Israeli Airstrikes On Eve Of Poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dong20, Feb 9, 2009.

1. dong20

Gold Member

"Israel has launched airstrikes on two Hamas outposts in the Gaza Strip - the day before the Jewish state's elections in which security is a major issue.

The Israeli military said the airstrikes were in response to two rockets fired at southern Israel from the Hamas-run Palestinian coastal enclave on Sunday.

The rockets caused damage but there were no casualties.

With his opinion poll lead narrowing ahead of Tuesday's parliamentary election, right-winger Benjamin Netanyahu has spoken of Israelis' fears of Arab attacks.

He has also said government plans to trade land for peace were doomed to failure.

His main opponent, the centrist Kadima party leader Tzipi Livni, said she would continue the US-sponsored peace process with the Palestinians that she pursued as foreign minister - an outcome favoured by the new Obama administration in Washington."

Israeli Airstrikes On Eve Of Poll

There seems to be an assumption that Hamas were responsible for Sunday's rocket attack although [to my knowledge] they have not claimed this themselves.

Despite these being about the 40th rockets fired since Jan 18th, when read in conjunction with the Iranian presidential candidature announcement yesterday, sources suggesting an Egyptian brokered long term ceasefire being 'close' and my cynical nature when it comes to politics - I can't help but wonder if these events represent a 'fortunate' coincidence or bad timing -depending on the final election result - and one's view of Israli/US/Iranian/Hamas polititical machinations of course.

I still think Netanyahu will win, but ...

#1 dong20, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. Flashy

Gold Member

well, either way, i hope Kadima does not win...

Livni is not exactly Golda Meir

3. crossy

Gold Member

Netanyahu is so bright! His peace plan is brilliant. The opposition lady with a name like Tzipi can't be very sharp. My carefully researched solution is to move all the willing Palestinian folks to their choice of Akron, Ohio or Fernley, Nevada and learn advanced Walmart greeting techniques.

4. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are subhuman with your "Palestinian" solution.

Shall we put them on trains and delouse them first? Maybe we should pick out the healthy from the sick with a series of physical tests? We could take a select group of them to use as medical guinea pigs too... all sorts of experimental treatments could be tried out on them to review their efficacy.

Of course the very young and very old won't be able to complete the journey and probably should be just removed from the Palestinian population.

You are truly a sick puppy and in your mind, have come full circle with the holocaust. The oppressed have now become the oppressors.

I know that you were only being cheeky, but your true feelings have not been masked at all.

5. crossy

Gold Member

Tripod:
    You are very perceptive. Having been to Israel four times since 1967 - The happiest proudest most successful people I spoke with were the Yemenites, Palestinians, some living in UPSCALE areas like Hertzliyah with their shops. - everyone I saw spoke Hebrew. They want to stay right where they are.
    BB is not a nice guy and I must say is a little scary. But the Jews value a human life very highly - they will trade one Jewish soldier (albeit probably a spy) for 1000 palestinians in their prisons. Isn't that amazing?

I get off on crazy cheeky posts BUT I will revise my previous post as it showed off my Zionist side which I can't obscure.

Draft saved Draft deleted