It's freezing outside

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was 49 degrees F with 60 mile per hour winds this afternoon, at 2:00AM it is 40 degrees and the weather service says we might get 1-2 feet of snow in the next couple of days. My wife is excited because she is a great downhill skier and she bought an old 4WD 3/4 ton diesel pickup with 4-way snowplow and she is eager to keep our two miles of dirt road open. One of our neighbors used to plow us out but he got tired of the bickering among some of the neighbors further down the road.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My outdoor thermometer tells me it's currently 9 F (-13 C).

I think that officially qualifies as too damned cold.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, I see. But how do you suggest I get myself from the car to the lobby?
Easy, silly. Have the transporter chief double check the annular confinement beam, then just say "energize."

I am so very very sorry and am ready now for my spankings.

Line UP...:tongue:
Are you sure you want to post that where I can read it?:biggrin1:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
-12 with an excpected high of -3. The weather here has been all over the place from frigid to balmy. So far this winter we've had three or four snowstorms with lightning which is supposed to be rare.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
-12 with an excpected high of -3. The weather here has been all over the place from frigid to balmy. So far this winter we've had three or four snowstorms with lightning which is supposed to be rare.

When I was in Florida this summer they had "dry lightning". A flash that comes down when it is not raining.

The news said someone was hit while doing yardwork.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well said.:tongue: Btw, good old Southern ontario is sitting at -23 with wind chill at the moment.:biggrin1:[/quote]
Yikes! :yikes: That is why I don't live in Canada!

Weather for Temple, Georgia
Hazardous Weather OutlookRed Flag Warning
A red flag warning means it's dry and there is a risk of brush fires.

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 48. South wind around 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Calm wind.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind around 5 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. South wind around 5 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

Monday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's raining here. Cold and damp and windy. Sometimes I think it feels colder here than places where it snows just because snow is dry and you can just brush it off you and you don't walk around soaking wet. That wet coldness and wind today just chills you through to your bone.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's raining here. Cold and damp and windy. Sometimes I think it feels colder here than places where it snows just because snow is dry and you can just brush it off you and you don't walk around soaking wet. That wet coldness and wind today just chills you through to your bone.

Snow is not dry...There is powdery snow that is a bit dryer and easier to brush off a car, but there is also wet snow that is heavy and clump. (the one that is good for Snowballs and Snowmen.)

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mem! You should have booked a flight to So Cal! The weather has been in the mid fifties lately! No jackets required!

But the biggest storm in 20 years is about to hit, so maybe you made the right choice going to Fla... :biggrin1:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ice storm approaching Jersey- expected to drop basketball size pellets of ice between Cape May and points north up to the New York border and on over into Monsey. Rockland County on alert!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem! You should have booked a flight to So Cal! The weather has been in the mid fifties lately! No jackets required!

But the biggest storm in 20 years is about to hit, so maybe you made the right choice going to Fla... :biggrin1:

I didn't go anywhere. I just have the weather on the side Google page of windows Vista and check the weather for Florida there.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Below are some temps for selected cities in Florida.
High: Jan 2, Low: Jan 3.
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]Daytona Beach    47     32 
Jacksonville     41     26
Key West         69     45
Miami            65     39
Panama City      41     25
Tampa            51     29 
Winter Haven     50     29[/FONT]
Notable is Key West. They rarely go below 50. "Winter Haven" :tongue: is near Orlando.

Snow flurries were reported in Ormond Beach (adjacent to Daytona) and other areas along the Volusia coast on the morning of 3 Jan. The weather service confirmed "frozen precip" but that as far as they would go.

Daytona Saturday forecast: high 70, low 52. Much better!