Isn't This...

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
36 - ever a regular at Viper Room, Tattou, Whiskey-a-go-go and other clubs that no one knew about in 1993?
No...sorry again...busy with my kids at that point in time...Do people know of them now? The only one that sounds even remotely familiar is the Viper Room. Is that because it is on some sort of "reality" show?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How much would it cost to rent a car until yours gets fixed?
I'm guessing more than he has available right now. Besides which his car is dead, there will be no fixing. :frown1:

LOL! - Not so fast there...
Sister just rang in a panic to tell me that Dave and Val (our parents who we reference by their first names) told her that if she loaned me her car, they would cut her off. Period. My sister was able to help her brother and Dave and Val didn't get their way and so they want to punish her and me. What kind of people treat their children this way?
Pffftt! Dude you have got to buy yourself some new parents when you get that first paycheck. :tongue:

If you really want to prove your independence from your parents, you absolutely cannot go back with your tail between your legs asking to borrow the car! You are beginning to experience the problems of the working class my dear Goodwood. Ain't it a bitch being a member of the proletariat.:rolleyes::cool: *SNIP* I certainly hope your first day goes better for you, but if by any chance you should have one like mine, just try to remember that there may be something else for you...
Call me Pollyanna; but when God closes a door he always opens a window.
Hey Goodwood, this is God talking, I am opening a window and telling you to take over the payments on your friends car a.s.a.p.
[quote=goodwood;1140150]LOL. bottom. Think 'Tulip City'. Hmmmmm. where could that be? lol! Per people having children - put a couple drunk, beautiful people together without a condom and well, here I am. Very unfortunate. [/quote]Word to the wise, get a AAA PLUS membership, it's $100 and the best money you will spend all year! You get 200 miles free towing, they fix flat tires, they will tow you out of mud or snow, they will also get you back into your vehicle when you lock the keys in it and if you run out of gas they bring you 5 gallons for free. Though I have on occassion received a dirty look from the tow truck operator. :rolleyes:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The silver spoon often feeds poison, so well done on spitting it out.

My parents/upbringing were pretty exotic, but yours take the cake!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
LOL. bottom. Think 'Tulip City'...
Ah, I see. Well, the holidays take me to MI, but I don't get over that way much anymore. Used to get there and "De Vosville", quite a bit. I'm more "Motor City" and near "Fudge City" these days. :wink:

...Viper Room, ...Whiskey-a-go-go and other clubs that no one knew about in 1993?
They still draw crowds today. :wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL. bottom. Think 'Tulip City'. Hmmmmm. where could that be? lol!
Per people having children - put a couple drunk, beautiful people together without a condom and well, here I am. Very unfortunate.
I get it! You're from Zeeland!

I do know the area; my partner and I spend a week in Douglas every September...

Best of luck sorting through your roller-coaster ride.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
37 is a little old to be told that you have to cut your parents purse strings.

My parents would never do that to me, but then again I never took advantage of them.

Just because they treat you like you're 17 doesn't mean you have to act it.

If your sister was wise she'd loan you the car anyway. One rebellious child in the family makes them look sympathetic. Two rebellious children makes the parents look like monsters. Their friends will all ask about you two in the course of conversation and what will D&V reply? That they've cut off both of you because your sister wanted to loan you her car? Now THAT will make people talk about them and not in the way they'd like.

This will ultimately damage them in ways that matter to them.

Let go of what you cannot change and don't stoop to their level of maturity. Things are replaceable, hearts are not, and I don't mean theirs.

Keep an eye out for what happens. This isn't over yet.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jason -
Thanks. You have quickly ascertained the level of Dave and Val's vanity. LOL. You certainly have.
I telephone Dave tonight and told him that if he didn't allow this car exchange to go through, then without a job (in which I would quickly ascend the ranks) then I would end up having to move back into his house and then he would have two, unemployed, adult children to support.
He said he would think about it and call me on Friday.

After orientation for this new job, I have decided it is fantastic and going to be very fun and interesting. It is not like a factory I had envisioned. This place is like a big, giant science lab. I am actually looking forward to it.
I was surprised at the extensive expansion that will be taking place over the next two years and am happy to be able to be a part of the company now in its infancy.
When I querried about the Asian market sectors they have not even begun to prospect that sector so the expansion at present is based on present contracts and I love to see and be a part of the international expansion of the company. I hope they set up shop in China and that I can be based in Hong Kong. That would be excellent.