It's good to be the King!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, isn't this just special? Special rules for special people, and Bush is just the special-est. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that the biggest oaf in the history of our country is also the guy who has made the most exceptions from the law for himself and his administration.

If there wasn't something to hide, why would he need to BREAK THE FUCKING LAW, then excuse himself for it, over and over?

WASHINGTON - A bill becomes the rule of the land when Congress passes it and the president signs it into law, right? Not necessarily, according to the White House. A law is not binding when a president issues a separate statement saying he reserves the right to revise, interpret or disregard it on national security and constitutional grounds

Click Here to READ

Wake up people, we can't afford to keep napping through this.

(Zora--I edited the link as the post table was breaking--Lex)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
Well, isn't this just special? Special rules for special people, and Bush is just the special-est. Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that the biggest oaf in the history of our country is also the guy who has made the most exceptions from the law for himself and his administration.

If there wasn't something to hide, why would he need to BREAK THE FUCKING LAW, then excuse himself for it, over and over?...Wake up people, we can't afford to keep napping through this.
Ah, dahling, the sheep aren't napping, just doing as they are told to do.

Please have a quick glance at a couple of my political threads (Terrorist bank records, and Ohio Politics) and you will start to understand the sheeps' thought process a little better.

Of course this is an outrage, but guess what, babe? The sheep are so deeply ingrained into the archaic two-party system that nothing will change.

"Well, of course he's a shit-bag, but he's our shit-bag, and if we get rid of him, then their shit-bag will take his place, and we can't have one of them telling us what to do, now can we?"

I gotta admit, though, I have gained a lot of respect for repubican Specter over the last few months. Who would have thought a repubican would break ranks and actually question and criticize boy george?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This just goes to show how little most Americans understand of the Constitution and the ways our system of Checks and Balances is supposed to work. SIGH.

When the three branches of government aren't allowed to reign one another in, we get--well, we get THIS.

Especially when more people are too ignorant (unknowledgable) to even notice the GROSS wrongs being committed.

The Separation of Powers is designed specifically to KEEP this type of single-minded (single-branch) shit from happening. Flabbergasting.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
When the three branches of government aren't allowed to reign one another in, we get--well, we get THIS.

Especially when more people are too ignorant (unknowledgable) to even notice the GROSS wrongs being committed.

The Separation of Powers is designed specifically to KEEP this type of single-minded (single-branch) shit from happening. Flabbergasting.
Well, when you have the single-minded (and incredibly effective)(money money money) and tireless efforts of Tom Abramoff and Jack DeLay over the course of a few years, you "earn the right" (???) to stack the deck in your favor. They bribed and strong-armed the way for the GOP control of the house & senate, then the white house... and of course, the white house de facto also means the judiciary - since mr pres hand-picks the justices... well, with the deck stacked like that, how can you help but to get a royal flush with every hand dealt? I think it's way past time to give ole king george the royal flush... along with all the non-constitution-understanding shit-bags on the hill.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I think it's way past time to give ole king george the royal flush... along with all the non-constitution-understanding shit-bags on the hill.

Haha, look to your left and your right- it's your fellow citizens you have to thank. The shitbags on the hill understand just fine about the constitution, but it's inconvenient. Their real power is that they know WE don't understand it as a nation, and that we don't care to become informed.

Just look at how the ignorant defend their rights to remain ignorant with things like "more conspiracy theories" and "leftwing bullshit" whenever confronted with anything uncomfortable. If we admit what's happening, we just might have to DO something about it, and that sounds like a lot of work.

No, better to believe ol' georgie boy is looking out "for our best interest", that way we don't have to move our fat asses this way or that. If the preacher tells us were doing the right thing, that's all the confirmation we need. Thinking for ourselves has become so passe.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
madame_zora said:
Just look at how the ignorant defend their rights to remain ignorant with things like "more conspiracy theories" and "leftwing bullshit" whenever confronted with anything uncomfortable. If we admit what's happening, we just might have to DO something about it, and that sounds like a lot of work.

Bullseye.

I never believe I can be MORE amazed at what the majority of this country will let slide.

I have to remind myself that it's a LOT more.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
tireless efforts of Tom Abramoff and Jack DeLay over the course of a few years, you "earn the right" (???) to stack the deck in your favor

One key player you left out of your equation was Karl Rove. Without Rove, the coup (and that's exactly what it was) could not have taken place. He's been an underhanded behind-the-scenes Republican propagandist since the Nixon years.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ETA123 said:
One key player you left out of your equation was Karl Rove. Without Rove, the coup (and that's exactly what it was) could not have taken place. He's been an underhanded behind-the-scenes Republican propagandist since the Nixon years.

Yes, this is payback for the days when Karl Rove and others watched what they thought was presidential power be eroded away during the Nixon blowout. They have been scheming ever since to tip the scales the other way as far as they could.

Mme. Z, you have said it all. We are doing this to ourselves.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, Rove is nothing short of amazing. I mean, from a sales perspective, he IS the shit. How could anyone make dumbya look good, even to stupid people? I tell you, he should have been a beautician.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get sort of annoyed reading about Bush because golly he's so annoying. So rather than comment on the article I'll just say I believe our president is a:

Reckless maniac who's helping oil companies destroy the planet.
Liar who thinks if you can't get people to support you by telling the truth it's OK to get them to support you by lying.
Arrogant bastard who would rather kill thousands of people than admit a mistake.
Moron who probably has an IQ of 80-90.
Religious nutbag who cares 0% about the constitution but 100% about the bible.

