IUD and above average man

HelloTitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hello ladies, Im new here, and thought you could help me with this.
My bf is above average, about 8 or 7 and a half inches, and pretty thick, more so towards the head. When we have sex, in certain positions, he hits my cervix, and a few times, this has hurt pretty bad.
I need to go on BC, and this is the only option, I cannot have hormones from pills, or patches.

My question is, do any of you have IUDs, and does it make sex more painful if the man is big?

Thank you for any help. :)

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is interesting.

I "dated" a woman with an IUD and she never said that my cock hurt her although we never had sex for very long. Ten minutes would be a long time. And not because I have a premature ejac. problem either (I don't)...so maybe it was a bit painful for her.

Also it might be my imagination but sometimes when I pushed all the way in I thought I could feel a piece of string or something going into my urethra. Gave me a slight burning sensation.

Lastly I would say that if he's touching your cervix then either:

You have a small vaginal canal
You are not turned on enough.

Could be either/or or both but in my personal experience most girls can take quite a lot when sufficiently aroused. Maybe you could ask your boyfriend not to go all the way in and to do shallow strokes until you get turned on enough.

Fast shallow strokes are usually quite effective. Then every once in a while he should push all the way in.

D_Augustus_Widebottom

Account Disabled
Media
I've had an IUD.. And had to get it removed, it hurt like hell!!!

The doctor told me it shouldn't hurt, but after my exam she told me it was best to remove it, because i had little bleedings where the IUD hit my uterus!

But last and not least, make this choice together with your doctor, they know what's best for YOUR body! And every body is different!

Good luck!

HelloTitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hear the string can bother the man, and thats the last thing I wanna do, poke him with something while hes in me, haha...

It doesnt happen all the time, I would say its happened maybe... 2 times. And it was only when we changed the position really fast, and he thrust in while I was on my side.

I have thought I wasnt as long as I should be, but he goes in all the way other times, because those times, I was very turned on, no prob there. :)

He says hes always surprised by how much/hard he can go, and not hurt me, so I really am hoping the IUD doesnt change this.

Thank you for your answer, Incocknito. :D

I've had an IUD.. And had to get it removed, it hurt like hell!!!

The doctor told me it shouldn't hurt, but after my exam she told me it was best to remove it, because i had little bleedings where the IUD hit my uterus!

But last and not least, make this choice together with your doctor, they know what's best for YOUR body! And every body is different!

Good luck!

I am going to ask my doctor all I can, but until then, if I can ask ladies who speak from knowing, other than a doctor, who might not, Im gonna, lol
Call it research, haha!
Bleeding from it hitting the uterus sounds awful though, and I really am just trying to learn all I can, because it is going to be 700 bucks, not sure how much after my insurance helps.
But either way, it gonna be a pretty penny.
Thank you for your answer!

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm well 700 bucks does seem like a lot for what it is. I'm not sure but I think its a lot less or even free for people in the UK (not sure though since I've never asked).

My ex did say that the IDU hurt a lot when it was first going in and it has to be removed every 3-4 years.

Of course I think that an IUD is preferable to taking extra hormones which can really mess with your body and moods / sexual appetite.

Would probably be best to see your doctor though as maybe there are other methods you could try. Also you could ask them whether an above average penis would have problems with an IUD.

Then you could post the reply here because I'm actually curious what the answer is.

missphatbooty

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have one and the strings have bothered my ex partner a few times, it was just the positioning, i think once a string, which is like wire LOL, rubbed him and he freaked out. all we had to do was just change positions and it was sorted. also me being on top led to him hitting it and it hurting me. the small mishaps with the IUD were better than the alternative of having an unplanned pregnancy.
he didnt want to use condoms and i cant take the pill, so if its not an IUD, the next step would have been him getting snipped.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I had an IUD put in after my daughter was born. After 18 months I couldn't stand it any longer. My ex-husband was quite lengthy and no matter how aroused I was, if he put just a little pressure on my cervix, it hurt like hell. Maybe it doesn't retract so much with an IUD sitting in there.

Btw, it's been 5 years since I was near his tool so don't remember too well; I'd guess 9"-10" though.

Another thing I found after the IUD was that I did not get pregnant even with a couple years of the pull-and-pray method with occasional slip-ups. Nothing too odd about that except that I was always a fertile Myrtle. I could get sneezed on and knocked up. Other IUD users I have talked to have all had the same issues- pain when the cervix gets bumped and difficulty getting pregnant again afterwards. I would not recommend them.

NoFear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
7 1/2 X 6 here .. wife has IUD .. it hurt her like hell for the first day they put it in (we did not have sex, the insertion itself hurt), since then there have been no issues we would recommend it.

DeeDee36dd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had an IUD years ago. My husband would complain about "feeling something" during deep thrusting. He's only 7" long, but his girth is huge. I also got pregnant with my last child while on the IUD. Maybe he dislodged something?

Scarlet Thelema

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had my IUD for a few years now without many issues. I've only been with a couple of "larger than average" men in that time, and they rarely noticed it.

