refering to a Mexican that is pure Aztec or Mayan, THEN it would be interracial

People's percertion does not make something true false or vice versa. That is an excuse! And if you believe it does, then ANY question would never be answered because you would have to bend it for EVERY SINGLE person to actually answer it to THAT person.

Mexican is not a race either, as Frech, Italian, Somalian, Chinese, Venezuelan, Canadian, etc are not races either.

That is NOT really what he was asking. Look deeper into the question the way I did and dont take it so literal. Ask yourself, "What is he REALLY asking?" Read my post above.

BTW, all that stuff you have posted is true. No argument here. But we are still dealing with people's perceptions. I am still waiting for someone to use the word Mexican to describe a race.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IT SHOULD BE clear that our human "races" are primarily cultural creations, not biological realities. The commonly held belief in the existence of human biological races is based on the false assumption that anatomical traits, such as skin color and specific facial characteristics, cluster together in single distinct groups of people. They do not. There are no clearly distinct "black", "white", or other races.
Okeedokee!

Dumb dumb topic.

Last edited:

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
AGAIN! HISPANIC OR LATINO IS NOT A RACE IT IS OF LANGUAGE AND HERITAGE ORIGIN! How can that be INTERRACIAL when hispanic or Latin o/a is not a race? Have you seen a black hispanic? I have! Have you seen a hispanic/latin person with blue or green eyes and white skin? yes! I have three siblings who are white skin and blonde hair. That is why when I fill up an application the race question are.

Are you:

White (Non from Hispanic origin)
Black (Non from Hispanic origin)

Hispanic and black IS interracial, why? Because Hispanic is considered white.
Hispanic and white IS NOT, because hispanic is considered white. It cannot be interracial unless the % of native indian blood is above 50%

Everytime I have got a traffic ticket, the police officers have marked my ticket as "White" and I am clearly hispanic. Do I get offended? No, because I have 75% white blood and 25% native Colombian.

I have no issue with the "interracial" concept or relationships. We are all human beings of equal value, but, basically, they guys question is. Is a hispanic or spanish considered a race, the answer is NO it is not.

I didn't know 'race' was limited to color differences. I don't think it is. Within each 'race' there are many mislabeled peoples. I mean, come on, the spanish speaking countries are HUGE and diverse! Whoever labeled hispanic a race was an idiot, I give you that, but for the sake of this poor guys question, let's just say that sometimes people do still call a person that is 'mexican' hispanic.

And, yes, some people still would refer to this as interracial dating. Good luck with her. It sounds like you are super happy she is free and available!

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
If a guy guy/girl dates a Hispanic girl/guy is it considered interracial?

Is it “considered” you ask? Is that what is important to you? Does it matter to you what people who think “race” think about the subject? I imagine that people who think race, will jump at any opportunity to think race – and therefore it most certainly must be “considered” race by slimeball racists.

If she is smart and cute, I think she deserves the best which would probably exclude someone who worries about what numbskulls think before living his own life and asking out a pretty girl.

We all take our lead from someone or other. You will not escape it. No one does. People think they do, but they don’t. But you do have a choice in who and what influences your decisions – in who you let influence you. Seeing how this is about what you will do with your life, I should think you might want to consider what motivates you to choose the leads you inevitably embrace and not just accept what’s dumped in your lap.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I must admit the Census Bureau is fascinated by this race bullshit. This subject quite frankly makes as much sense as talking about Sarah's cameltoe.
All of the human i"race" was black skinned in the begining. A certain population stayed pretty much out of the sun, as their skin became lighter their penis became shorter and that is where white folks came from.
and thats the truth

Last edited:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"white guy/girl dates a Hispanic girl/guy is it interracial?"

It IS the same question with different wording.

The answer is NO, it is NOT interracial. Like the word says it,
Inter = In between
Racial= Races

If you are refering to a Mexican that is pure Aztec or Mayan, THEN it would be interracial

People's percertion does not make something true false or vice versa. That is an excuse! And if you believe it does, then ANY question would never be answered because you would have to bend it for EVERY SINGLE person to actually answer it to THAT person.

Mexican is not a race either, as Frech, Italian, Somalian, Chinese, Venezuelan, Canadian, etc are not races either.
You still dont get it. You are so busy trying to be right about something that you missed the nuance of what the OP was really asking. Again, read my first post in this thead. Even the OP got it.

You broke this up into many issues. I will tackle the perception issue. YES, we, as human beings are always adjusting the way we say things to the person we are speaking to. Context is everything. We speak different to our parents, teacher, friends, students, children, people of status, politicians, the list goes on and on. And we take into account their context. Explaining something to a child is different than explaining something to a spouse. At the end of the day, it only matters if you were able to communicate effectivley. Its not a one size fits all. If that were the case, maybe thier would be peace on Earth.

No kidding that Mexican is NOT a race. But a lot of people refer to people Latin people as Mexicans. Especially in Southern Cali. Is it wrong? YES. But correcting them wont help you communicate with them.

