It's time for single Payer.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
^The funny part is how you keep denying that the system you propose is government backed too.

you are VB aren't you?

What part are you talking about? The part were I said Medicare-Medicaid-VA have their place? That 30% of those with pre-existing should be defaulted into Medicaid? That the FDIC might back HSA deposits? That poor people would likely get HSA stipends for primary care?

You're broken dude. It's like you could hear if you listened.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol... Yes genius, I'm 'broken'... and you're hilariously myopic.

So what happens when someone doesn't have any money in their HSA account (or anywhere else), but they make too much to be on Medicaid or qualify for a government subsidy?

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
lol... Yes genius, I'm 'broken'... and you're hilariously myopic.

So what happens when someone doesn't have any money in their HSA account (or anywhere else), but they make too much to be on Medicaid or qualify for a government subsidy?

Well, those people come and hit you up to pass some of your funds in your HSA TTPAG (<-what gives with that) because you're generous like that and put it tax free into theirs. You may even be family. If they make too much for Medicaid it probably means they pay taxes which means they have an income which means they can put money into the HSA tax free off the top. Their employer is also likely contributing. Maybe their fellow employees might help out. Their doctors might even do some amount of charity work.

You are making a distinction between primary care and catastrophic care, right?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^wow, you already fell off the rails... People will have to count on charity if they don't have enough to pay out of pocket? People can't even go to the emergency room anymore and get treated no matter what?

Hmm, that's even worse than now... Yeah, that isn't going to pass political muster, no way, no how... Next.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . How about the fact that health care in Canada and Europe are subsidized by Americans. You do realize that Swiss drug makers have their prices fixed at home and have to make their profits selling to America? . . . .
hmmm . . . . maybe this wouldn't happen if Americans weren't being gouged for the price of drugs?

Or do you like the idea of being exploited by pharmaceutical companies for profit?

Last edited:

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
^wow, you already fell off the rails... People will have to count on charity if they don't have enough to pay out of pocket? People can't even go to the emergency room anymore and get treated no matter what?

Hmm, that's even worse now... Yeah, that isn't going to pass political muster, no way, no how... Next.

Your scenario was bullshit. The person was in a hypothetical limbo for primary care and so I gave hypothetical answers.

There are people waiting for and dying waiting for treatment in Canada and elsewhere. Shopping brings prices down. You'll be able to afford more and not need as much money. The idea that you "started" in finance makes it clear why you are no longer in finance.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your scenario was bullshit. The person was in a hypothetical limbo for primary care and so I gave hypothetical answers.
WTF is wrong with you dude? Quit being an asshole.

My scenario absolutely was not bullshit. How are people covered in your scenario when they are out of money, but they don't qualify for any government program? Furthermore, in your scenario, are people still able to go to the emergency room and be treated no matter what, and if so, who pays the bill? And if it's the patient, how is that payment forcibly compelled to actually be made?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are people waiting for and dying waiting for treatment in Canada and elsewhere. Shopping brings prices down. You'll be able to afford more and not need as much money. The idea that you "started" in finance makes it clear why you are no longer in finance.

^ Yes, let's all go shopping! It's the American way. Why it's our patriotic duty!
I know that when I've broken a bone or been been disabled from a serious car wreck, the first thing I was interested in doing was to go 'shopping' for my necessary medical treatment (which I had instantly diagnosed myself, even though I'm not a doctor)...

No thanks Spiker. You fell off the rails again... I, like the vast majority of Americans, prefer what every single other industrialized nation on Earth has provided for itself. I want the ability to get my health taken care of, and then go back to work with no crippling debt.

Your solution doesn't come even remotely close to providing such conditions. Thanks for playing, try again.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Your problem PA, is that you live in the real world.

Now if we could all just move to that rarified cul de sac with Spiker, we wouldn't have these pesky mundane problems.

Ah, life could be so simple and magical there.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How about the fact that health care in Canada...... are subsidized by Americans.
QUOTE]
I watched this thread with some amusement and would not consider entering what amounts to a family squabble until the above comment.
Sorry pal, but the only people subsidizing health care in Canada are other Canadians. If you feel that foreign drug makers are making excess profits from Americans, maybe you should push your government to force lower prices. Most drug research is done outside the US now anyhow.

Last edited:

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are people waiting for and dying waiting for treatment in Canada....

Same disclaimer as above, but....wow. You must really love your Fox News. A multimillionaire politician decides to go to the US, in effect jumping the queue so he won't have to wait his turn with the peons, and your right wing says "aha, look, we told you so, people are dying all over in Canada from poor health care." Neither I nor anyone I know here has ever had anything other than timely care; I recently had to wait about 3 weeks for an elective procedure. Would have been less but I couldn't make arrangements at work. My mother was treated for stage III endometrial cancer in 2008; the only delay we encountered was due to her insistence that she be treated locally (which wasn't really an option, as it was a rather rare from of the disease) instead of the regional hospital's cancer centre. Once that was dealt with, things proceeded very quickly and efficiently. I'm sure that people do fall between the cracks now and then; no system is perfect and people do screw up, but some of your media make it sound like this huge problem the poor Canadians have. It's just not so.

Most people in Canada couldn't care less what you do with your health care "system" in the US and are amused at the goings on, if puzzled why you're now having the debate we had 50 years ago. But it would be nice if you'd stop pointing fingers at us or at least bother to get your facts straight. Anyone can pull propaganda off the internet or quote articles out of context.

OK, my 2 cents. Back at 'er, boys.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Alas, you know some of us better than they know themselves. The tragedy is that a very vocal, very ignorant, very reactionary right-wing minority has managed to control the 'debate', drowning out all reasonable voices and any intelligent discussion. Such is the deplorable state of American politics.

The sad irony is that they are unwitting corporate tools, shooting themselves in the foot along with the rest of us. Meanwhile the HMO's, Insurance and Pharmaceutical companies make money hand over fist, the citizens and the country go broke, and tens of thousands suffer and die needlessly. But hey, they know better than anybody else, cause they're myopic arrogant Americans, and nobody can tell them any different. Sheeesh. Ignorant fucking pricks!

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems like PROFIT is a dirty word.

Strawman plus changing the subject!

What a bunch of BS.
Profit was brought up in the first post in this thread.
Remember?

-to stop treating the "health and well being" of the citizens of the United States as a commodity on which to make a PROFIT

Or maybe you just read the posts of those you disagree with so you can make idiotic comments.

I don't know or care what the red level is on other health care systems.

Thank you for admitting your ignorance and how facts are irrelevant to your arguments.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pitifulnamecallingbull said:
Thank you for admitting your ignorance and how facts are irrelevant to your arguments.

Wait... so you do know the answer? Then by all means. Prove your intelligence by listing which health care systems are currently in the red. You know, since you're supposed to know everything... :rolleyes: