iTunes question

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure there are tons of people that use iTunes here. And I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that if I purchase content from iTunes, I should be free to listen, watch, or store it on whatever medium I so choose. My question is, does anyone know of any legit software out there that can strip Apple's DRM protection from my purchased content? It doesn't have to be "legal," I just want it to do the job. Say I have a movie I've bought on iTunes, and want to put it on a DVD and watch it on my DVD player. Is this possible? Has anyone found working software that will remove their bullshit copyright protection? I don't need it for pirating, I just simply want to watch it places other than my personal computers.

Basically, it seems Apple wants us to purchase AppleTV in order to achieve this, but I say fuck that. They're basically punishing their customers rather than inhibiting pirating, surely there's a way around it by now

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Last edited:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks everyone, I probably should have mentioned I'm needing this for Windows 7. I know how to convert video files, but I can't figure out how to remove the DRM. I guess if this is how Apple wants to play the game, I can just start pirating from torrents again. It seems that's what they're encouraging us to do anyways...

I've tried a few free trials, one from Aimersoft and another from Daniusoft, both seemed to have removed the DRM but the file conversion was incredibly glitchy and the audio wouldn't sync with the video. I'm a little skeptical on buying a product unless they offer a working free trial first. If anyone ever finds anything, post it here

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're downloading videos from iTunes, may I suggest just switching to torrents?