The only drawback, in my case, is that I already had painful periods. They are now twice as painful because of the IUD. However, to me, this is a small price to pay in order to avoid dangerous hormones or surgery.

Note: I had mine put in after a procedure, so my cervix was already dilated. I have no idea what insertion would feel like under "normal" circumstances. I'll have to get it removed and replaced soon, and I'm a bit scared about it :frown1:

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lastly I would say that if he's touching your cervix then either:

You have a small vaginal canal
You are not turned on enough.

Do you realize that the cervix is not that far into the vagina that only a large penis can hit it? Depending on the angle of thrust, an average-sized penis can hit it.

Don't blame her discomfort on her.

HelloTitty

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is gonna be long, sorry, but if so many people take the time to help me, Im gonna answer them! :)

Hmm well 700 bucks does seem like a lot for what it is. I'm not sure but I think its a lot less or even free for people in the UK (not sure though since I've never asked).

My ex did say that the IDU hurt a lot when it was first going in and it has to be removed every 3-4 years.

Of course I think that an IUD is preferable to taking extra hormones which can really mess with your body and moods / sexual appetite.

Would probably be best to see your doctor though as maybe there are other methods you could try. Also you could ask them whether an above average penis would have problems with an IUD.

Then you could post the reply here because I'm actually curious what the answer is.

I thought it seemed like allot of money too, but I went to Planned Parenthood, but since they dont take insurance here, I have to go through my insurance, and they are gonna send me to whatever clinic they choose.
Fine with me though, caise no way I can afford 700 on BC right now.

The one Im getting can be in for up to ten years, but I will probably have it taken out when Im around 26 or 27, if the pain isnt crippling.

I did consider other methods, but this is the only hormone free one, because I got clots while on the pill a few years ago. So eff that, haha.

I will def post what sex is like with it in, I know how curious I am, I'll help out other ladies and men, that have the same questions.

i have one and the strings have bothered my ex partner a few times, it was just the positioning, i think once a string, which is like wire LOL, rubbed him and he freaked out. all we had to do was just change positions and it was sorted. also me being on top led to him hitting it and it hurting me. the small mishaps with the IUD were better than the alternative of having an unplanned pregnancy.
he didnt want to use condoms and i cant take the pill, so if its not an IUD, the next step would have been him getting snipped.

Ahh, I would hate for it to hurt when Im on top of him. Ack...
But that doesnt sound so bad, mostly for him and the wire, hehe.
I agree, any mishaps, as long as they arent life threatening, are waaaaay better than an unplanned pregnancy.

Your answer helped though, thank you so much. :)

I had an IUD put in after my daughter was born. After 18 months I couldn't stand it any longer. My ex-husband was quite lengthy and no matter how aroused I was, if he put just a little pressure on my cervix, it hurt like hell. Maybe it doesn't retract so much with an IUD sitting in there.

Btw, it's been 5 years since I was near his tool so don't remember too well; I'd guess 9"-10" though.

Another thing I found after the IUD was that I did not get pregnant even with a couple years of the pull-and-pray method with occasional slip-ups. Nothing too odd about that except that I was always a fertile Myrtle. I could get sneezed on and knocked up. Other IUD users I have talked to have all had the same issues- pain when the cervix gets bumped and difficulty getting pregnant again afterwards. I would not recommend them.

So its kind of sore, after? Or is it more like when a man just slams into the cervix?
But I dont think that would feel good at all, having a piece of plastic poking your insides. But since my boy isnt as big, I hope I dont have those problems.

Ouch, I would think something that long wold hurt anyways, no? :p

I did read that you could not get pregnant for a year or more after having it taken out, but Im not that worried about that, since Im only 21, Im terrified of having kids. :eek:

Thank you for your answer. :)

7 1/2 X 6 here .. wife has IUD .. it hurt her like hell for the first day they put it in (we did not have sex, the insertion itself hurt), since then there have been no issues we would recommend it.

Ahh, you're about the same as my man, and no crippling pain for your little lady? (Sorry if Im getting to personal.)
Im ready for the insertion pain, I think, less pain than the alternatives.

Thank you for that, its now one recommending, one not.
Or two for it, as you said "we".
:D

I had an IUD years ago. My husband would complain about "feeling something" during deep thrusting. He's only 7" long, but his girth is huge. I also got pregnant with my last child while on the IUD. Maybe he dislodged something?

Ooh, I dont want that, but I guess he'll have to endure it, lol
Oh wow, I heard its bad for the fetus if you get preggers while its in?
Or did it just come out??

I've had my IUD for a few years now without many issues. I've only been with a couple of "larger than average" men in that time, and they rarely noticed it.

The only drawback, in my case, is that I already had painful periods. They are now twice as painful because of the IUD. However, to me, this is a small price to pay in order to avoid dangerous hormones or surgery.

Note: I had mine put in after a procedure, so my cervix was already dilated. I have no idea what insertion would feel like under "normal" circumstances. I'll have to get it removed and replaced soon, and I'm a bit scared about it :frown1:

I usually have bad cramps, but Im hoping I can handle them with some ibuprofin, after I have (most likely) have this done...

Aww, dont be scared when you go in, you know how they say you cant be tense for thigs like that, it makes it hurt more.

<3

Do you realize that the cervix is not that far into the vagina that only a large penis can hit it? Depending on the angle of thrust, an average-sized penis can hit it.

Don't blame her discomfort on her.

True, I've had smaller men than my bf hit it, but I will say, it didnt feel as intense.
:)

I'm about 8" and my girlfriend uses an IUD. Sometimes I feel the string, and it's not particularly pleasant, but usually, if I thrust less deeply for a bit and readjust the angle, then it stops being a problem. I'd say the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

missphatbooty

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm about 8" and my girlfriend uses an IUD. Sometimes I feel the string, and it's not particularly pleasant, but usually, if I thrust less deeply for a bit and readjust the angle, then it stops being a problem. I'd say the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

yeah that is what my ex used to do. just ease up a bit and redirect his attack, it was all better. it wasnt a constant problem but it happened once in a while. i can count on one hand the times he was like "ow, something bite me" all forest gump like muah hahaha

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So its kind of sore, after? Or is it more like when a man just slams into the cervix?
But I dont think that would feel good at all, having a piece of plastic poking your insides. But since my boy isnt as big, I hope I dont have those problems.

Ouch, I would think something that long wold hurt anyways, no? :p

I did read that you could not get pregnant for a year or more after having it taken out, but Im not that worried about that, since Im only 21, Im terrified of having kids. :eek:

For me, he didn't have to "slam" for it to hurt, but a direct hit would hurt the most. I could feel it if his head just brushed past it. I was able to accommodate all his length after awhile though I didn't like being on top; felt like I was being impaled!

I mention the problem with getting pregnant because, yeah they say a year, but for the women I know and myself included, it was more like 7 years. And I chose the IUD because I managed to get pregnant on every other form of birth control available so my fertility prior to that was unbelievably high. Just something to consider.

Good luck!

beachbum1971

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have an IUD and a boyfriend with a large penis. He has never felt the string, or at least has never complained about it. When he hits bottom is when I have the BEST orgasms. I obviously don't feel your pain, but sympathize with you.
You can only have an IUD inserted if you have already had a child, because otherwise your cervix won't open enough to put it in.
It is unpleasant having it put in and the first few months the spot bleeding is unpleasant, but I love mine. No worries, no pills. I have a Mirena IUD, so it has a trace of hormones in it and my periods are hardly existent because of it. This kind has to be changed every 5 years. The standard copper IUD can stay put for up to 10 years, but usually the monthly bleeding and cramping are more severe.
Good luck. Call your doctor.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a girlfriend that used an IUD and she said it hurt when we had sex although rubbing the string was the part that I found a annoying. On the other hand, I absolute hated a woman that wore a frisbee (diaphram). Hating bumping into that thing all the time, good thing that they are pretty much obsolete :)

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
My ex had it literally knocked out twice. I remember the damn thing in her hand - tiny thing. Mind you she had been pregnant 15 times! That, or poor fitting must have had something to do with it.

Scarlet Thelema

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have an IUD and a boyfriend with a large penis. He has never felt the string, or at least has never complained about it. When he hits bottom is when I have the BEST orgasms. I obviously don't feel your pain, but sympathize with you.
You can only have an IUD inserted if you have already had a child, because otherwise your cervix won't open enough to put it in.
It is unpleasant having it put in and the first few months the spot bleeding is unpleasant, but I love mine. No worries, no pills. I have a Mirena IUD, so it has a trace of hormones in it and my periods are hardly existent because of it. This kind has to be changed every 5 years. The standard copper IUD can stay put for up to 10 years, but usually the monthly bleeding and cramping are more severe.
Good luck. Call your doctor.

Hey, I'm interested to know where you heard that information regarding copper IUDs lasting 10 years (instead of 5). I was told 6 - 7 years when I had it placed, and my current doctor told me 5 years. I'm NOT looking forward to replacing it, so if I can wait a while longer, I'd like to!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd had an ordinary IUD for five years and when it was the time to change it I asked for a mirena coil as I liked the possible (likely) side effect that it would stop my periods.

The string normally lies flat against the cervical os, but you're supposed to check your string every month and if you do that stops it sort of embedding slightly in your cervix, as its not embedded the string can move around and occasionally a guy has complained that he could feel my string, it's not dignified but i've simply squatted and checked the string is lying flat.

It does hurt going in, it's something poking around in your insides, of course it's going to hurt - but it's a few minutes of pain then five years of normally trouble free birth control. If your IUD is positioned correctly and you check its not been expelled (this can happen although it's more likely to happen after it's just been inserted) it's as reliable as the pill.

Women who haven't had children can use an IUD but there is an increased risk of expulsion or infection for them.