"It looked like he had a bad night, I can tell you that."

vdubbraper187

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
http://www.nypost.com/seven/0928200...______dan_kadison____and_cynthia_r__fagen.htm

Just another day in NY.

VILLAGE CORPSE TWIST

'HALLOWEEN' SHOCK

By LARRY CELONA, DAN KADISON and CYNTHIA R. FAGEN

September 28, 2006 -- Only in the West Village, kids . . .

The body of a man clad in a kinky black leather mask and decked out head to toe in S&M gear was hanging from a chain-link fence on Hudson Street yesterday - as many passers-by ignored it, thinking it was a Halloween display.
The slightly built, fair-skinned mystery man may have been choked to death by a dog collar around his neck, it's other end strapped around a 3-foot-tall fence post, police sources said.

The 40ish, tattooed man was found kneeling, braced face-first against the fence in front of 424 Hudson St. at around 6:45 a.m.

In a bizarre twist, the body had been there for at least an hour, dismissed by some who walked past as a quirky seasonal display in an area scattered with S&M and gay bars.

"The body was covered with a black suit and he had a mask on his face," said deli owner Indra Patel, who first spotted the strangely posed corpse when he opened next door around 5:30 a.m.

"I thought it was a dummy. It looked like a dummy, because every year they do decorations like that. I was wondering why they put up the [Halloween] decorations early."

Patel said at least an hour went by before a woman walking her dog realized the sidewalk exhibit of a man wearing a pair of leather spiked gloves, chaps and a vest was a real person and called police.

Cops were investigating if the man had committed suicide or died during some sort of bizarre auto-erotic sex game.

An autopsy will be performed today to determine how the man died. Police sources said there was no sign of a struggle and they don't believe he was a victim of foul play.

Another witness, Kevin Samuel, 50, a porter for a building across the street, said he had looked at the body several times but it just never clicked that it might be a real person.

"I'm staring at him and I think, 'Is that a prop or a real person?' His legs looked like he was twisted on an angle and that he fell in it [the fence]. It looked like he was stuck there and couldn't get up, like he lost his balance," Samuel said.
"He didn't look like a person. I think he had a black mask on; I couldn't see his face.

"I was looking at him for a while. I've never been stumped before trying to identify people. I'm ashamed of myself in a way because, I didn't realize it was a human being."

A worker repairing a gas leak at Hudson and Leroy Street said "I thought it was a decoration for Halloween. I thought it was a scarecrow."

Another passer-by, Ralph Constanza, 31, said, "It looked like he had a bad night, I can tell you that."

larry.celona@nypost.com

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So the moral of the story is that you ought not to dress in leather and a mask near Halloween if you are going to play dangerous auto erotic sex games? I have to admit that that does seem a little bizarre. Of course, up here we had a homeless man downtown in a park laying dead for three or four hours before anybody called the cops. Apparently people just thought he was sleeping. Slightly different circumstances, but if that is a “normal” Halloween decoration in NY then I guess it would be easy to overlook the fact that he was a person.