Is wise to avoid woman then ?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that many of the world history genuises were gay is very interesting . I'm not saying that a correlation of being gay and intelligence exists or that gays are more intelligent on average .
Gays actually have a very creative minds . It seems that Leonardo Da Vinci and many others genuises realize that woman are too problematic .:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

To the woman on this site please not take this thread very seriously . I don't mean to attack girls but to comment on one curious fact.

hmmm, so which particular genii have openly said they were guy (vs. historian surmising), and by gay do mean "dabble'd-thru-bisexuality" or straight-on fully gay.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hmmm, so which particular genii have openly said they were guy (vs. historian surmising), and by gay do mean "dabble'd-thru-bisexuality" or straight-on fully gay.
Do you own homework search about famous genuises and famous gays.:rolleyes:
I'm talking about fully gays .

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you own homework search about famous genuises and famous gays.:rolleyes:
I'm talking about fully gays .

No, actually, I have much better things to do.... but if/when someone is going to throw out blatant ad-hominem (yes, No Strings, errr Mercurial... or the pale plain redhead... can never get you two straight... that's for you) claims... be prepared to back it up... or come back and claim you were merely generalizing, and to what degree thereof (again for you, whichever one you are, maybe both).

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and by gay do mean "dabble'd-thru-bisexuality" or straight-on fully gay.

I wonder how 100% gay men take to it being referred to as "straight " on?

No, actually, I have much better things to do.... but if/when someone is going to throw out blatant ad-hominem (yes, No Strings, errr Mercurial... or the pale plain redhead... can never get you two straight... that's for you) claims... be prepared to back it up... or come back and claim you were merely generalizing, and to what degree thereof (again for you, whichever one you are, maybe both).

Since neither of them have participated in this thread it seems rather petulant of you to bring them up here.

Media
I know the socio-economic income scale of gay males on the whole are higher than straight people. They must be doing something right. They also tend to have better livingrooms.

my living room is awesome. i decorated my entire apartment myself, when the property sold the owners brought the potential buyers through our place about 11 times until the property finally sold.

work it out!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I'd rather represent myself online as a pale, plain redhead than a chubby body shot and cum-splattered $2 mirrors from KMart.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps many people are gay and the number of gay geniuses is proportional to the number of gay people per head of population at whatever time they lived.

Also - when 'history' claims that someone was gay they often neglect that that man (or woman in some cases but less) also had sexual relations with members of the opposite sex. Why do we determine that that person was gay and just having hetro relations because it was the norm? I'm thinking Shakespeare as an example here - why can't we just say Shakespeare appears to have been bisexual?

In fact, I would go so far as to say maybe most geniuses are bisexual and only their homosexual relationships are considered interesting enough to go on about. It would make sense to me if most geniuses were actually bisexual because in my own life experience the more intelligent, enlightened people I have met have a higher tendancy to swing both ways - or at very least not to knock something til they've tried it.

I'd agree with that 100%.

After all, why limit your fun to one gender only? Both have lots to offer.

As you say, it's likely that only scandalous stories of sexuality would survive through history. After all, even now, no-one bothers to gossip about the rich and famous who are happily married and faithful to their wives or husbands. No-one wants to hear about that. They're more interested in who's playing around or who's just been outed or whatever and I can't really see humanity having changed that much over the centuries. Gossip and scandal have always been more interesting than the humdrum and far more likely to be remembered whether or not the rumours are true, so I'd always advise a pinch or two of salt when dealing with stories of who was gay or not in the past. There's an old Gaelic preface to gossip which translates as, "If I've been told a lie, I'm telling a lie."

I've just remembered an old Gaelic misogynistic quote attributed to St Columba: "Where there's a cow, you'll find a woman, and where there's a woman you'll find trouble." Maybe that's why he ended up in an abbey which supposedly didn't have any cattle.

The masked man

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If think it depends on what you're trying to focus on, as an amateur musician I wrote most of my best stuff while I was together with my ex. I can understand why people working their spiritual side might choose to separate them selves from the opposite/same sex, but if you're trying to be creative I think it really helps to have someone who causes you really strong emotions.
As far as most people who are considered geniuses being gay; I think it depends on their field of work. It probably is true for creative geniuses involved in the different forms of art, but probably not the case for geniuses involved in scientific fields.