Is your boy obama for real?

D

deleted15807

I'll grant you that my comparison between business and government is not a great one, but I stand by my opinion that his resume' is pretty thin.

Now let's see Bush came into office with having governed one of the most populous states in the union and manged a decent approval ratings while doing it. He had a Cabinet with years of experience dating back to the Nixon administration. Now what did all the experience get us? The Worst Presidency Ever.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
.... the followup question is "on what basis did he change his mind?"

If it was to pander to some interest group for votes... well, then its politics as usual and a sign of moral relativism in exchange for access to power.... but that is pretty much the functional definition of "politician".

that is EXACTLY the reason proffered by Obama

(so much for "change")

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
again, from Grist Magazine:

The Democratic candidate had staunchly opposed new drilling on the outer continental shelf, but then shifted his position on Friday to say he would be open to some drilling if it were necessary to reach compromise on a broader energy plan -- like the one introduced by a bipartisan "Gang of 10" late last week. That plan, which Obama indicated he could support, calls for limited offshore drilling as well as increased investment in clean energy, with the overarching aim of reducing America's oil dependence.
Friends of the Earth President Brent Blackwelder was quick to criticize Obama's position switch. "Friends of the Earth Action endorsed Barack Obama in May in large part because he spoke out against the 'gas tax holiday' gimmick that would have done nothing to reduce our dependence on oil," Blackwelder said in a statement Monday afternoon. "That's why it's so disappointing to see Obama now say he would consider expanding offshore drilling, even though he knows it is not a real solution to the energy crisis that is devastating our environment and our economy."

plus de choses changent, plus ils restent le même

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
that is EXACTLY the reason proffered by Obama

(so much for "change")

I guess this would break the hearts of the few Obama supporters that treated him as a demi-god. But for the rest of us, it's not too much of a surprise. After all, he IS a politician and we all know what they do.

Then again, it's nothing we should be even going crazy over. As if McCain isn't playing "politics as usual" in order to win over votes as well?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess this would break the hearts of the few Obama supporters that treated him as a demi-god. But for the rest of us, it's not too much of a surprise. After all, he IS a politician and we all know what they do.

I like this (pretend, fabricated) sub-culture of Obama supporters that are blind morons. MOST Obama supporters I've heard recognize his downfalls (I certainly do) and usually say little more than "he's better than Mccain". I guess if u have nothing else to say, sure, go ahead, pretend that all his supporters are idiots.

Then again, it's nothing we should be even going crazy over. As if McCain isn't playing "politics as usual" in order to win over votes as well?

Yeah, except he represents the more corrupt side of politics, lobbying, smear campaigning, breaking Federal law, etc...

D

deleted15807

After Ronald Reagan left office, the Republicans have tended to want to run campaigns based on misrepresentation of facts, innuendo and attacks against the person rather than the issues.

Play the player not the ball.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Although you edited the Grist Magazine article to spotlight only Obama the article showed that both candidates changed their minds and now favor new oil drilling. They therefore have a common goal and McCain (who often changes positions on issues) can stop his hypocritical bickering about the changing of a prior position. I agree with Paris Hilton in that working together on the complex energy issue would be best for all concerned.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE TERM "FLIP FLOP".
I absolutely hate that Americans have been CONNED by political spin fucks to imagine that a "flip flop" is somehow a negative thing.

Its called CHANGING YOUR MIND... and its what any Intelligent person does when they discover new information that proves their previous position to be untenable.
... when McCain, OR Obama, changes their position because they find out information they hadn't known about previously... or because the circumstances underlying their position have significantly changed...

...THAT is a sign of intelligence and mature judgement.

I'm sick of it too, however the GOP isn't going to stop using that term anytime soon.:cool:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The Democratic candidate had staunchly opposed new drilling on the outer continental shelf, but then shifted his position on Friday to say he would be open to some drilling if it were necessary to reach compromise on a broader energy plan -- like the one introduced by a bipartisan "Gang of 10" late last week. That plan, which Obama indicated he could support, calls for limited offshore drilling as well as increased investment in clean energy, with the overarching aim of reducing America's oil dependence.
Friends of the Earth President Brent Blackwelder was quick to criticize Obama's position switch. "Friends of the Earth Action endorsed Barack Obama in May in large part because he spoke out against the 'gas tax holiday' gimmick that would have done nothing to reduce our dependence on oil," Blackwelder said in a statement Monday afternoon. "That's why it's so disappointing to see Obama now say he would consider expanding offshore drilling, even though he knows it is not a real solution to the energy crisis that is devastating our environment and our economy."

plus de choses changent, plus ils restent le même

Funny how you won't mention McCain.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey I agree with most all of you that bush sold this country out and he really sucks and is the worst president we've had up until 2006 when he party ran the both houses...

…however you keep forgetting that CONGRESS has taken this country even further down by not ONCE opposing bush and giving him everything he's wanted.

Since Pelosi and her gang have been in power they have spent more money on pork barrel spending then any congress in history and continue too pass whatever bush wants...they're to blame since 2006 no matter how you try to spin this.
Bush has been pretty much been a lame duck since then, he keeps proposing things and Pelosi and her gang just keep passing them without question.

Where is the congress that we voted for back in 2006 when they said that were cutting all pork barrel spending and bring integrity back to Washington???

This is why I left the dems party after 24 yrs and am now an independent...they just don't get it...more taxes are not the answer. CUT SPENDING...

If your "boy" Obama gets in were going too see more spending and pork barrel...and if my "boy" McCain gets in will see at least tax cuts and making sure we have a strong defense.

:usa1:

God Bless America

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although you edited the Grist Magazine article to spotlight only Obama the article showed that both candidates changed their minds and now favor new oil drilling. They therefore have a common goal and McCain (who often changes positions on issues) can stop his hypocritical bickering about the changing of a prior position. I agree with Paris Hilton in that working together on the complex energy issue would be best for all concerned.

Funny how you won't mention McCain.

(1) McCain's flip-flop, at this date, is not news; and,

(2) The subject of the thread is Obama

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If your "boy" Obama gets in were going too see more spending and pork barrel...and if my "boy" McCain gets in will see at least tax cuts and making sure we have a strong defense.

:usa1:

God Bless America

Aum...tax cuts are part of the reason we're in this mess now. It may sound good but without taxes we're dead in the water.

If your "boy" McCain gets elected, tax cuts will only hurt us more when combined with the other nonsensse he's proposing.

When will people understand that we can't stay at war forever. Sure t's fun to wave flags and say "god bless america" and salute, but that's not what we're here for.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Ex-freakin'-actly.
McCain is playing politics strictly in the sense of saying what idiots want to hear and downplaying his opponent. Obama, on the other hand, thinks just outside of the box and says what we need to hear.

Situation X is in bad condition. Situation Y is, too.
McCain's Answer: Increase spending on X and Y.
(The largest portion of our tax is going to the military. Going to decrease that for balance?")
Hell no! In fact, I'm going to lower taxes.
... Now we're paying for more with less to spend ...
Obama's Answer: Maybe there's a way we can use X to alleviate Y. We'll spend more on X, and as we use that to fix Y, we'll cut spending on Y. It'll probably take an increase in taxes for a while, to keep us from going further into debt.

Increased taxes isn't what the masses want to hear, but it's what we need to have happen if we're going to straighten things out without continuing to rack up a ridiculous national debt. And again, gotta give him credit for thinking of ways to kill two birds with one stone and minimize the increases.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He should be mentioned in order to have a balanced discussion and to show how daft McCain is. e.g. In this video McCain revealed that his energy crisis solution via off shore oil drilling was but a psychological ploy to make "you" feel better.:rolleyes:

YouTube - McCain: Offshore Drilling Provides Psychological Benefit

See, that's the shit I'm talking about. What foolishness. Not to mention he and his people saying the economic troubles are in our minds. Hahaha right...David Blain has been fucking with the price signs at the gas stations right ?

And his exact words were " I don't understand teh economy ". How is that not a red flag for voters ? But then again...our last 2 term president was elected because people would have a beer with him.

I can understand Obama making false statements about asthma. He's trying to get us universal healthcare. He doesn't need to know every fact about asthma. What I can't deal with, however, is one of the men who wants to lead us not understanding the economy, the engine that powers this country.

If I ever get brain surgery, I want the guy who doesn't understand cerebellums.

D

deleted15807

Aum...tax cuts are part of the reason we're in this mess now. It may sound good but without taxes we're dead in the water.

If your "boy" McCain gets elected, tax cuts will only hurt us more when combined with the other nonsensse he's proposing.

When will people understand that we can't stay at war forever. Sure t's fun to wave flags and say "god bless america" and salute, but that's not what we're here for.

I honestly think the neo-cons have a not-so-secret desire to see the US government fail. That is the only way the New Deal can be dismantled. And as an added plus the government will have no resources to police business. If the EPA has no money then guess what? No environmental laws can be enforced. If the FCC and SEC have no money then they can't pursue anti-competitive practices. It's all goodness for business. If the government has to dismantle Medicaid and Medicare then guess what more money for the already rich. Why else would you let an entity bleed red ink and propose MORE red ink if you did not indeed want to see it fail. These people HATE government.

More robber baron's is what they want:

Robber baron was a term revived in the 19th century in the United States as a pejorative reference to businessmen and bankers who dominated their respective industries and amassed huge personal fortunes, typically as a direct result of pursuing various anti-competitive or unfair business practices. The term may now be used in relation to any businessman or banker who is perceived to have used questionable business practices or scams in order to become powerful or wealthy.