It's Still Bush's Fault

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ummmmm... no comment.
Seriously, that's just too damn easy to discredit. But it's obvious that using facts and figures can't change a person's mind when it's inhabited with such staunch, partisan belief.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same could be said about your side of the fence.
Face it, we're not going to change each other's minds. It's fun going back and forth though.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Same could be said about your side of the fence.
Face it, we're not going to change each other's minds. It's fun going back and forth though.

Actually, I'm not on a side. The political battle between the Bloods and the Crips is a tired one, and despite my beliefs (which do lean left) I try to be more objective when discussing an issue instead of rabidly holding up those foam fingers representing my favorite team from behind a computer screen while typing a bunch of half truths and distortions. I would much rather enjoy an exchange with people who have the ability to do the same and articulate their opinions appropriately. Ones with historical & statistical backing. Not with those who swear a blind alliance to a (D) or an (R) (or any of their ideological spinoffs) like it's some street brawl between two rival gangs, spouting pages of pure faith based, character judging, ideological banter.

The fact that you're willing to admit that nobody has the ability to change their mind is proof positive that government is nothing more than a reflection of our own selves. But whatever... anymore labels and preconceived judgements to bestow? Trust me, I've been called everything around here so just go ahead and get it out of your system.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Bahahaha, GW may be remembered for his inability to clearly convey his thoughts, for being a terrible orator maybe. But GW will be remembered as a patriot, a true American, and a strong leader.

Conservatives live in some nether world where up is down and right is left. Where abstinence-only education works, evolution never happened, global warming is a hoax, tax cuts equal balanced budgets, war is peace, the list is endless. George W. Bush and his Republican enablers in Congress drove the country off the cliff and he's a great president.

61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

D

deleted15807

poor, poor George.....tsk, tsk....
It's all possible in Bushworld
In Bushworld, you don't consult your father, the expert in being president during a war with Iraq, but you do talk to your Higher Father, who can't talk back to warn you to get an exit strategy or chide you for using Him for political purposes.

In Bushworld, it's O.K. to run for re-election as the avenger of 9/11, even as you make secret deals with the Arab kingdom where most of the 9/11 hijackers came from.

In Bushworld, you get to strut around like a tough military guy and paint your rival as a chicken hawk, even though he's the one who won medals in combat and was praised by his superior officers for fulfilling all his obligations.

In Bushworld, it makes sense to press for transparency in Mr. and Mrs. Rival while cultivating your own opacity.

In Bushworld, you can reign as the antiterror president even after hearing an intelligence report about Al Qaeda's plans to attack America and then stepping outside to clear brush.

In Bushworld, those who dissemble about the troops and money it will take to get Iraq on its feet are patriots, while those who are honest are patronizingly marginalized.

In Bushworld, they struggle to keep church and state separate in Iraq, even as they increasingly merge the two in America.

In Bushworld, you can claim to be the environmental president on Earth Day while being the industry president every other day.

Maureen Dowd

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bahahaha, GW may be remembered for his inability to clearly convey his thoughts, for being a terrible orator maybe. But GW will be remembered as a patriot, a true American, and a strong leader. Barack Hussein Obama will go down as the largest failure of commander in chief in history thus far, with jimmy Carter running a close second.

You must be touched to think that the democrats are not responsible for the current economical situation we are in.

OOOOOOPS??? Let's see -- WHO started the war in Afghanistan because..."We're gonna go after these people who knocked down these buildings!" [cheers for GW] Which President actually pursued and killed Osama Bin Laden????? I'm afraid THAT little fact WILL make it into the history books!

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You must have listened to his speech about him PERSONALLY going and flying in the helicopters, PERSONALLY rappelling on to the roof, PERSONALLY breaching the door, and PERSONALLY shooting twice in the head, then defecating on the corpse of Osama. I've never heard more of a self centered twit in my life.

Oh, and we got him because Obama decided to continue the "failed policies of the past", when he instead campaigned on getting out of the ME if he was elected.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But this is one of the fundamental problems with this debate. Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid need to be reformed. But every time someone brings this up, the "grandma has to eat dog food" argument starts...

Would you please explain to me just WHY Medicare was started?? I work with the elderly (Independent living). I asked them point blank: I want you to think about the total cost of your medical bills over the last 10 years (our average age is 87)! If you personally had to pay what Medicare covered, what kind of financial shape would you be in?? They laughed! (and brother --- THESE are people who currently pay $1,800 per month for a 1 bedroom apartment -- all other expenses {food, housekeeping, utilities except phone & cable included} Medicare has allowed them to live a more comfortable old age!! AND........when I asked them if they were given a voucher for $15,000 to purchase private insurance instead of Medicare one woman responded: "What insurance Company is going to cover an 80 year old with pre-existing heart problems -- especially at that premium? What's the guarantee that they cannot "drop" our coverage??" You bet your ass we bring up about grandma eating dog food, because that's EXACTLY what was happening! Compassionate? "I have --- you don't --- tough shit!"

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You must have listened to his speech about him PERSONALLY going and flying in the helicopters, PERSONALLY rappelling on to the roof, PERSONALLY breaching the door, and PERSONALLY shooting twice in the head, then defecating on the corpse of Osama. I've never heard more of a self centered twit in my life.

Oh, and we got him because Obama decided to continue the "failed policies of the past", when he instead campaigned on getting out of the ME if he was elected.

Would you please pose the link for THIS speech??

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OOOOOOPS??? Let's see -- WHO started the war in Afghanistan because..."We're gonna go after these people who knocked down these buildings!" [cheers for GW] Which President actually pursued and killed Osama Bin Laden????? I'm afraid THAT little fact WILL make it into the history books!

You know the ol lpsg standby "pics or it didn't happen?"

Yup.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally Posted by Mensch1351

You know the ol lpsg standby "pics or it didn't happen?"

Yup.

You don't need pics for this one. If you do, then you either weren't alive over the last decade, have your historical facts terribly misconstrued or you're being purposely disingenuous in an attempt to incite more Hatfield vs. McCoy bickering among the political masses.

Time to walk out of this thread while I still have my sanity.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
By the time some of these people are finished re-writing history Taft will have been our skinniest President and Abraham Lincoln will lose 4 inches off his height! These are the people who wouldn't believe in environmental safety even if they were gasping for clean air and drinking putrid water!

D

deleted15807

As the amnesia stricken conservatives on this board try again to shift the blame:

Roubini: Bush Responsible for Economic Woes

In a clip from his interview with WSJ's Simon Constable, Dr. Nouriel Roubini insists that it was the policies of George W. Bush that caused the current U.S. economic crisis.