It's wierd how you discovered when most of these young actors die so young...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by elegant20, Mar 14, 2010.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

I guess I have a much weirder response upon hearing the deaths of those that died too young: Heath Ledger, Corey Haim, River Phoenix, Brad Renfro, etc. It is weird as to how you see on the web or hear it on the news, but my gut always felt it wanted to cry out. But I somehow says to me, "Such a waste. At least, they are somehow at peace, but still..they are no longer in pain" Yes, a lot of these people would say, "Doesn't bother me", "It's their fault", "etc, etc..." While I bless myself for being healthy and not doing any drugs, I always felt pity to them. It was the same when John Candy died as to being obese....I was shocked, but not surprised. It was weird as to how you respond to these things. While they are other things besides celebrities and yes, I know that is very true, it somehow could strike a core in your stomach and shake your head sadly. However, there were no tears when I heard many of these young celeb deaths. It always happens when my throat is dry and it hits me in the gut, knowing what a sad waste it was for that person. But in the end, they are at peace.

2. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

yeah that is weird

3. elegant20

Gold Member

I knew it would be. It just how respond to these things.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, the deepest consideration I have thought about death and dying. I like to imagine all of the people that have died before us all. I like to imagine these people's lives...dreams...disappointments...struggles...childhood...whatever life experiences.

Someone had a life. Went through it. And died. Did they have regrets? Did they have unfinished, unresolved business?

5. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Yup.

Yup.

6. elegant20

Gold Member

That true, invisibleman. A good example would be Richard Cromwell. He was an average actor from the 30s and 40s. Had the pretty boy looks, but was not much of a persona like Cary Grant or Clark Gable. In order to savage his failed career as an actor, he married a minor(Angela Lansberry), but the marriage was a failure and his career never took off.

7. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah.

Apart from the subject matter, I can apply that to my own life. I was born into a really interesting family where my mom never talked about her family in a genealogical sense.
    I don't know anything other than the racial makeup of my family. I don't know anything special about my family...I don't know any of their dreams...their hobbies...their disappointments...nothing.

But many have died in my family. It is sad that I don't know what made them happy...or if they hated the fact that they were living in a weird family dynamic. All I know is that they lived...and died.

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I always find the death of someone young to be shocking and unfortunate; if drugs were involved I don't think I've experienced the same level of sadness than with others who were fighting to stay alive to beat cancer or the like. The true sadness for me is that one individual wanted to live and the other on some level or another wanted to die.

9. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

the dead call to us as you are now so once were we

Draft saved Draft deleted