It's too soon for America to have a black President.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As an Englishman, I think it would be better if Clinton wins.

Purely because your history tells me that either the White Supremacists or some other looney will assasinate Obama if he ever gets close to becoming President.

None of them lights my fire (including the Republican candidate).

But on a survival into and through Office without being assasinated for being WHAT they are as opposed to WHO they are, I'd say:

John McCain - Safe.

Hillary: - Pretty safe.

Obama: - Dig a bunker beneath your house and STAY THERE.

You guys are mostly, pretty much, nuts.

Killing Presidents &/or candidates is almost a sporting pastime in the US.

Go Hillary (for Obama's sake).

I'm emigrating to somewhere - anywhere, whoever of them gets in.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes because we've not made any progress in racial tolerance whatsoever since Martin Luther King. Nor has Presidential security been heavily reinforced since John F. Kennedy.

Don't be mean to me. I'm being genuine.

You have of course made huge leaps in the racial tollerance stakes. America has led the modern world in that. Your security is probably second to none too, except for that in place in more totalitarian countries.

I'm genuinely concerned, though, for Obama.

And I genuinely believe it's too soon for him to survive as a Presidential Candidate.

No offence intended to Americans as an entity, just that I believe a black will lead France/England/Germany etc., before a black will live to lead America.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The thought of Obama being killed is still a real-enough thought to have gone through my head as possibility in the past few months. This race is already destined for the history books but let's hope it's not in infamy.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's not stupid at all. It's a rather bleakly frank snapshot of the world view of Americana. Is he at fault because that's the message we as a country and a people send? In truth, the real reason why Obama (or no Black man for that matter) can win the presidency is all too evident (to most honest enough to admit to it).

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it's very possible that he may be a target, there are far too many inbred rednecks in this country but if bush can travel back and forth to iraq unscathed im sure they can keep obama safe

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As an Englishman, I think it would be better if Clinton wins.

Purely because your history tells me that either the White Supremacists or some other looney will assasinate Obama if he ever gets close to becoming President.

None of them lights my fire (including the Republican candidate).

But on a survival into and through Office without being assasinated for being WHAT they are as opposed to WHO they are, I'd say:

John McCain - Safe.

Hillary: - Pretty safe.

Obama: - Dig a bunker beneath your house and STAY THERE.

You guys are mostly, pretty much, nuts.

Killing Presidents &/or candidates is almost a sporting pastime in the US.

Go Hillary (for Obama's sake).

I'm emigrating to somewhere - anywhere, whoever of them gets in.
You speak of a country you know nothing about. We will have a black president and he will be safe.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i hope that in my lifetime, i will live to see a black president and/or a female president.

sure there's still a lot of racism and sexism going on in the US. i'm not going to deny that. however, i truly believe we, as a country, can and will break down the barriers that have held us back instead of move us foward.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it'd be nice if he won just to say i had a black president in my time (if anyone woulda said that a year ago i'd have slapped them with a biscuit) but honestly i think obama's wife would make a better leader, she's far bolder than he is. as torn apart as this country is right now we need a lion not a mouse, though he's welcome in my bed anytime

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Political leaders in America are usually killed by the Industrial Military power structure, which is deeply entrenched in the conservative power structure.

Obama has two chances of survival the way I see it.

1). The democrats keep control of the House through all four years of his term. Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house will be the third in line to the presidency. Having Nancy Pelosi as the president of the United States would make the conservative power structure of this country shit in their pants. No CIA agent would allow Nancy Pelosi to move closer to the White House by participating in a coup-like assassination.

2). Pick a Vice President that is as progressive as he is, somebody that the Industrial Military power structure would NOT rather have as president to do their bidding.

I highly doubt that they would assassinate the President, Vice president and the Speaker of the House.

This is his insurance

If he picked Hillary as his VP, he would most certainly be killed to put Hillary in power because she is a friend to the Industrial Military Complex.

The Industrial Military Complex is now power drunk and wants more blood like a hungry vampire...

The invasion of Iran is next on the agenda, Barack will NOT invade Iran and that is what will get him killed.

One senator vehemently opposed the Industrial Military Complex prior to the Iraq invasion. He was eliminated from the opposition when his private plane went down killing him, his wife and one of his three children exactly THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE INVASION and exactly two weeks after the vote to authorize force was passed by the senate.

23 senators voted against the resolution... Wellstone was the biggest most vocal member of the opposition to the bill and he was made an example of...

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
i'm surprised nobody's tried to assassinate bush over here yet

This is because that clown Dick Cheney would become president.

Recall George Bush senior? His Vp was the Congressional tard Dan Quayle. Everyone said it was assassination insurance.

Amazing, though, how much Dan Quayle is exactly like the current president. Maybe Daddy liked him because he reminded him of George Jr?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
As an American of African descent, let me assure you that you are sensitive and astute to pick up a latent fear that many (OLDER) African-Americans have with Obama's candidacy. The American media didn't pick this up as much, but before Obama won Iowa and other "interior" states, several Blacks hesitated to support him because of that latent fear that he may be assassinated. Fortunately, the Secret Service assigned protection to Obama early on, and as Obama's candidacy seems more viable.

There is only flaw in your belief is that your criticism of American cultural prejudice. Although supported by historical examples, you are omitting COURAGE from the equation! No progress would ever have been made, especially in the 20th century, if certain key individuals such as MLK or Ghandi had not had the courage to rise above cultural oppression and personal danger. Benazir Bhutto's assasination in Pakistand (while somewhat preventable), is a more recent example of a political figure having courage to lead despite the dangers.

I would ask you, should America (or any country), deserve a leader who, on some level, is not prepared to die. As a political leader, the threat of assasination comes with the territory. You should appreciate this as a British citizen: Queen Victoria carried a personal firearm to protect herself from the anarchist movements that tried to assassinate several European leaders in the 1870s and 1890s...

Don't be mean to me. I'm being genuine.

You have of course made huge leaps in the racial tollerance stakes. America has led the modern world in that. Your security is probably second to none too, except for that in place in more totalitarian countries.

I'm genuinely concerned, though, for Obama.

And I genuinely believe it's too soon for him to survive as a Presidential Candidate.

No offence intended to Americans as an entity, just that I believe a black will lead France/England/Germany etc., before a black will live to lead America.