ITS ABOUT TIME MARK!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

rikter8: Thank you for adding the Legal log in.

Thank you for changing the age on the Young and Hung to 18 up.

At least now I can feel comfortable being a part of this board knowing your requiring 18 up.

I can say that I have met more nice folks on this board
    than any other place online, and its nice to know that were now protected.

Corey

2. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Certainly eliminates all the wierd Pedophilia vibes.

Feel sorry for posters like Ish, though, who devoted their time to this site for the last few months and are getting kicked out because they just don't happen to fall in the right age range. Oh well..

3. Imported

Gold Member

rikter8: Agreed.

However were not requiring anything like a drivers license to prove their age.

Im sure you, among other folks on here wouldn't want to be balled up with trouble if it had unfolded.

Besides...there are folks that have yahoo profiles that say they are 18...and theyre younger.

Theres nothing stopping anyone from coming in.

C

4. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

That's not our fault, though. I know all it requires is a click through for someone under the age of 18 to access the board. Surely we wouldn't do anything proposterous as to insist that over 18 members prove their age with a valid credit card or something like that. At the same time, Mark's doing enough to cover his ass legally, and if people should blatantly disregard that, that's their problem.

5. Imported

Gold Member

rikter8: Agreed again Dee.

Its not our problem, nor Marks.

Were not stopping anyone - mearly putting on our blindfolds saying "all we know is that we should be 18 on up in here"

C

6. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=rikter8 link=board=meetgreet;num=1068934499;start=0#4 date=11/16/03 at 08:02:07] Were not stopping anyone - mearly putting on our blindfolds saying "all we know is that we should be 18 on up in here"

C
    [/quote]

Corey, what else could be done? ANY effort to actively police this medium would be easily breached by most 14 year olds. What would you suggest? Pay per view?

Allie
    :)

7. Imported

Gold Member

Panda2000: Bye

While I feel this is not the most needed step, I will gladly follow the rules. While I feel the content teens can access by watching MTV or visiting chatrooms is worse, I do not believe in breaking the law. While I understand this decision means I must leave, I will return once I turn 18. I have plenty of other forums to visit, and I will continue to enjoy them. I do, however, have one thing to say: The forums on www.Resistance.com seem to me as they are much more likely to corrupt minors and get their owners in trouble - yet they welcome people of ALL ages (and those are the forums I am likely to visit after being kicked off of the LPSG)!

With this I sign off...

--- Panda 18, in September 2008

(P.S. I know you will want to delete this post, but please leave it for a FEW days

8. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    MTV has a LOT more money to defend themselves if they're taken to court.

Thank you for your thoughtful postings, Panda.

9. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Panda:

I definitely know what you mean. Considering that programs like Kazaa and WinMX don't have a way of checking the age of the people who use them, it's trivial for someone who's underage to download and view anything they really want to. I hope you won't hold any ill will towards Mark for heeding his lawyer's advice.

I've got a feeling that a lot will change between now and 2008...you probably won't have to wait that long.

Heath

10. Imported

Gold Member

rikter8: I tried laying out hints..but I guess no one took them, so I'll be blunt.

If a 16 yr old kid comes on here with a Yahoo Profile that says he's 18 - thats not Marks Problem, Not My problem, and not Your problem. We are exempt because he's "18" according to his online profile.

Its their issue, and I don't think we should go any further than what Mark has, which is basically "Do you agree to see nekkid men and talk dirty".

No one can "Stumble on in". they have to agree.

I dont think we need to Police anything.
    Hopefully seeing profiles that say 18 will deter pedophiles.

Im not tyring to be some beurocratic bookworm...
    I hate seeing the young folks go too ya know.
    I know that I wish I had this site growing up.

One Simple Solution:
    It's Called Redo your profiles and GET ON WITH LIFE!

Blunt and clear enough?

Draft saved Draft deleted