It's called Spellchecker

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
Am I not the only one getting annoyed lately at people making spelling typos that simply should not happen at all?

Typing typos I can understand but simple words that were taught in grade school should not be spelled wrong. Nobody should have to spell words such as that, the, or is wrong, especially over and over.

:mad:

/rant

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Know clue what your talking a bout. Spell Check has given me the green light.:wink:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
payed - paid
where - wear
to - too -two

Just to start a list

I wish I had started a document with all the crazy errors I see. I post on about 4 different boards, so I see some amazing screwups.

coolbrotha86

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, look at it this way. If people spelled everything right, you wouldn't be able to insult their intelligence when you disagree with them and it results in a six page argument. You have to fall back on something right?

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Count me in on that rant. Although, I wish lpsg had a built-in spell checker.

I had a very intelligent friend once comment about how he'd never go back and correct any typos, as he was sure people knew what he was talking about and responded to the content of his post as opposed to the legibility. Sad thing was, people glossed over his posts as it looked like a 12 year old had written it, and no one ever took him seriously.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Count me in on that rant. Although, I wish lpsg had a built-in spell checker.

I had a very intelligent friend once comment about how he'd never go back and correct any typos, as he was sure people knew what he was talking about and responded to the content of his post as opposed to the legibility. Sad thing was, people glossed over his posts as it looked like a 12 year old had written it, and no one ever took him seriously.

Are you serious? My browser has built in spell check. Nice feature and we all know the comp never lies..... hahahah.

And it is called "Spell Check" so the title of this thread has failed.:wink:

ps, I often misspell to irritate the smart ppl.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Am I not the only one getting annoyed lately at people making spelling typos that simply should not happen at all?

Typing typos I can understand but simple words that were taught in grade school should not be spelled wrong. Nobody should have to spell words such as that, the, or is wrong, especially over and over.

/rant

Typing errors are "typos". There are no "spelling typos" - what you refer to are spelling errors.

Couching your first sentence in the negative is needlessly pedantic and only serves to obscure the point you are trying to make.

/misuse of words and poor sentence construction rant

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
i like it when people who complain about some people's spelling and writing skills to makes themselves appear and feel smarter are corrected themselves.

(just so you know i did try really hard to make as little errors as possible there lol)

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you serious? My browser has built in spell check. Nice feature and we all know the comp never lies..... hahahah.

Really? What browser are you using? I do it the long way and write my longer posts off-line (Outlook or Word, something with a spell check function) and then copy and paste it in here.

I now have browser envy.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really? What browser are you using? I do it the long way and write my longer posts off-line (Outlook or Word, something with a spell check function) and then copy and paste it in here.

I now have browser envy.

Spell check is included with the google toolbar for IE. That's what I use when I remember to do so.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

/rant
Sure thing-as soon as you take some remedial grammar lessons and learn your punctuation.

Since you opened the closet (or Pandora's box) I offer your errors:

Your greeting post: I have recently found that I've a preference for endowed me and after playing with a fella who was endowed, it has led to several questions that I'm hoping to get answers later. (http://www.lpsg.org/2074069-post1.html)

It may interest you to know that 'fella' is not a word recognized by Spell Check.

Next up: I hope I can ask this question in a way that does not sound BAD or make me look bad !!

... While staying with him, did your partner started out as average / above average and start pumping or doing special exercises...
(http://www.lpsg.org/2087394-post1.html)

First, only one exclamation point (!) is proper. Two shows lack of schooling.

Secondly, I'm having difficulty understanding what language skills you use when saying: 'did your partner started out as average...' That should have been: 'did your partner start out as average...'

Moving right along, I encountered the next error on your part: I'm just saying in general that NOBODY should make spelling typos for simple words such as "that" or "the" (http://www.lpsg.org/2423124-post8.html)

You neglected to place any form of punctuation at the end of your statement.

The last one I bothered to look at was this one: I'm friends and neighbors with someone who made a few movies. We have played a couple times. Out of respect and consideration and because I don't kiss and tell, I will not say whom he is. I get a kick out of reading posts about people inquiring his identity, cock size, whether his cock is fully hard or so heavy that it hangs and the movies he's been in. I have time wanted to reply to those posts and say what I know but nobody would believe me.

You say 'I'm friends and neighbors with someone who...' (http://www.lpsg.org/2421029-post109.html)

It is revealed that you are writing of one person which means your sentence should read 'I am a friend and neighbor with/to/of someone...' It should be done in this way, as, you are writing of something singular, not plural (unless you are multiple personalities in which case friends and neighbors might work).

None of us is perfect.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, North, I would think you of all people would honor the spirit, if not the letter, of this thread. :wink:

As for Spell Check, two words: use it.

And I'm not being patronizing; I'm a pretty piss-poor speller myself.

You learn something new everyday, I always thought you were reclining on a lounge chair drinking a martini and dictating your posts to "the help" to enter for you!