It's called a gun safe. Buy One!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Authorities in Georgia said a 14-year-old boy awoke from a bad dream and shot his stepsister in the head 10 times while she napped on the couch. Richmond County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Peebles said Eric Lee Phillips Whitehead has been charged with murder. Whitehead is charged as an adult in the Friday afternoon death of 22-year-old Patricia Ann Troglen.

The teen told authorities he considered his stepsister to be his best friend, but he became enraged after he dreamt about an argument with her. Police say the teen awoke, got a gun from his stepfather's room and shot his stepsister. Peebles says Whitehead had been in and out of trouble and had been staying at his stepfather's home temporarily.

========================

I am neither a forensics expert nor a psychologist, but IMHO no sane person dreams about an argument with someone they allegedly love or at least like; and then emptys a gun into them. :no: Something must have been mentally or neurologically wrong with Eric Lee Phillips Whitehead. He wasn't sleep walking. He had to know at age 14 that dreams are not reality. Therefore his actions were intentional.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

:irked: I am so sick of these senseless deaths! :irked:
A high school junior was killed in Carrollton, GA Friday night because he and a friend were'playing with a loaded gun. :261: WTF!?!?! I grew up in a house with guns. I was also taught gun safety.
Rule #1 NEVER point a gun at another human being!
Rule #2 NEVER use a gun in anger.

Rule #3 NEVER leave a gun loaded
Rule #4 ALWAYS clean your gun after each use.
Rule #5 Guns are NOT toys.
Rule #6 Eat what you kill, never kill more than you and your family can eat.

My daddy's rules for gun safety differ a little bit from the NRA, but they are still spot on. Consequently neither my friends , nor I have been accidentally shot, maimed, or killed. :cool:
========================

CARROLLTON, Ga. -- The teenager accused in the accidental shooting of a Carrollton High School basketball player has been placed on suicide watch, according to the suspect’s aunt, Vickie Ware. Ware told Channel 2 Action News reporter Ashley Hayes that she took her nephew, Johnta Chism, 18, to turn himself in at the Carrolton County Jail. Authorities said Chism was playing with a gun and pointed the weapon at his best friend, 16-year-old D’Vante Rashad Williams. Witnesses said Chism didn’t realize the gun was loaded. Williams was taken to a nearby hospital and died.

Police said the incident occurred at the student’s home in the 500 block of Willie North Street in Carrollton at about 9:30 p.m. Friday. “He (Chism) didn’t mean to do it," said Williams’ mother, Michelle Strickland. "I can't hold a grudge against him." Carrollton police Capt. Jamison Sailors said Chism was arrested late Saturday night and faces one charge each of manslaughter and reckless conduct in Williams' death. The suspect’s aunt said both of Chism’s parents died when he was young. Ware said ironically, Chism’s father died of a gunshot wound while playing with a gun.

For the love of God in heaven if you have children and you own a gun, get a
gun safe! :mad: Do not give the children access to the combination or key to the gun safe. :angryfire2:

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for posting this NJ. I don't claim to be a psychologist or understand the effects of drugs during pregnancy or in childhood, but I can't help but wonder if by medicating children (during formative years) whether for depression, anxiety or ADD we somehow alter the brain and the ability to understand reality. Or if the drugs that that parents took prior to or after conception have effects that have not been studied. This is another tragic story that could have been eliminated with common sense. If you have children lock up the guns.
I have a gun and a permit to carry it. (I don't carry it) But it's loaded in a secure place should someone break into my home. If I had children in my home I would take further safeguards.
But I did have a dream about a certain LPSG member...Oh never mind!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My first response is: Where does she find this stuff? Then im reminded that she gives a reference to the full articles.

Then my 2nd response is: Why does she find this stuff? It's usually very depressing, extreme, morbid news stories that would depress anyone if they read it constantly.

It usually has something to do with decapitation, setting someone on fire while they are still alive, dismemberment or something involving children/infants or fetuses. I'm all for sharing news but it can't be good for the soul to be wrapped up into it this much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is absolutely terrifying.

I haven't read the full articles, but is there any mention of whoever owns the gun being prosecuted for failing to secure the gun?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first response is: Where does she find this stuff? Then im reminded that she gives a reference to the full articles.
Did you seriously think I made it up? :eek::confused: I watch the news, I'm weird that way. :rolleyes: :duh:

Then my 2nd response is: Why does she find this stuff? It's usually very depressing, extreme, morbid news stories that would depress anyone if they read it constantly.
It usually has something to do with decapitation, setting someone on fire while they are still alive, dismemberment or something involving children/infants or fetuses. I'm all for sharing news but it can't be good for the soul to be wrapped up into it this much.
WSB_TV is the Atlanta CBS affiliate. I don't go looking for morbid, sick, or sad stories, however I do like to know what is going on in the world around me. Both stories were also in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Unfortunately, Atlanta and it's metro area have become like a modern day Dodge City. :frown1:

FWIW: Carrollton, GA is the next town over from me. It saddens me to see so many young people die needlessly, but I don't dwell on it.

That is absolutely terrifying.
I haven't read the full articles, but is there any mention of whoever owns the gun being prosecuted for failing to secure the gun?
No, there has been no mention of this. I think the police are content that they know who did the shooting.:frown1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Histrionic fearmongering gorecrow...our society's full of them. Their common psychopathology seems to be the delusion that acting as the messenger of grave news will mask their own lack of interesting substance and/or imbue them with an appearance of significance. :yawn:

PS: Love your deliciously ironic new av, Red. :wink: