Is your personality in this forum the same with the one in real life?

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No and yes. Let me explain.....

No: I'm actually quite shy, sensitive and reserved. Some of the thoughts, feelings, experiences, opinions and messages I've posted on this site have been very personal - things I could NEVER share with someone I know in real life. Being anonymous (apart from a few face pics) and being able to hide behind a computer screen has allowed me to be uninhibited and completely honest with people.

Yes: In my time here, I have made some deep, close connections with a couple of members. If I met them in real life, I would feel comfortable enough to be myself because I have already shared a lot of myself with them. That said, however, if I ever went to an LPSG 'meet-up', I'd still be a little bit shy to start off with. But not as shy as I am with non-LPSG people.

I'm just wondering, because I found various types of people in this forum and most of you guys have been great, wise, and funny. In real life, are you the same, or are you less funny, for example? Or are you even funnier?

After re-reading the original post, I realize I completely misunderstood the whole thread concept. Oh well.....

To answer lopo2000, I think I'm pretty much the same - my LPSG jokes are just as terrible as my real-life jokes! Although here it's mostly one-liners. In real life, I can be very sarcastic (a skill I'm quite proud of) but sarcasm doesn't always translate well in text-form so I don't really use it here. The few times I have tried it, have bombed - once quite spectacularly (well, to me, at least).....

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
I'm me. I don't try to project some sort of image of myself onto this place or on the internet in general, but like in every situation (be it social or on the internet), I show a particular side of myself here that I don't show in other situations. Not consciously, though.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't really know how I come across here....I do know that I don't make up an online persona. I'm far too lazy and am a really bad liar and would never be able to keep things straight.

At a fake award thing at work, I was voted the person people would most like to travel with. I'm known for being fun. I'm easy going, patient, tolerant, funny and really smart. I'm also known for being wildly inappropriate at times and a bit sexual (oh, if only they knew....). So maybe I am the same.

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Pretty much the same too, except if you don't know me, I might seem introverted because, much to people's surprise, I'm comfortable with silence.

Friends have described me as someone who's asexual; heart was replaced with a pump, and who's tear ducts have been surgically removed because my personality is a mixture of House, Bones, Sue Sylveser and Meryl Streep's character from the Devil wears Prada. I apparently also give logically sound advice that humans just can't follow- blame it on the Virgo. They know me so well :biggrin1:

Oh, and did I mention I can be a smart ass too...

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the same. The only thing that probably doesn't come across in my posts is that I'm pretty much always smiling and I don't talk about some of the same subjects I've discussed here.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm far more outgoing in RL I think. I'm more reserved online because a lot of people don't know me very well. I'm not shy really, I just don't like being loud and goofy around strangers. I'm also more reserved online because I don't think my style of humor transfers well via the web.