And after reading your posts, you have not come up with a word that describe the people of Latin America.You said Mestizos, but that could be argued to be a regional term. So what word should we use to call all thoses "Mexicans"?

Last edited:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IT SHOULD BE clear that our human "races" are primarily cultural creations, not biological realities. The commonly held belief in the existence of human biological races is based on the false assumption that anatomical traits, such as skin color and specific facial characteristics, cluster together in single distinct groups of people. They do not. There are no clearly distinct "black", "white", or other races.
Okeedokee!

Dumb dumb topic.
That is why this a question of people's perception, not reality. Its not a dumb topic. Its fruit for discussion. And many have posted intelligently.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My fraternal grandmother was born in Mexico. My dad (her son) looked like Pedro Infante when I was growing up (google the name). My brother looks like an old version of Emiliano Zapata. He does not speak a word of Spanish or understand it. I look like a younger, well-rested (and muscular -- gotta get that in) Anthony Hopkins. I grew up speaking Spanish and Japanese (because all of my friends on the farms surrounding ours were Japanese/'Mericuhns). My natural parents are dead and the woman who has "adopted" me (a Japanese custom) after the death of my parents is a 97 year-old Japanese/'Mericuhn. The two beautiful women who claim me as their "little brother", although I'm older than both of them, are her natural children. Does that make me biracial/bi-cultural? Nope. I was born and grew up in 'Mericuh.

Looking at it from a different side of the coin -- the edge? -- it really throws off waiters, hotel staff, folks in the street in Spain, Mexico, Central/South American cities, and especially Argentina that I can roll out castellano (Iberian Spanish) with a huge vocabulary and a native Iberian accent that makes them sound like Mexicans, Central/South Americans, and especially porteños from Argentina. My concern isn't the color of a person's skin (though I'm rather fond of The Squeeze's dark, brooding good looks). I'm more pissed that I have to lower my standards when communicating with locals in Buenos Aires. They (and Uruguayans) have the strangest excuse for a Spanish accent you'll ever hear. And if others don't mimic it, they often haven't a clue what others are saying. In a way, they're worse than Texans. :smile:

Sadly, the US State Department has a different view about folks from Latin-American Countries. The Squeeze, my legal husband, is considered "not eligible" for a legitimate travel visa to enter the USA. No matter. He really has no interest or curiosity to see my native country. But his status as Hispanic is really a big issue with State Department employees of all different races and colors. :eek:

Last edited:

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

Account Disabled
Media
Nope, you would not be able to find those two together.

Go to Wikipedia or any diccionary and find the meaning of each one.

I know the guys loves the girl and GOOD FOR YOU MAN! you are a better person than many! You can see pass the stupidity of races and heritage backgrounds! I am happy with my white, blond, blue eyed white caucasian man!

IS there a box for caucasian and hispanic on your job application under ethnicity?

justwondering_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
intercultural would be more precise. And i think it would cause no more problems than lucy and Ricky did in the USA anyway.

I disagree, to a certain extent. Just because your background is different, doesn't mean you can't have the same culture. I'm not sure if that applies in this situation, but I know hispanic people who really don't know anything about hispanic culture, and I know italian people who don't know anything about italian culture, etc... They identify as American first. And yes, "American Culture" does exist. ...Just thought I'd throw that out there (I'm not saying that all couples/people are like this, though).

Edit: on a slightly-related note, I think it's kind of dumb when people deliberately try to date interacially, and I also think it's dumb when people deliberately try to not date interacially in order to "preserve their genes". It's so vain. I'm not trying to be "politically correct", but be with someone for love, their personality, and happiness, not for what they look like.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Probably. Does it matter?

And to think this entire thread could have been summed up by post two.

Although I actually find myself extremely interested by the responses in this thread, I cannot tell you all how much I wish we didn't even have to have this discussion. Or that I wish we weren't.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
And to think this entire thread could have been summed up by post two.

Although I actually find myself extremely interested by the responses in this thread, I cannot tell you all how much I wish we didn't even have to have this discussion. Or that I wish we weren't.

I love internet discussion forums.

I bounce about and haunt one to the next.

With anonymity people eventually reveal lots about the human condition and how we think. Even when we are guarded, the truth comes out. I’ve encouraged the OP to not worry whether “people” consider Hispanics to be a race apart or not; if he likes the girl, that’s all that counts.

However, some other issues have popped up and one of our posters hit the nail on the head; it’s dumb to date someone because they are a different race or come from a different culture; it’s dumb to not do so.

It’s dumb to have that as a reason.

It’s never dumb to date someone who gets to you and you can’t get over them. Never mind ethnicity or such stuff, if you like the man or woman, that’s all it takes.

When people of different bloodlines are attracted, that’s probably a good thing – their offspring will have a lower risk of hereditary diseases; and personally – this is just a personal thing – I think many mixed race and ethnic people are intriguing.

I guess I’m way too past my prime for it to matter, but if that were not true, and the rest of you didn’t like someone because they were mixed race, it would suit me just fine: cut down on the competition.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The silliest question I have ever seen posted. Hispanic/Latin people are European. Too many people masculine postering behind their heritage for mean reasons.