It's Not Size, it's the length (of time) that Matters

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
An Article in my local newspaper had this caption on the headline. The sub-heading had this: "Sex therapists say 3-13 minutes is best."

The article was by a Megan K. Scott of the Associated Press and had as a location: "New York." The findings to be published in the May issued of the Journal of Sexual Medicine stikes the notion that endurance is the key to a great sex life.

Interesting. Research was conducted by an Eric Corty. The time frame indicated above does not cover the period of fore-play. Just the insertation segment of intercourse.

One to two minutes is "too short."

A Doctor Irwin Goldstein is listed as the Editor of the Journal of Sexual Medicine. The article will cite a four-week study of 1,500 couples in 2005 that found the median time for sexual intercourse was 7.3 minutes. (Women were armed with stopwatches.)

Should be an interesting article.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i love quickies but could never fuck for 13 minutes without
wanting it to last longer.

i like the texture of pussy against my cock too much.
But quickies are definately very explosive.:wink:

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was younger, I used to think you had to last hours to be a rockstar in bed (and I was). Now that I am older and have a lot more experience, Ive found that most women are happiest at about a half hour.

Disclaimer: I know that some women do like to go for hours, there are some exceptions to what Ive learned, bless em.

LargeInLife

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally I like going longer, and taking my time. But I would agree that often times the best sex is right in that 10 minute range, my GF gets rather sore if we go too much longer and can't take too much. As I said, I like going longer, but even if she is cumming more than once, my girl can only get off two or maybe times before she needs a break from my dick. So that 10 min range, is usually just about right. Its just a matter if I can bust that fast.
Where is the medicine and gimmicks for the guys who last too long during sex, huh?

An Article in my local newspaper had this caption on the headline. The sub-heading had this: "Sex therapists say 3-13 minutes is best."

The article was by a Megan K. Scott of the Associated Press and had as a location: "New York." The findings to be published in the May issued of the Journal of Sexual Medicine stikes the notion that endurance is the key to a great sex life.

Interesting. Research was conducted by an Eric Corty. The time frame indicated above does not cover the period of fore-play. Just the insertation segment of intercourse.

A Doctor Irwin Goldstein is listed as the Editor of the Journal of Sexual Medicine. The article will cite a four-week study of 1,500 couples in 2005 that found the median time for sexual intercourse was 7.3 minutes. (Women were armed with stopwatches.)

amadordelsexo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is a complex question , depend if it is continous and hard sex , depend if you use special product s for last and mainly depend of if you have sex take penis out , kiss the girl ectc.. , I mean exchange sexua activities , can stay from 30 minuts to 2 hours .

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate short fucks... my optimum time range is about 5-15 minutes of foreplay depending on how hyped we are, and then another 15-30 minutes of straight strokin'... anything less kind of sux, I HATE quickies!

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i go for 15 minutes at least ( no foreplay)
over 25 it starts to hurt the vagina.. :)

so 15-20 minutes is the best sex ever!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate short fucks... my optimum time range is about 5-15 minutes of foreplay depending on how hyped we are, and then another 15-30 minutes of straight strokin'... anything less kind of sux, I HATE quickies!
Me too! Your time plan sounds just about perfect for me though. :naughty:

Some couples prefer a quickie
Study of sex therapists reveals 3 to 13 minutes is optimal

By MEGAN K. SCOTT
Associated Press
Published on: 04/03/08
NEW YORK (AP) — Maybe men had it right all along: It doesn't take long to satisfy a woman in bed.

A survey of sex therapists concluded the optimal amount of time for sexual intercourse was 3 to 13 minutes. The findings, to be published in the May issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, strike at the notion that endurance is the key to a great sex life.

If that sounds like good news to you, don't cheer too loudly. The time does not count foreplay, and the therapists did rate sexual intercourse that lasts from 1 to 2 minutes as "too short."

Researcher Eric Corty said he hoped to ease the minds of those who believe that "more of something good is better, and if you really want to satisfy your partner, you should last forever."

The questions were not gender-specific, said Corty (who, it must be noted, is male). But he said prior research has shown that both men and women want foreplay and sexual intercourse to last longer.

Dr. Irwin Goldstein, editor of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, cited a four-week study of 1,500 couples in 2005 that found the median time for sexual intercourse was 7.3 minutes. (Women were armed with stopwatches.)

It's difficult for both older men and young men to make sexual intercourse last much longer, said Marianne Brandon, a clinical psychologist and director of Wellminds Wellbodies in Annapolis, Md.

"There are so many myths in our culture of what other people are doing sexually," Brandon said. "Most people's sex lives are not as exciting as other people think they are."

Fifty members of the Society for Sex Therapy and Research in the U.S. and Canada were surveyed by Corty, an associate professor of psychology at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, and student Jenay Guardiani. Thirty-four members, or 68 percent, responded, although some said the optimal time depended on the couple.

Corty said he hoped to give an idea of what therapists find to be normal and satisfactory among the couples they see.
"People who read this will say, 'I last five minutes or my partner lasts 8 minutes,' and say, 'That's OK,'" he said. "They will relax a little bit."

There is nothing a man could do to me in three minutes that I would find satisfying. :rolleyes: I neither need nor demand 4+ hour sex marathons. I have had and enjoyed marathon sex; but it's not a daily requirement. Ideally after at least 10-15 minutes of foreplay, I like sex to go for another 20-30 minutes. :wink:

kurikokku

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

hung, you're not from Corpus Christi by chance, are you? I happened to spot the same article a few days ago. :biggrin1: