Israel/Palestine: What's your view?

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I see no genocide in Palestine though, quite the opposite. People there thrive and thrive.
Who mentioned Palestine, its Israel that has been practicing ethnic cleansing and genocide. However now there is going to be a new ruling class maybe less radically inclined and that crook Netanyahu in the dock where he should be there is a chance that maybe some peace will reign.

Player_01

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Reactions: b.c.

Andyb2

Cherished Member
Media
Defining "thriving" as simple population numbers..............
The current infant mortality rate for Israel in 2021 is 2.461 deaths per 1000 live births
The current infant mortality rate for the Gaza Strip is.13.9 deaths/1,000 live births

Israel Unemployment Rate increased to 5.39 % in Mar 2021, from the previously reported number of 5.15 % in Feb 2021. Israel Unemployment Rate is updated monthly, available from Jan 2012 to Mar 2021, with an average rate of 4.80 %.
Gaza's
workforce continues to shrink, 43% unemployment in the last quarter of 2020. April 13, 2021. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS), Gaza's unemployment rate stood at 43.1% in the final quarter of 2020 (October-December).

As a result of the GDP collapse, between 2007 and 2017, the poverty rate in Gaza jumped from 40% to 56% in 2017.
A report issued by the OECD in 2016 ranks Israel as the country with the highest rates of poverty among its members. Approximately 21 percent of Israelis were found to be living under the poverty line.

Life expectancy in Israel: 82.8 years.
Life expectancy Gaza Strip: 74.9 years

The Gazans are thriving..........
Perhaps if the Palestinian Government spent their millions of dollars in aid on health care and civil services rather than weapons and propaganda and speeches to kill all Israelis their infant mortality rate wouldn’t be so high.

Israel doesn’t govern Gaza or the West Bank yet somehow people find a way to blame them for all the problems.

Reactions: Hakan1 and DCMMP3

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media
The Hamas is openly fascist. Those are the leaders in Gaza. And Palestina has the highest number of racists worldwide. I am sure they would vote the Hamas in the West Bank, but there are no elections for this reason. The leaders there are also not good people but better than the Hamas.

One 2014 survey claimed that 97% of Palestinians held anti-Semitic views, which would rank as the highest proportion in the world.[18] The Anti-Defamation League's survey methods has been criticized by some who argue that they fail to distinguish "teenage pranks designed to shock."[19]
source: Racism in the State of Palestine - Wikipedia

It does not make sense to make politics with such people. They have to change first.

Who mentioned Palestine, its Israel that has been practicing ethnic cleansing and genocide. However now there is going to be a new ruling class maybe less radically inclined and that crook Netanyahu in the dock where he should be there is a chance that maybe some peace will reign.
The problem is the Palestinians dont distance themselves from the genocide on Jews in Mecca that Muhammed did. Other Muslims do it. So you can assume they (the Palestinians) support genocide in general. The problem are the religions. The prophets were not good people and those radical religious people dont care.(for example Muhammed or Abraham were slave holders). Some religious people on both sides see that others not. There are laws in the religious books (bible and koran) that discriminate others and the religous people have to distance themselves from those laws and have to be held accountable for what they are supporting.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
They dont control what the governing bodies do with their money.

Any meaningful response in regards to spending it all on weapons rather than health and civil services?
Oh but they DO !!

The Gazan's can want to buy X,Y&Z all day every day but if Israel will block it from being "imported" AND THEY OFTEN DO

Then Israel DOES "control" what the "governing body does with THEIRmoney"

Andyb2

Cherished Member
Media
Oh but they DO !!

The Gazan's can want to buy X,Y&Z all day every day but if Israel will block it from being "imported" AND THEY OFTEN DO

They seem to get their hands on plenty of weaponry as we just saw from the thousands of rockets just fired - so I think your take is somewhat askew.

DCMMP3

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh but they DO !!

Actually, Egypt controls the imports to Gaza as well. Why would they do it, I wonder...

Reactions: Andyb2

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Actually, Egypt controls the imports to Gaza as well. Why would they do it, I wonder...

I always wondered about that as well

I always assumed that it had something g to do with the deal they signed with Sadat way back when

I would be curious to know just EXACTLY "opened the border" means ?

If it means open check points for foot or vehicle traffic which is not that far off of what Israel does but the do NOT allow "commercial traffic" for shipment of goods then "they" are still in the end controlling "how Gaza spends it's money", which is what I said from the start.

Andyb2

Cherished Member
Media
I always wondered about that as well

I always assumed that it had something g to do with the deal they signed with Sadat way back when

I would be curious to know just EXACTLY "opened the border" means ?

If it means open check points for foot or vehicle traffic which is not that far off of what Israel does but the do NOT allow "commercial traffic" for shipment of goods then "they" are still in the end controlling "how Gaza spends it's money", which is what I said from the start.

So, you’re making assumptions on assumptions or what if’s and presenting it as fact! Your bias is showing.

And yet Hamas still has money and means to get weapons in rather than humanitarian aid. This shows where there priorities lie - destruction to all before caring for its people. Why do you ignore this?