It's so easy a caveman could do it!

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anyone wonder if Geico has two different advertising companies doing their ads?

The Caveman vs the Gecko doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Why have two different campaigns? Personally, I'm all for the caveman. The last 7 or 8 gecko commercials have really been lacking in orignality and that accent on the gecko is like fingernails on a blackboard.

stfu. the gecko's COOL. I like the one where hes telling that other lizard about Ceico and he just sits there and licks his eyeball. lol

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Martin Agency has been doing all Geico ads since 1993.

P.S. Was anyone aware that Kelsey Grammer was the voice of the very first Geico gecko, in 1998?

Not really there, Peck, since he did such great snobbish voices as FRASIER, or as Sideshow Bob.

After they switched to more English accents, that's when it took off.

But my favorite has been the Squirrel Causing the Car wreck and then Hgihfiving the other one.:biggrin1:

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
top: just becuase i keep seeing this commercial. BTW, what is a doppleganger?

So, who is going to pay to see rocky VI? Sly Stallone has been a farce ever since Rocky I

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, who is going to pay to see rocky VI? Sly Stallone has been a farce ever since Rocky I
And just how in the hell do you base that conclusion/opinion there, BigA? :confused:Since the man is an accomplished screenwriter/actor/director/producer/ and bodybuilding supplement spokesperson, I'd really like to know that.

Plus, he has created memorable Characters like Rocky & Rambo that are now American Icons.
And the man is more multifaceted & intelligent than his Rocky character.
So tell me, elaborate, why,how and what? :rant: :confused:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the first one where the two cavemen are eating dinner and over hear the comment. THe facial expression when one of the cavemen tells the waiter that his appetite is gone is priceless....

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You tell him, Chuck!

Does anyone remember the Taster's Choice soap opera commercials from back in the day?

Has anyone ever seen this one? It got pulled pretty quickly, and for good reason! How did that one even get past the story board meeting? For that matter, how did the product itself get past feasability probes? As for the ad, I love the penultimate statement: Major pumping required. God bless the spokesman who was able to get it out without laughing.

And just how in the hell do you base that conclusion/opinion there, BigA? :confused:Since the man is an accomplished screenwriter/actor/director/producer/ and bodybuilding supplement spokesperson, I'd really like to know that.

Plus, he has created memorable Characters like Rocky & Rambo that are now American Icons.
And the man is more multifaceted & intelligent than his Rocky character.
So tell me, elaborate, why,how and what? :rant: :confused:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa"... lol. I like the first one. They haven't shown it in a long time. I had to look it up on youtube. The cavemen hear that slogan on tv and one stands up and says "Whats that supposed to mean? You hear that?" The other one is on his laptop and says "that is really condescending."

Another one I forgot about. They are filming a Geico commercial, and they say that slogan. One of the guys filming is a caveman. He throws down the boom mic and says "not cool", and storms off... hehe

Yeah I like that one in the airport too.

"Everywhere I go
there's always something to remind me
of another place in time"

lol that song is perfect. Theyre all funny
I quoted this post because the commercials that BigA mentioned are all my favorites as well.

While I do like Geico's caveman commercials, my absolute favorites from them are the "talking gecko" commercials. I'm a sucker for a cockney accent!!:biggrin:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
W: "I've got some good news."

Pelosi: "You mean we're getting out of Iraq?"

W: "No, I just save a lot of money by switching to GEICO."

Would like to see most of our current race do the easy stuff cavemen endured. So easy even a yap-faced beaureaucrat could talk his way out of it.

Oh wait, we got superior intellect right? We're all still running in circles regardless.

We here got bigger brains than others. Every other sucker is comparing their intelligence against suppressed animals.

Yet they still survive without aid in places we rarely can.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And just how in the hell do you base that conclusion/opinion there, BigA?

Just because imo the only good movie he's made is Rocky I. I haven't seen them all. i cud be wrong. it doesn't seem acting-wise, he is more multi-faceted than his Rocky character. i didn't mean to spark a debate. i don't know why i posted that. Rocky VI looks entertaining

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG was it the 80's? Seems like just yesterday.
Yes! I do remember, I loved those commercials!

You tell him, Chuck!

Does anyone remember the Taster's Choice soap opera commercials from back in the day?

Has anyone ever seen this one? It got pulled pretty quickly, and for good reason! How did that one even get past the story board meeting? For that matter, how did the product itself get past feasability probes? As for the ad, I love the penultimate statement: Major pumping required. God bless the spokesman who was able to get it out without laughing.