Usually I don't pay one bit of attention to politics but it took this idiot to get me into it. I'll be honest, the election in 2004 was the first time I voted in awhile. But here I'll say to all the Americans out there - vote Democratic!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<sigh> Jana, we should have talked longer this morning. I'm about to cry. <sigh> As the old saying goes, "he may be a shitbag, but he's my shitbag."

The Professor 2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can you find nothing at all that is good about America????

I speak as an independent...an Ex Pat living in Europe and Dubai.

You shoot off your mouth with nothing but criticism and you seem to have no idea at all about what it is like to live outside of the US! And you have no idea how fortunate you are to live in and to be an American.

Your diatribes are frankly disgusting and give creedence to the phrase "ugly American"...my students would give their left arm to be in the position you are in and you don't have a clue.

Try someone else's shoes on before you vomit on your own!

Say something - anything - good about the US or keep your painted lips shut unless and until you can put yourself in someone else's position who is NOT fortunate enough to be an American...Madame?...give me a break! You have who and what you vote for!

madame_zora said:

If there wasn't something to hide, why would he need to BREAK THE FUCKING LAW, then excuse himself for it, over and over?

WASHINGTON - A bill becomes the rule of the land when Congress passes it and the president signs it into law, right? Not necessarily, according to the White House. A law is not binding when a president issues a separate statement saying he reserves the right to revise, interpret or disregard it on national security and constitutional grounds

Click Here to READ

Wake up people, we can't afford to keep napping through this.

(Zora--I edited the link as the post table was breaking--Lex)

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Professor 2 said:

You shoot off your mouth with nothing but criticism and you seem to have no idea at all about what it is like to live outside of the US! And you have no idea how fortunate you are to live in and to be an American.

Your diatribes are frankly disgusting and give creedence to the phrase "ugly American"...my students would give their left arm to be in the position you are in and you don't have a clue.

Say something - anything - good about the US or keep your painted lips shut unless and until you can put yourself in someone else's position who is NOT fortunate enough to be an American...Madame?...give me a break! You have who and what you vote for!
Without stating it too strongly . . . BULLSHIT. You get who and what you vote for when you have a legitimate election system that is not twisted by corrupt election officials in places like Ohio where voters are disenfranchised, and where elected officials are actually elected instead of appointed by a biased Supreme Court.

Having lived here all my life, served in our military for almost a decade, and done so proudly, I can say for a fact that Madame Zora's statements are spot on.

When "elected" officials show a complete disregard for the Constitution and laws which they are sworn to uphold and defend, they deserve criticism and they deserve to be called on it.

The fact is that the majority of the world currently views the US as the largest threat to world peace, not a bastion of freedom. The overwhelming hubris shown by this administration destroyed the vast majority of positive feelings toward the US, even the increased goodwill shown by the world at large after the events of 9/11 has been obliterated.

Little clue for you - "Ugly American" refers to someone who has the belligerent attitude that America is better than any place else on Earth and who obnoxiously displays that attitude wherever they go, both through their statements, and their self-involved attitude and actions. Someone who actually travelled extensively and actually dealt frequently with residents of other countries would know that.

If you'd like the primary definition, I give you the following:

[SIZE=-1]"Ugly American is a term used to refer to perceptions worldwide of arrogant, demeaning, unthoughtful behavior of Americans abroad. The term originated as the title of a 1958 book by authors William Lederer and Eugene Burdick, reprinted in 1999" --- Sorry, but someone critical of America who is living there hardly qualifies. Doubt me? Look it up.

This may come as a shock to you, but criticizing something that is extremely wrong with your country is NOT a bad thing. It's a much worse thing to see something wrong and remain silent and complacent than it is to speak out against wrong and try to make it right. NO man is supposed to be above the law in the US, and when you have those in power who believe they can alter the law to suit their whim, then the US is no longer what it was intended to be.

Another shock for you - the President is NOT the United States. He is merely an elected official. Criticizing him does NOT equate to criticizing the United States anymore than criticizing Tony Blair equates to criticizing the UK.

"[/SIZE]To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President,right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OOOooooooooooooooooo D -R -A -M-A!!

The Professor 2 said:
Actually? Just lately not too much.

"ex Pat (Buchanan)" ??:33:

You shoot off your mouth with nothing but criticism and you seem to have no idea at all about what it is like to live outside of the US!
Sure I do. I've lived outside it.

And you have no idea how fortunate you are to live in and to be an American.
You must have been in Dubai for some time now..:rolleyes:

Quite a diatribe of your own right here bucko. You'd know the term 'ugly American' firsthand because you sound like one no matter what your location at present

I have. And I think I'll vomit on yours.

You dumb fuck. You don't have a clue who or what you're taking on here. There's nary a one of us, I'll wager, who voted that fucknut into office.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can we export massive doses of Xanax and Prozac to EU and UAE?

Gag. It frightens me that "the professor" actually has students.

The Professor 2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Get a life...who are you to call me "dumb fuck"? Your ignorance is evident about democracy. So if you don't like your government, change it. Spare me the drama you queen :rolleyes:

With all do respect of course :biggrin1:

Stronzo said:
OOOooooooooooooooooo D -R -A -M-A!!

Actually? Just lately not too much.

"ex Pat (Buchanan)" ??:33:

Sure I do. I've lived outside it.

You must have been in Dubai for some time now..:rolleyes:

Quite a diatribe of your own right here bucko. You'd know the term 'ugly American' firsthand because you sound like one no matter what your location at present

I have. And I think I'll vomit on yours.

You dumb fuck. You don't have a clue who or what you're taking on here. There's nary a one of us, I'll wager, who voted that fucknut into office.