It's September again...crap

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ruperty, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ruperty

ruperty Member

How's everyone's summer been? If you're in England like me then, on the whole, it's been pants.

Summer's over now (really...) and it's been announced that this August is officially the worst (weather-wise) on record with the lowest number of hours of sunshine and the fifth wettest on record. I did, however, manage to get some fantastic sunburn in the only weekend of sunshine, a month ago.

Also, we're in a recession (a fancy word business's use to put prices up) so everything costs an arm and a leg. Oh trains take over 4 hours to get to London from Manchester now because of engineering work, I'm getting fed up of that.

Right, there's plenty more but i'll stop moaning now.

On the up-side, Stoke got their first win in the Premiership. woop!

2. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    C'mon! We still have 3 more weeks of official summertime left in the Northern hemisphere.

And every season has its charm. September rocks. It's neither too hot nor too cold...

You should count your blessings. If climate scientists are right, London may be flooded before your grandkids are born...and there will be no rainfall at all to bitch about in many parts of the US.

3. Northland

Gold Member

Ah, September! The most beautiful of all months and of course all the most wonderful people in the world were born in September, myself included. What is not to like about this fabulous month? Cool autumnal breezes, rain falling in a gentle pitter patter, not too cold and not warm, humidity levels less vexing, school age brats returning to the confines of the classroom leaving the streets quiet, clean and friendly. Yes, September is the best month.

4. Northland

Gold Member

September-air conditioners are shut off and fans are as well. Windows are left open at night without worry of bugs flying in and chewing you up while you snooze. The acrid greasey smoke from barbecue grills ceases, and outdoor cafe tables have less customers sitting outside late into the evening chattering noisily as their cheap (quality) wine erodes their sensibilities.

5. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

September : It's the best between August and October kinda month in the entire world.

6. Northland

Gold Member

Yes it is.

7. quercusone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We may drop down to the mid 90's (35c) now that September is here. Only 6 more weeks of heat!! By October we'll be in the mid 80's (29c) and wearing long sleeves.

8. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

September tends to be our most uncomfortabe month here in Tenerife. The night time temperatures tend to be not much lower than those in the day time. Today was 32 and right now at almost midnight it's still 27. It's still a great month though.

Roll on November which is always the sunniest and most pleasant month here temperature wise. :biggrin1:

Speaking to all my pals in the UK recently I remember why I left there 3 years ago this month ;)

9. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gotta agree with all of what Northland said: September's the best month.

Draft saved Draft deleted