It's called a gun safe. Buy One!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

========================

I am neither a forensics expert nor a psychologist, but IMHO no sane person dreams about an argument with someone they allegedly love or at least like; and then emptys a gun into them. :no: Something must have been mentally or neurologically wrong with Eric Lee Phillips Whitehead. He wasn't sleep walking. He had to know at age 14 that dreams are not reality. Therefore his actions were intentional.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

:irked: I am so sick of these senseless deaths! :irked:
    A high school junior was killed in Carrollton, GA Friday night because he and a friend were'playing with a loaded gun. :261: WTF!?!?! I grew up in a house with guns. I was also taught gun safety.
    Rule #1 NEVER point a gun at another human being!
    Rule #2 NEVER use a gun in anger.

Rule #3 NEVER leave a gun loaded
    Rule #4 ALWAYS clean your gun after each use.
    Rule #5 Guns are NOT toys.
    Rule #6 Eat what you kill, never kill more than you and your family can eat.

My daddy's rules for gun safety differ a little bit from the NRA, but they are still spot on. Consequently neither my friends , nor I have been accidentally shot, maimed, or killed. :cool:
    ========================

For the love of God in heaven if you have children and you own a gun, get a
    gun safe! :mad: Do not give the children access to the combination or key to the gun safe. :angryfire2:

#1 Principessa, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Thanks for posting this NJ. I don't claim to be a psychologist or understand the effects of drugs during pregnancy or in childhood, but I can't help but wonder if by medicating children (during formative years) whether for depression, anxiety or ADD we somehow alter the brain and the ability to understand reality. Or if the drugs that that parents took prior to or after conception have effects that have not been studied. This is another tragic story that could have been eliminated with common sense. If you have children lock up the guns.
    I have a gun and a permit to carry it. (I don't carry it) But it's loaded in a secure place should someone break into my home. If I had children in my home I would take further safeguards.
    But I did have a dream about a certain LPSG member...Oh never mind!

3. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

My first response is: Where does she find this stuff? Then im reminded that she gives a reference to the full articles.

Then my 2nd response is: Why does she find this stuff? It's usually very depressing, extreme, morbid news stories that would depress anyone if they read it constantly.

It usually has something to do with decapitation, setting someone on fire while they are still alive, dismemberment or something involving children/infants or fetuses. I'm all for sharing news but it can't be good for the soul to be wrapped up into it this much.

#3 B_Mademoiselle Rouge, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  4. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is absolutely terrifying.

I haven't read the full articles, but is there any mention of whoever owns the gun being prosecuted for failing to secure the gun?

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Did you seriously think I made it up? :eek::confused: I watch the news, I'm weird that way. :rolleyes: :duh:

WSB_TV is the Atlanta CBS affiliate. I don't go looking for morbid, sick, or sad stories, however I do like to know what is going on in the world around me. Both stories were also in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Unfortunately, Atlanta and it's metro area have become like a modern day Dodge City. :frown1:

FWIW: Carrollton, GA is the next town over from me. It saddens me to see so many young people die needlessly, but I don't dwell on it.

No, there has been no mention of this. I think the police are content that they know who did the shooting.:frown1:

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I personally like the articles she finds, abstract and original tho they may be, but interesting and informative nonetheless.

7. Gl3nn

Gold Member

OR ... just don't buy a gun....

wow, so simple....

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Histrionic fearmongering gorecrow...our society's full of them. Their common psychopathology seems to be the delusion that acting as the messenger of grave news will mask their own lack of interesting substance and/or imbue them with an appearance of significance. :yawn:

PS: Love your deliciously ironic new av, Red. :wink:

9. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

And we all know the very simple solution.

Draft saved Draft deleted