Is your portfolio Obama proof?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Oct 11, 2008.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    This isn't about McCain, or Fannie or Freddie, or the CRA or deregulation.

It's a serious question... is your portfolio Obama proof?

2. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

That’s a trick question = he can screw everything up so much we will all pay no matter where our money is unless it’s all in a box under the bed!

3. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    faceking -
    thanks for the post. This is a good thing to make sure of.
    I have made sure that mine is. It is alarming what obama
    would do with my portfolio. And plenty of others.
    Is your Obama proof?

4. quercusone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    After Dumbya its zero...so I guess it can't get any worser than that.

5. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Faceking, I'm with you - that technically speaking any conservative would be better than Obama for this particular economy. But if you factor in the fact that depression is really just a collective state of mind, maybe the herd of Obama's sheep will be so excited that he is elected that they'll go out on a spending spree. Also, Obama is who the idiots overseas hope gets elected. Maybe if he does, won't they get excited and start buying American stock?

And won't all the idiots in the middle east whose leaders will tell their countrymen that "Islam has won - we have taken over the United States with our man, Barack Hussein Obama!" get excited and end their war against the United States?

OK maybe that is crazy talk...

6. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

been studying portfolio management for a while

the possibilities are giving me nightmares

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Take a look at the economy during the Carter (not all his fault btw) years. :eek:

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

As it turns out- nobody's portfolio is "Free Market" imbecility proof.

How about this- Stop SPECULATING on how to make money for nothing.

Get to fucking work and PRODUCE something.

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wish mine had been Bush proof. This is getting expensive.

What steps do you think can be taken to protect our investments during the near and long term?

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Carter is history, so is W, but his legacy is now. Politics aside, the reality is right now.

11. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

like a full tank of gas??:moon:

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

#12 B_Nick4444, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  13. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sometimes, to "produce something", economic agents need a little bit of Kapital. Sometimes, unbeknownst to the said agents, that little Kapital originates from evil speculators.

Evil speculators are instrumental in ensuring market liquidity (a.k.a. golden shower).

#13 Domisoldo, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  14. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

The reality is now agreed, that reality is overreaction/lack of confidence. Blaming this on Bush is absurd.

15. Drifterwood

Gold Member

You'll have to help this foreigner up to speed Nick. Do you mean polls showing an Obama landslide? Why would that be so worrying? Rightwingers thought that Tony Blair's landslide in '97 was the end of the world - it wasn't.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, blaming the current economy problems on Clinton isn't enough. They're now trying to blame Carter too? Now I've seen everything. Oh, how will they live knowing that if Obama becomes president, they'll only be able to afford Grey Goose instead of Belvedere?

They talk about responsibility when it comes to people defaulting on loans, yet they don't feel obligated to do their share when the going gets REALLY rough. Well, tough shit. Maybe if these so-called conservatives weren't so "rich" they wouldn't be worried about taxes so much. If "higher taxes" scares you that much, then I'd gladly switch incomes with you. That way, YOU can be lower income or poor and get all those so-called "free rides" you think they all get.

If you've never been in the shoes of a financially struggling family or person in America, do yourself a favor and shut the ^@%!& up. Watching people who don't have to worry about where they sleep at night, what to eat or even how to pay their bills cry about taxes is REALLY sad.

#16 B_VinylBoy, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  17. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:

Blair, aside from his bizarrely un-European on-the-sleeves religiosity was a bit closer to Bill Clinton on the political spectrum IMO.

18. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I believe Obama's populist tax policies, if enacted, would impact the economy unfavorably

to get out of our current crisis, domestic economic growth is an imperative

his tax policies, and his other populist policies (if his rhetoric is any guide) would inhibit that

19. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    You mean after shear market forces, the real estate bubble (see internet bubble), some of Dubya, a shitload of Frank and Dodds, and a European economic bubble bursting...Ir

Somehow Obama is better for the economy.. yet noone seems to provide a specific reason, other than the tired and unfounded McCain=4 more of Bush... yawn.

Noone was bitching (nor giving credit), when the Dow was above 14,000, ... post low 7,000s after 9/11 when Pelosi et al... thought Iraq was the topic-du-jour... pick a lane, libs, and stay in it.

My media access sucks right now... but I did FINALLY see an Obama speech about the economy... and

now...

I see... (I knew it already)

that OBAMA doesn't know shit about what to do... when I now see speeches about "American resolve, and we have the best working forces, and the strongest blah blah blah". His latest rhetoric isn't even 30,000 foot level... it's stratospheric on generality and "american resolve".

Does this bozo think he can talk and/or socialize our way back. God I want him to win, so bad. Pay back is such a bitch. And don't protect his pathetic ass with Fairness Doctrine shit. Take it like Bush did for 8...

Barrah is in over his head, and all he can offer is the "hope" rhetoric.... classic.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Actually we were bitching. Even with the market over 14,000, NONE of the effects of the so-called booming economy were being felt in the lower & middle class. The few with the funds were too busy counting their money with Haliburton to realize that the trickle down effect was failing... yet again.

It's still better to hear than a bunch of over-crazed conservatives wishing for his death at a McCain rally. :rolleyes:

Considering that you're actually wishing for America to fail so your longshot of an independent choice will have a shot in 2012 makes you just as sleazy and pathetic as the people calling Obama a terrorist. In your case, I'd suggest you stop hiding behind the title of "independent" as if you were some kind of intellectual. Because if your scenario does come true, there may not even BE a vote in 2012.

Draft saved Draft deleted