It's A Wonderful Life

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have it (the movie) on DVD and watched part of it last night before I fell asleep. Wasn't the movie that took me to slumberland....I was dead tired. I may watch the rest of it today. Cold as hell here.

Did anyone spot "Grandma Walton" (Ellen Corby) in the scene where she says she could use $17.50 (or something like that) and he kisses her?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
When originally released it was considered a tub of schmaltz and made back half of it's $6,300,000+ production costs -- even though it was nominated for 5 Oscars (and didn't win any) in 1947. It was considered the beginning of the end of Frank Capra's career for being typically Capraesque (overly sentimental). It only gained notoriety once it became the property of Republic Pictures and began showing up regularly during the late 60's early 70's on broadcast TV appearing throughout the years as an "afternoon" movie.

But if you really love the film, you can become a member of the Zuzu Society (actress Karolyn Grimes is supposedly still putting angels on trees) by checking out" Welcome to the Official Site of Karolyn Grimes who played Zuzu in "It's A Wonderful Life" All the other cast members are dead.