It's warmer in Canada than in Florida.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Freezing winters in Florida are not that unusual. I remember it snowed in Vero Beach the day Jimmy Carter was inaugurated.

Awww. I love the thought of baby Vince. Although I find it difficult to believe you remember anything from when you were two.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awww. I love the thought of baby Vince. Although I find it difficult to believe you remember anything from when you were two.

I got my hair highlighted at the Jon Peters Salon in Beverly Hills the day Carter was elected. I remember it well. I think I was also two years old at the time!:redface:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried to explain that to these Americans but they wouldn't (couldn't) listen. They got all hot and bothered and now NJ thinks it's 82 degrees and she's covering her nekkidness in mink, eating pizza and contemplating global climate change. Or something.
Oh Vince, you know I would never bother myself with something as complicated as climate change. :rolleyes: That might cause wrinkles. :wink:

The question is if you have the matching mink hat?
The full length furs were out in full force today at church.
I did have a headband and muff but no hat.

I got my hair highlighted at the Jon Peters Salon in Beverly Hills the day Carter was elected. I remember it well. I think I was also two years old at the time!:redface:
:confused: How is it you are now 10 years younger than me? :eek: :rolleyes:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
36 degrees here in Fort Lauderdale last night, supposed to go down to 35 tonight. With wind chill they're calling it 25. Never thought I'd get to use the car's heated steering wheel feature (maintains 22°C), but there ya go.

This is so wrong. The only upside is I've been schlepping top quality winter wear with me each time I move (DC -> NYC -> Chicago -> SF -> So FLA). I'm ready for a lot more than Florida can throw at me. However, I'd rather have beach weather.

Apparently iguanas go catatonic when temps fall into the 40's and they lose their grip. All week they've been falling out of the trees like coconuts. And judging from how empty the stores are (I swear there were 10 people in Home Depot last night), iguanas aren't the only thing down here that can't deal with the cold.

Just had friends visiting from Vancouver and they were very understanding about the weather. I'm going back to San Francisco this week to warm up.

Attachments

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
36 degrees here in Fort Lauderdale last night, supposed to go down to 35 tonight. With wind chill they're calling it 25. Never thought I'd get to use the car's heated steering wheel feature (maintains 22°C), but there ya go.

This is so wrong. The only upside is I've been schlepping top quality winter wear with me each time I move (DC -> NYC -> Chicago -> SF -> So FLA). I'm ready for a lot more than Florida can throw at me. However, I'd rather have beach weather.

Apparently iguanas go catatonic when temps fall into the 40's and they lose their grip. All week they've been falling out of the trees like coconuts.
I'd heard about this on the news but not seen the pictures. I'm sorry if the poor guy is hurt but DAMN! That IS Funny! He looks stoned, like an extra from a Cheech & Chong movie. :tongue:

And judging from how empty the stores are (I swear there were 10 people in Home Depot last night), iguanas aren't the only thing down here that can't deal with the cold.
Who you telling? :rolleyes: Atlanta, GA has 9 salt/sand trucks and ALL of them were in the shop for repair when the snow started last Thursday. They had 5 days notice!! What moron puts an entire fleet of anything in the shop at the same time for service?!? :confused: :eek: :mad:

School Closings
Carroll County Schools - Delayed 2 hours for students, Staff Report 9AM Central Christian Academy/Carrollton - Closed Tuesday
Dawson County Schools - Closed Tuesday, Staff Report
Fannin County Schools - Closed Tuesday
Gilmer County Schools - Closed Tuesday
Imagine Wesley International Academy - Closed Tuesday
Lumpkin County Schools - Closed Tuesday 12 month Staff Report
Pickens County Schools - Closed Tuesday
Union County Schools - Closed Tuesday

The amount of ice still on the road is criminal. :irked: Body shops are raking in the money, because Georgians don't know to slow down on ice; but not jam the brakes. :rolleyes:

I lived in north central Massachusetts for 4 years and central New Jersey for over 35 years. I know how to handle winter. Even the winter coats they sell in the south are chintzy. How the hell does Walmart sell a down jacket for $12 when L.L. Bean can't even make one for less than $50. :confused: It's not like the name brands are stuffed with eiderdown. :261: BUT the name brands are built to last and do keep you warmer. I think what Walmart calls down is really chicken feathers. :lmao:

Last edited: