I've been sober for two months

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
stay away from the internet and your computer if you are really serious about meeting real people face to face..you won't get too far sittin on your ass in front of a machine called a computer staring at a monitor reading words you just typed and other peoples words they just typed..This is not meeting people..this is distraction, time wasting

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
Not good DUDE.
This stuff can catch up with you real fast.
My cousins husband had a serious drinking problem.
Before he was 30 he didn't have a liver.
Too young to die...
Some people are hardwired for it and there's not much one can do but some anti depressants do work for some people to curb desires. I have drinking problems but I control them ....somewhat. I'm not as physically addicted as many addicts, luckily. I can lay off for a few days and not get any withdrawls, other than irritated moods at times.

I do have a compulsive-obsessive disorder, so I try to focus on more positive things if I feel I am binge drinking too much. Right now it's about 4 beers every other day and concentrating on riding my bicycle for exercise every day for an hour and losing some wight. The last month when World Cup was on it was 6-12 beers every day, starting at 6 A.M. for the games.

Not easy being an addict but I couldn't give it up, as it's just too enjoyable to get a buzz. I think the thrill is too much for some of us. Regular life is boring if I am sober for too long. It feels good to be sober at times but that makes getting buzzed that much more enjoyable when I do drink again.

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
for a variety of reasons it became apparent that i needed to quit boozing. how do i meet ladies now?
Get off the net and go out to clubs. Or pay for it. To me that's more honest and less time wasting. She gets $ and you get pussy. If you're good looking and a good bullshitter, you might score some quick, easy freebies at the clubs. If you want a relationship, go to church, college classes at night, singles night at grocery store or something.

Worst bet: online dating. Any woman who has to resort to online dating to get asked out, has some serious baggage, mentally or physically, more than likely. I don't date anymore and online dating was the biggest fucking waste of my life that I can't get back. So much bullshit out there. Just go to the massage parlor and bang the chinese gal for 140 bucks...she needs the $ and you need the sex.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Happy for you! Be PROUD. Meet girls thru friends, at sporting events, the grocery store...and hell yeah coffee shops. You can do it!

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
stay away from the internet and your computer if you are really serious about meeting real people face to face..you won't get too far sittin on your ass in front of a machine called a computer staring at a monitor reading words you just typed and other peoples words they just typed..This is not meeting people..this is distraction, time wasting

says the man to you from his machine called a computer.

seriously, congrats on the sobriety. i got pretty bad a few years back in the military, and quitting was hard, so i feel for ya. as far as meeting women, i have no advice for you, but if you figure it out, let the rest of us know.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
there are women in my aa program but i dont want to date sober girls, or rather they would not want to date me. ideally i'd like a girl who drinks enough to fuck me, but not enough that i am tempted

Spoken like a true dry drunk: beware the 13th step, baby.

Good luck with your sobriety. My sister hasn't had a drink since July 1990: which means I owe her a text congratulating her on thirty years of misery and hell with eyes wide open and every sense activated.

Gawd I love her.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spoken like a true dry drunk: beware the 13th step, baby.

Good luck with your sobriety. My sister hasn't had a drink since July 1990: which means I owe her a text congratulating her on thirty years of misery and hell with eyes wide open and every sense activated.

Twenty years, perhaps? Math's not my best subject, admittedly.

In any event, well done Bbucko's sister.

xx

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Meeting ladies, I know this is important to the majority of people but I think you should spend more time combating your most current battle before incurring additional ones. You never know who might make you go off the deep end. Good Luck for sure.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Twenty years, perhaps? Math's not my best subject, admittedly.

In any event, well done Bbucko's sister.

xx

:redface:

Yeah: math was never my strong suit, but damn that was a silly post. I can't even blame booze, because I was sober when I wrote it :redface:

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
been three months now and not seeing any ladies as more than friends. i feel like i need to work on having relationships with girls that consist of more than getting drunk and banging it out so im acting like a 13 year old again and hanging out in groups

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
been three months now and not seeing any ladies as more than friends. i feel like i need to work on having relationships with girls that consist of more than getting drunk and banging it out so im acting like a 13 year old again and hanging out in groups

Congratulations!!!

I've been sober, too, but for a much different reason.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's really wonderful!!!:cool::smile: Early sobriety has a lot of crazy stuff going on, then you begin to feel things and man what a trip that is! It's like they say, when you begin drinking or drugging you kind of freeze at that age emotionally so a 40 year old let's say, can seem more like a 12 year old, which isn't always that bad, as long as you make the sobriety a priority and take it seriously.

Just keep your focus steady on being sober, the relationships with the girls will come when it's time, just give time time and enjoy hanging out with people, it beats the alternative and has for me for 22 years now:smile:!!

mariamluvsEMbig

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

maybe you should try sexting ur junk to the next hottest female sportscaster...oh wait you're not the REAL brett favre and that didn't work for him either...jk...you'll find a girl when you're least expecting it...you've got a great sense of humor