Is Your Libido Inherited?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by earllogjam, Nov 9, 2007.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

Why do some people have stronger sex drives than others? Does it run in the family? Is being hypersexed nature of nurture? Curse or blessing?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I think it does run in the family, I know my dad's side of the family has several members who were prone to infidelity, they couldn't keep it in their pants. Asking why some are hypersexed and others is like asking why some have blue eyes, it just is.

3. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think its an interesting question, but v. hard to answer, as I don't know my family members sex lives, and really don't want to.:rolleyes:
    I'd rather not know how often any of my family get it on- some things are better left unspoken. :cool:
    However, my opinion is that sex drive is not only influenced by hormones, but also environmental influences that affect ones view of sex = love perception.
    without going into one of my long drawn out psychological theory opinionated monologues, :redface: true physiological sex drive has its primary basis in hormone production. More or less, speaks for itself.
    Sex equated with love, need, nurturing, et al., can easily be misinterpreted as hypo or hypersexuality- or may manifest in abnormal sexual behaviour.

anyway, having a high libido I personally think is great- who doesn't love lots of great sex? mine waxes and wanes with my hormones I think, as well as level of anxiety or stress in my life at any given time.
    when its good, its REALLY REALLY good- when its bad, its non-existent. :rolleyes:

4. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have no idea if it runs in the family because as Sassy just stated, I too, don't know my family's sexual habits. I do know my mother has complained she does not have much of a sex drive and I want to be still hanging from the chandeliers when I'm 120! If that is any indication as to it being inherited then I would have to say NO.

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes under a Gemini moon............

6. naughty

Gold Member

I wouldnt know. No one discusses such with me.

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Sex-drive is probably more complicated than just one thing, but in my case there would appear to be a familial link. Nature and nurture, I would say. Blessing!

8. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it is both a blessing and a curse...a blessing when you have someone, a curse when you don't.

9. viking1

Gold Member

I don't know about that. I have often wondered if mine was a blessing or a curse. I have now decided that I "guess" it is a blessing. If nothing else I've developed quite a powerful hand grip...:tongue:

It did run in my family. On both sides. My dad didn't get married until he was in his thirties, and he was quite a "wild man" while single from what I hear.
    I had a few uncles who were pretty wild too. So, I guess I got a double dose.

10. viking1

Gold Member

Yep, I'd say that pretty well sums it up. (It also explains my hand grip comment).

11. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Everything we are and will be was Inherited and passed on. I consider it a blessing.

12. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hadn't thought about what I DO know- that my dad was quite a .. erm.... well damned good looking and even on the day of his funeral we were surprised by a knock on the door from a young man claiming to be my half brother. (never substantiated). But my dad had a lot of unprotected sex, that we know- as with 10 kids that we know of, with 4 different women, well... he had a pretty high sex drive.:redface:

13. str82fcuk

str82fcuk Member

Albums:
    Glasgow ... (formerly Johannesburg, Montreal)
    I inherited a lot of shit from my grandad :eek:
    Most of it was curses :confused:
    But I'll pick the best of a bad lot :mad:
    and focus on the positive aspects of an overactive libido :cool:

14. agnslz

Gold Member

I really don't think so.

15. camper joe

Gold Member

On the question of whether your libido is inherited, I world say that is goes without saying that it is. It is just like any other trait.

16. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Very much agreed!!!

As far as whether mine is inherited, I would have to say no. I have listened to how the women in my family have talked about sex, and their attitudes toward it, and I mentioned this to one of my bf's and he said "Yeah, all the sex drive in your entire family was concentrated in you!" :eek::biggrin1:

But then, most of my family have Puritanical views on sex. I am nearly the only one who isn't a fundamentalist.

17. No_Strings

Gold Member

Definitely not from my father's side and hopefully not from my mother's side.

18. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    If my libido inherits something, it better be money.

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

LMAO

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Same here. Some things just do NOT need to be discussed at the dinner table, and my parents sex life is one of them

Draft saved Draft deleted