It's warmer in Canada than in Florida.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In south Florida it's 43 F. In Vancouver, BC it's 50 F.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's -2F (with windchill) where I'm from and we're quite warm relative to the rest of Canada.

-25 degrees celsius with the windchill where I am today. I'm not even going outside today! It's a good day to hibernate!!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe Miami should be hosting the Winter Olympics.
:rofl: :lmao:

Current temperature in the Atlanta metro area is 31 degrees fahrenheit. We were expecting a high of only 25F, so I guess that's a good thing. :cool: Tonight a low of 13F is expected. :eek:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Freezing winters in Florida are not that unusual. I remember it snowed in Vero Beach the day Jimmy Carter was inaugurated.

The groves use to regularly burn the smudge pots to keep the citrus blossoms from freezing. They spray water on the fruit at night because water freezes at 32 degrees and stays there. The ice insulates the fruit from temps dropping further than that and actually freezing the fruit.

And 10c / 50F degrees in Vancouver in January is very normal. In fact more normal than sub-zero temps. The coast is warmed by the Japanese ocean current and the winters are quite mild. 100 miles inland is another story.

Media
Freezing winters in Florida are not that unusual. I remember it snowed in Vero Beach the day Jimmy Carter was inaugurated.

The groves use to regularly burn the smudge pots to keep the citrus blossoms from freezing. They spray water on the fruit at night because water freezes at 32 degrees and stays there. The ice insulates the fruit from temps dropping further than that and actually freezing the fruit.

And 10c / 50F degrees in Vancouver in January is very normal. In fact more normal than sub-zero temps. The coast is warmed by the Japanese ocean current and the winters are quite mild. 100 miles inland is another story.

Love it when you talk weather Vince. It's very arousing. :redface:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And 10c / 50F degrees in Vancouver in January is very normal. In fact more normal than sub-zero temps. The coast is warmed by the Japanese ocean current and the winters are quite mild. 100 miles inland is another story.[/QUOTE] When I lived in New Jersey the weathermen always referred to this weather as being caused by an Alberta Clipper.

An Alberta clipper (also known as a Canadian Clipper) is a fast moving low pressure area which generally affects the central provinces of Canada and parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions of the United States.[1] Most clippers occur between December and February, but can also occur occasionally in the month of November. Alberta clippers take their name from Alberta, Canada, the province from which they appear to descend, and from clipper ships of the 19th century, one of the fastest ships of that time.[2]
Love it when you talk weather Vince. It's very arousing. :redface:
He was talking? Sorry I was too busy looking at his abs in the avatar. :wink:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pay attention or you're gonna flunk the pop quiz at the end of this thread.[/QUOTE] What's that? I'm allowed to pop you in the end. COOL! :cool: :wink:

It's F'g freezing here!! I need to go to the store, but it's so cold I really don't want to leave the house. :frown1: I'm thinking of either ordering in a pizza or having the leftover hors d'ouerves we didn't eat on New Years Eve. Wonder how the folks will feel about piggies-in-a-blanket, cheese puffs, and potato skins for dinner? :tongue:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's too cold for a stole. If I do go to Walmart I'm wearing a full length fur. It's too cold for the fur car coat; and the mink vest looks silly under a mink coat.

Tell me about it. The boiler in the building died last night and I've been sitting around all day in Willtom's favorite fur coat of mine. Please tell me the food from New Year's eve was in the freezer, otherwise order a pizza!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tell me about it. The boiler in the building died last night and I've been sitting around all day in Willtom's favorite fur coat of mine. Please tell me the food from New Year's eve was in the freezer, otherwise order a pizza!
I ordered in pizza and an antipasto salad. It was tasty & filling but nothing like NYC pizza. The heat is set to 82, damn cathedral ceilings suck all the heat up.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This thread should be more appropriately named "It's warmer in BC than in Florida" because it's FUCKING FREEZING in the rest of Canada.
I tried to explain that to these Americans but they wouldn't (couldn't) listen. They got all hot and bothered and now NJ thinks it's 82 degrees and she's covering her nekkidness in mink, eating pizza and contemplating global climate change. Or something.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It's too cold for a stole. If I do go to Walmart I'm wearing a full length fur. It's too cold for the fur car coat; and the mink vest looks silly under a mink coat.

The question is if you have the matching mink hat?

The full length furs were out in full force today at church.