It's Re-Run Time Son of Danforth Quayle to Run for Office in AZ.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuzzyKen, Aug 13, 2010.

1. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

The Son of former Vice President Danforth Quayle of Indiana has come out swinging and Dem bashing claiming the current sitting President to be the worst in history. In order to solve our Nation's problems "he" is going to run for office representing Arizona.

The story is just hitting the press this evening. I am not fond of the portrayal here because the article claims that he will be running on the "family name".

I don't know too much about "Junior", but he better really try to run hard on his own merits. AS V.P. under G.H.W.B. his Dad's performance was not a bell ringer of accomplishments.

What amazes me is that the way the press authored the article in very conservative Arizona, they really did not do this total political newcomer any favors.

Oh well, if Levi Johnston can run for same Mayoral seat that "launched" the career of his former "girlfriend's Mom", and have expectations of winning based on bad press and fathering two children out of wedlock, I guess we can expect anything these days!

Ideas on the 33 year old Quayle Jr.?

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    That's the pot calling the kettle beige.

3. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Sources? Can anyone ever take the time to offer up a source before launching into their tirade? You tell us the story is hitting the press and then give no links to any source. Not even do you give us the courtesy of saying what Ben Quayle is running for. Governor? Senator? Congress? Town Planner? No not a mention of what office or a mention of your media source like a newspaper name or television station.

After doing your work for you I learned Ben Quayle is running for Congress to fill the seat empty from John Shadegg. Quayle is not the first son to run for an elected office and no doubt won't be the last.
    Ben Quayle: Obama is "Worst President in History" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

www.newsmaxx.com

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Why thank you for doing the "work", Professor Tevye.
    Although I must admit, most people knew Quayle Jr. was running for Congress even before this thread was made. :rolleyes:

5. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Yes many among us did I felt it was a problem when FuzzyKen who didn't know failed to even provide some standard information like a newslink or what the person is seeking office as.

6. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Ah here we are from the Politics forum rules
    http://www.lpsg.org/185361-forum-rules.html

4) They should also (whenever possible) contain a link to the topic being discussed. Threads that are started which offer no content or very little room for discussion will be closed.

Links existed he should have placed at least 1 and I am not a Professor I am a cartographer.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

As if you or everyone here have followed the Forum rules to every last ASCII character. Let's not even try to win morality points on something as minuscule as this. FuzzyKen is one of the more respected contributors on this board who has created some of the most thought out responses in the Politics threads. Your little snippy tirade of him not providing a link to something that's pretty obvious is rather paltry.

Besides, do we need to go down the list of people who create threads and don't provide links? Everyone's guilty of this from time to time, so even if it's in the ToS it's obviously not a huge guideline that requires severe reprimand unless the person breaking the rule is notorious for doing so and FK is not. Again, Ben Quayle is very current news fodder. We are talking about the same politician who was under fire for taking an ad photo portraying him as a family man with two children that weren't actually his, right?

And no, I'm not even going to post a link to the story. Sue me. :rolleyes:

#7 B_VinylBoy, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  8. Tevye

Tevye New Member

I am not seeking reprimand for the person who began this thread I only seek that they provide as much information as they can. This was more the case in this instance since FuzzyKen claimed no prior knowledge to the subject of Ben Quayle seeking elected office. If he didn't know then maybe others didn't either and that VinylBoy is why a link would have proven of value and forgoing the link at least a statement of what office was being sought.

You are clearly a bitter lonely old man VinylBoy it is written in your words.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Me, bitter? Not at all. I just have a thing against people and their phony moralistic spitfires over the most trivial of issues. The tone you took in response to FuzzyKen not providing a link illustrates this. There's where you get the first bouts of bitterness and spite in this thread. As if the forum community was given a major disservice due to FK's actions of not providing a link on a rather well known topic in current politics? As if taking the time to look it up yourself to verify was just so difficult that you had to make mention about doing someone else's work? I suppose if he posted 1+1=2 and didn't provide a link you would have done the same?

Before you throw around descriptive adjectives to label someone you don't agree with, check your own actions first. If you put out the negativity, don't be surprised when it comes back to you. Now, can we get back to the subject matter at hand? I'm sure everyone knows who Ben Quayle is NOW so we can start having the discussion you've been aching to have.

10. houtx48

Gold Member

I think little Ben plays on out team. "Knock the hell out of Washington" indeed.

11. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh for Christ's sake guys, get off the OP's fucking case

12. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
  13. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The kid looks like a total tool. His TV ad made me LOL for realz

14. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    His father was a simpleton who could spell "potato" :eek:; he was obviously a tool of interests greater than his own. His mother was a shrill, bigoted harpy (you may not remember her speech at the '92 Republican convention, but I sure as fuck do). It was followed-up with Pat Buchanan's infamous Culture War speech: the entire convention was an exercise in revolting hate.

The degree to which the puppet pulls his own strings is largely irrelevant to this discussion; no progeny of Dan and Marilyn could possibly be considered anything but a puppet. The larger question is who in their right mind thought that resurrecting the Quayle brand was anything other than a profound error in judgement? IMO, it's whoever is bankrolling Mrs Palin, because those dumbasses have too much in common to pretend otherwise.

#14 Bbucko, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  15. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Thank you but no thank you. I had already found links and placed them after the opening poster didn't.

16. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Same here man. :biggrin:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree-
    "My name is Ben Quayle and I approve this message."

Well I hope so you nit. You just read it out loud. :rolleyes:

17. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I always thought Dan Quayle was a joke but when he blamed (in part) the LA riots on Murphy Brown I realized he did not have a brain in his head. His son does not seem to have much more going for him in my opinion.
    Dan Quayle vs. Murphy Brown - TIME

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Ahh. . . Pat Buchanan's infamous Culture War speech in 1992. I remember that speech well. As I recall it was even better in the original German.

Ben Quayle is a tea bag recruit with little to offer the masses except the same tripe Sister Sarah Palin has been using to dumb down and appease her supporters since going rouge.*

*Yes, I meant to spell rouge.

19. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    That made diet coke come out of my nose......

20. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's baaaaaack...
    His math skills remind me so much of his father's spelling skills.

Draft saved Draft deleted