Israel / Lebanon.

bigschlotsky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few points:
1. European nations have long since lost the right to tell Israel what to do. Europeans stood by while the Nazis slaughtered European Jews with the help of eastern Europe and the indifference of western Europe. Israel has learned that they must defend themselves because no one else will do it for them.
2. Hesbollah has been sending rockets into Israel on a regular basis for 20 years. It's a testament to Israeli restraint that they haven't attacked until now.
3. The UN resolution that led to Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon a few yrs ago also called for the LEBANESE GOVERNMENT TO DISARM HESBOLLAH. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED AT ALL. Not only that, but now Iran is ARMING Hesbollah. The UN sits on their asses passing resolutions it won't enforce, so Israel has to enforce it for them to protect the Israeli people from rocket attacks.
4. Hesbollah entered Israeli territory to kidnap those soldiers. That is very different than if the soldiers had been on Lebanese soil. It was an invasion of Israeli borders by an enemy army.
5. Israel has been dropping leaflets in Lebanese areas they're about to attack, warning civilians to leave. It's a testament to Israel's humanity that they are making this effort to minimize innocent casualties. And this while Hesbollah attacks Jewish neighborhoods far from any military installation.
6. I feel sympathy for innocent Lebanese who are affected by this. But anyone who doesn't think Israel's actions are justified either doesn't knew recent history, doesn't care, or is letting negative feelings towards the US affect their perception of events. Hesbollah doesn't want peace. They've never wanted peace. They want to destroy Israel.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
rhino_horn said:
this is about territory and resource, religion is cannon fodder.
are you jewish/muslim? or a christian, maybe? :rolleyes: it only ever seems to be those afflicted who can't figure out that it's all the same disease.

in any case, there are no resources worth capturing in either israel or lebanon. we're consistently told that the "difference" between israel and its neighbors is one of religious belief - my point was that this supposed difference does not exist.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
are you jewish/muslim? or a christian, maybe? :rolleyes: it only ever seems to be those afflicted who can't figure out that it's all the same disease.

HAHAHAHA...ohhh, that's gold.:smile:

in any case, there are no resources worth capturing in either israel or lebanon. we're consistently told that the "difference" between israel and its neighbors is one of religious belief - my point was that this supposed difference does not exist.

i think we're saying the same thing here. i was saying that religion is only used as a pretext for war, few really give a damn/believe in it anymore...it has no purpose these days, aside from exciting the sheep. the real purpose of these attacks is clearly to start a civil war in lebanon, which im sure will happen, as to why they want that...:confused: its anybody's guess.

*war is peace?

Sam1070

Experimental Member
Media
If U.S. foreign policy, past and present, was more balanced respecting the Islamic world in general, and the Palestinian people in particular, there would not have been a 9/11, and the so called war on terror would have been unnecessary. Diplomacy is the key in settling most differences. The U.S. State Dept., however, is retaded in this most important endeavor. Secretary Rice said this morning that one of the keys toward settling the mid-east conflict is to isolate the terriorists. What a crock!!

bigpumis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I just joined LPSG and I am reading some of the forums...

So in this thread Arabs are "monkeys in a tuxedo" and Jews are called "Kikes"...

So where are the threads about faggots, and whores, and niggers, and white trash?

I sure didn't expect this on here..."etc" yes but to insult anonymous members who might be Jewish, or Arabic or any other group is to me going off the edge.

Just my opinion...for what it's worth, thanks.

rhino_horn said:
we are overextended, and ill run to canada if they start a draft. ill never fight for this government.

it looks like we are trying to start a war, i was watching cnn yesterday afternoon, and they had some persian/arab monkey in a tuxedo trying to say that invading iran would solve all of the usa's problems. the shit is just getting ridiculous. it makes one feel like this might actaully happen very soon, regardless of how the public feels.

it looks like they have the ambition of setting the entire middle-east on fire, and building what they want the middle-east to be from the ashes.

also, israel needs to be disarmed immediately, they can have UN troops guard their borders. they have no need of an army or a nuclear arsenal. in the words of some impo'tant french dude before the US invasion of iraq, "I CANT BELIEVE ww3 is going to be started by a bullshit little country(namely israel)."

*selective service can choke on my bigass dick...:cool:

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bigpumis said:

So in this thread Arabs are "monkeys in a tuxedo" and Jews are called "Kikes"...

So where are the threads about faggots, and whores, and niggers, and white trash?

I sure didn't expect this on here..."etc" yes but to insult anonymous members who might be Jewish, or Arabic or any other group is to me going off the edge.

...:confused:

WELCOME TO LPSG!!!:party2::fest30:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
bigpumis said:

You just got here huh? We can draw you a map. :rolleyes:

Seriously dude you gotta use the search function on this board. Those threads abound especially in Et Cetera.

And welcome to LSPG!

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate getting into this kind of thing, but on this subject, I guess I can't restrain myself.

bigschlotsky said:
A few points:
1. European nations have long since lost the right to tell Israel what to do. Europeans stood by while the Nazis slaughtered European Jews with the help of eastern Europe and the indifference of western Europe. Israel has learned that they must defend themselves because no one else will do it for them.

I think you can say this about any nation. Not only Israel. Europe and the States stood by while all kinds of atrocities were committed in various parts of th world, and no one lifted a finger for the Armenian, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Indians, etc. It is life. That is no justification for Israel to continue to act like a raving psycho flauting all international law whenever it chooses to do so. Because two 'soldiers' got kidnapped, doesn't mean you collectively punish the whole country, and inadvertantly cause an escalation that then results in more of your own people being killed. What kind of logic is that!

bigschlotsky said:
2. Hesbollah has been sending rockets into Israel on a regular basis for 20 years. It's a testament to Israeli restraint that they haven't attacked until now.

You're kidding me right. They didn't have rockets 20 years ago. Hell it's doubtful Hesbollah as the entity you know today even existed 20 years ago.

bigschlotsky said:
3. The UN resolution that led to Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon a few yrs ago also called for the LEBANESE GOVERNMENT TO DISARM HESBOLLAH. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED AT ALL. Not only that, but now Iran is ARMING Hesbollah. The UN sits on their asses passing resolutions it won't enforce, so Israel has to enforce it for them to protect the Israeli people from rocket attacks.

The multiple UN resolutions that asks Israel to return the land it stole from not only the palestinians but the Syrians have never been observed by Israel, nor have the multiple resolutions stating that further expansion of illegal Israeli settlements by Israel should halt ever been observed, nor have the resolutions that state that Israels 'wall' should cease construction have ever been observed either. So are you saying that someone has to come in and fix that on behalf of the people that need justice, like perhaps Hesbollah is doing now. Cause I'm not saying that. Thats ridiculous, right.

bigschlotsky said:
4. Hesbollah entered Israeli territory to kidnap those soldiers. That is very different than if the soldiers had been on Lebanese soil. It was an invasion of Israeli borders by an enemy army.

Lets not forget how many times Israels Mossad or its covert forces, have entered Lebanese or Palestinian or Jordanian or any arab nations territory to undertake operations it saw in its best interest. Bombing the Nuke reactor in Iraq for example. Or killing the terrorists from the Black semptember event, not only in Arab countries but anywhere in the world completely illegaly. This argument has nothing to do with who entered whos territory to steal some folks.

bigschlotsky said:
5. Israel has been dropping leaflets in Lebanese areas they're about to attack, warning civilians to leave. It's a testament to Israel's humanity that they are making this effort to minimize innocent casualties. And this while Hesbollah attacks Jewish neighborhoods far from any military installation.

I don't even know what to say about this one. It looks like we have a saint on one side of a blood bath. Doesn't sound logical to me.

bigschlotsky said:
6. I feel sympathy for innocent Lebanese who are affected by this. But anyone who doesn't think Israel's actions are justified either doesn't knew recent history, doesn't care, or is letting negative feelings towards the US affect their perception of events. Hesbollah doesn't want peace. They've never wanted peace. They want to destroy Israel.

Clearly you don't know your history. But even though I might seem a bit annoyed and aggressive in this post, I really dont mean to be. All I want to highlight, is that one must see this in perspectives from both sides. Not just one. Israels actions are understandable I believe. But certainly not justified. If I was slowly dying from an open sore I would try to causterize the wound too. But at what cost is the question. Do I burn the sucker, or do I cut off my leg. And looking at the situation, right now, I have to wonder did Israel ever want peace either. It just looks to be playing a power play so the new government can test its war legs, look strong, and see how the military works with their new American toys. Show the world they mean business, and who cares how many Arabs die or for that matter, how many of their own civilians get lost in the fray.

