Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It is possible for people to be devoted parents with the common, mutual interest of a child at hand, yet have separate personal lives.
This whole scenario came about because i was telling her about my efforts to adopt, exploring egg and surrogate donation.
adoption is very much an option.
finally, i will concede that having a child is a selfish act. wanting to have a child is a selfish act. and i will admit that i would like to indulge in this selfishness and do it better than most people.

Then I wish you the best my friend - sincerely! Although politically I'd call myself a "liberal', I just don't know if something like this is the best turn in evolution for the human race. It takes "love" out of the equation of bringing a child into the world and I don't like that but I don't want to judge you and I won't. Best of luck man...it's your life and you're living it! (albeit with opinions from 50 or so people you don't know on an internet forum...hmmm...the world IS changing:smile: and that's okay)

Peace Goodwood and best of luck to you!

cajun boy 8x6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If The Baby Comes Out Saying ""hows Ya Mama Enim " Its Definitly Of Cajun Desent!!!!!!!!! And I Suspect That Is A Good Thing !!!!!!! When Hes 16 Well Get Him A Chevy And Teach Him How To Park It On The Levee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like His Ancestors Did!!

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Garth -
"I just don't know if something like this is the best turn in evolution for the human race."

well...we have ALL known of far less well thought out plans in the scheme of human evolution.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well...we have ALL known of far less well thought out plans in the scheme of human evolution.

Don't let them trip u up. They just listen to too much Bill OReilly and Christian talk radio, u know how that makes people feel uppity and better than everyone else, eternal criticize mode.

They're quick to tell somebody else about some kids, but instead of them being at an adoption agency adopting a child with down syndrome or a baby that was born with fetal alcohol syndrome, they sit behind their computer and criticize strangers they don't know at all. They have NO REASON to criticize us other than their misguided, delusional self-righteousness. They can all sit on a cactus, bare-assed, for all I care.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If Cajun Boy 8x6 gets to be godfather I want to be godmother. We can't have that child being afraid of black people. Besides which, someone has to teach her how to cook. I should warn you, I teach primary colors using semi-precious gems.
Red = Ruby
Blue = Sapphire
Green = Emerald

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Garth -
"I just don't know if something like this is the best turn in evolution for the human race."

well...there is an OLD saying..."the best layed plans of mice and men..." (You know the rest!) Just saying...and i'm officially OUT!!! (another request comng - hope you consider it:smile:)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't let them trip u up. They just listen to too much Bill OReilly and Christian talk radio, u know how that makes people feel uppity and better than everyone else, eternal criticize mode.

AND WE ALL KNOW THOSE BEYOTCHES AREN'T GOING TO ADOPT THE CRACK BABIES OF COLOR. THEY MAY ADOPT THE CHINESE BABY GURL WITH MATHEMATIC, GYMNASTIC, SCIENTIFIC POTENTIAL. OTHERWISE ANY OTHER RACE AND NATIONALITY, EITHER MADONNA OR ANGELINA JOLIE WILL ADOPT THEM.

They're quick to tell somebody else about some kids, but instead of them being at an adoption agency adopting a child with down syndrome or a baby that was born with fetal alcohol syndrome, they sit behind their computer and criticize strangers they don't know at all. They have NO REASON to criticize us other than their misguided, delusional self-righteousness. They can all sit on a cactus, bare-assed, for all I care.

Marley--

Evangelicals sitting bareassed on cacti. That isn't nice.

Invisi.
:rolleyes:

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder what pronatalist would say. :rolleyes:

You don't know? Are you asking me for an answer, or baiting me to weigh in with my views of this discussion thread?

Pair up, marry, and let babies happen as they happen.

I don't at all like Big Pharma's shoddy contraceptive potions and poisons.

If you are properly married, and your bodies are ready to conceive, then why wouldn't it be "Have Another Kid Time?" I believe in keeping the door to life open.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's letting them off lightly for their crimes of hatred, intolerance, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, discrimination, judgmentalism, and deception.

You know those beyotches are crezzy. They wouldn't know God if He came down with a name tag, a big jagged flaming sword, the Metatron and a bouquet of flaming bushes (The entire Bush family.:biggrin1:).

They are going to get theirs. And dropping them off the Grand Canyon into a kiddie pool of glass shards, vinegar, salt, and isopropyl alcohol...won't change their mean-spirited ways.

D

deleted3782

Ok.Has anyone ever actually been in this position? has anyone done this?
I am ready to be a dad and she is ready to be a mom and we have been close friends, our families have been friends for almost 25 years.
We see no reason that we should undertake the same task on our own when we might be able to work it out together. What say you?

I was able to get through life without making any advanced appointments for my DNA. :wink:

Maybe one way to look at this is long term. What will result when all is said and done? If, in 20 years, you end up with a well-adjusted person who feels wanted, secure, comfortable, and is able to do good things for the world, then I would say it was a great idea.

If only it was that easy. What if your child is born with some kind of health issue that requires intensive attention? What if a healthy child is afflicted with some physical setback? What if you find yourself not able to support a child? If you are able to accomodate those "what if's" then I think you are closer to making such a commitment. Be prepared for contingencies...things don't always end up within your expectations. That's not a bad thing, but that's what leads to parents dropping their kids off at the front door of a hospital somewhere in Nebraska.

The first step is to "want" a child, that's more than a lot of kids ever get. Sounds like you have made it that far, at least.

Best of luck to ya'll.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the 'what ifs' are something that have been thought about, considered and provisions have been made for those contingencies.
and i have wanted to have children my entire adult life but have spent it being a spoiled child for the last 20 years.
the desire to be a loving and encouraging father is innate and i am at a point to be able to do that.
thanks for the good luck wishes. i will accept all of the well wishes anyone cares to offer.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first step is to "want" a child, that's more than a lot of kids ever get. Sounds like you have made it that far, at least.

Best of luck to ya'll.

Exactly! That's the main thing... to be wanted and loved. It sounds to me like Goodwood's child would be wanted and loved.

On the other hand, I've known since childhood myself that I did not want any children of my own, and have taken steps to ensure that I did not have them. I know that I would be unable to properly love and care for a child.