Anyway like I said earlier bigshlotsky, just keep it in perspective. Neither party here is an angel. I don't mean to be rude, it's just that I get a bit riled up once in a while.:Eyecrazy:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
bigpumis said:

Sounding kinda pc you faggot whore nigger - (I'm the white trash).

btw - most Arabs can't afford tuxedos.

T

that_other_guy

Shelby said:
btw - most Arabs can't afford tuxedos.

Then whats my 3.00$ a gallon gas going to ? ... if they're gonna rape me, @ least rape me with nice clothes ...

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
bigpumis said:

Despite the levity directed at your rather pointed observation, I am in agreement with the intent of it. I think such deep seated bias based on racial/cultural/religious differences has too often been the basis for such conflicts.

I have always thought that instead of trying to bomb each other out of existence the Israelies and Palestinians should have been in business together...you know, building fancy resorts, beachfront condos and the like. One would have thought they would have tried to find a better way, if not for themselves, then for their children. A rather naive take on a complex issue I know.

An incredible waste of humankind, nevertheless. But not the only one.

(See: www.NUBA-PEOPLE.com)

bigschlotsky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
b.c. said:
I have always thought that instead of trying to bomb each other out of existence the Israelies and Palestinians should have been in business together...

Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and Syria have all sworn to the destruction of Israel. They, as you say, attempt to bomb Israel out of existance. Israel seeks merely to exist in safety. They bomb when their safety depends on it. Palestineans in Gaza DO have a legit gripe with the way they've been treated, but to say the Arabs and Israelis bear equal responsibility for the events here is nonsense. Israel would love to let Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and Gaza live in peace, if those entities would let Israel live in peace. There is no such desire from the Arabs.
And for the racist bigots here who have posted that they wish for an end to the Jewish State, I guess the rampant anti-Semitism which infested the western world 60 years ago has not gone away. The Jews have been subject to pogroms for hundreds of years, and to mass extermination once. There simply MUST be a Jewish state, because nobody else's government has ever shown willinginess to protect Jewish life.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
bigschlotsky said:
Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and Syria have all sworn to the destruction of Israel. They, as you say, attempt to bomb Israel out of existance. Israel seeks merely to exist in safety. They bomb when their safety depends on it. Palestineans in Gaza DO have a legit gripe with the way they've been treated, but to say the Arabs and Israelis bear equal responsibility for the events here is nonsense. Israel would love to let Lebanon, Syria, Iran, and Gaza live in peace, if those entities would let Israel live in peace. There is no such desire from the Arabs.
And for the racist bigots here who have posted that they wish for an end to the Jewish State, I guess the rampant anti-Semitism which infested the western world 60 years ago has not gone away. The Jews have been subject to pogroms for hundreds of years, and to mass extermination once. There simply MUST be a Jewish state, because nobody else's government has ever shown willinginess to protect Jewish life.

What a bunch of bs. Israel is doing everything it can to exterminate all Palestinians much less their thievery of Palestinian property and mass destruction of ancient olive groves.

Zionism was a stupid idea in the beginning and even more stupid now. The idea that any state should be founded on a religion is idiotic. It always ends in failure.

Jews are protected in the majority of the world just like any other religious group. Sure there are bigots everywhere but it just proves that religion is the source of bigotry not a cure for it. Jews need to get over their persecution complex and get on with their lives. Reliving the past is not the way forward.

dellmaqn66

Just Browsing
Media
SomeGuyOverThere said:
I'm backing the Muslims: Isreal and its psychopathic right wing Jewish government has treated them like shit pretty much from the word go

Actually, the Arab world has treated Isreal like shit since 1952 when they became a state. To this day, with a couple of exceptions(Eygpt as one) Arab nations refuse to recognize Isreal as a legitimate state.

Why are the Isrealis wrong for protecting themselves? If the Arab world prefer the Isrealis stop "defending" then maybe they should stop "offending".

Once a upon a time, a few Arab nations attempted to attack Isreal in what would later be called the Six-Day War. After striking Isreal first the Isreali responded with kicking the shit out of the offending counties. This is how Isreal ended up with the Gaza Strip. This is what is called "to the victors go the spoils."

The U.S. was the first nation to recognize Isreal, we have had strong relationship with them ever since. I for one, wish the U.S. would let them off the leash and allow the Isreali to blow the f-ing Arab world back into pre-Muslim time.