I've found "the one"..

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HI all.... I'm SOOOOOO happy, I just had to share it. Recently I met the cutest, funniest, sexiest, most interesting man and its going to lead to a LTR, we've both realized it. In talking, we'd both almost decided to give up on finding anyone, but my taking a weekend trip with a mutual friend put us together, and magic happened! The upside/downside to our being together is that we live 200 miles apart, but, at this point the distance is a good thing and will keep us from doing something stupid and ruining it...LOL We're totally compatible in almost every way, we even use the same bath soap ! We make each other laugh, and I find myself thinking about him constantly through the day. I've only felt this one time before, with my first partner, whom I lost in a car accident 16 yrs ago..I like to rationalize all this by thinking the universe has conspired against us in our favor..LOL Wish us luck ? :)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HI all.... I'm SOOOOOO happy, I just had to share it. Recently I met the cutest, funniest, sexiest, most interesting man and its going to lead to a LTR, we've both realized it. In talking, we'd both almost decided to give up on finding anyone, but my taking a weekend trip with a mutual friend put us together, and magic happened! The upside/downside to our being together is that we live 200 miles apart, but, at this point the distance is a good thing and will keep us from doing something stupid and ruining it...LOL We're totally compatible in almost every way, we even use the same bath soap ! We make each other laugh, and I find myself thinking about him constantly through the day. I've only felt this one time before, with my first partner, whom I lost in a car accident 16 yrs ago..I like to rationalize all this by thinking the universe has conspired against us in our favor..LOL Wish us luck ? :)
I'm so sorry about your loss and I'm happy that you found someone that you can laugh with again, that is so important in life.
I'm glad that you both didn't give up and found each other, like two doves lost in a hurricane that finally found their way(ok, so I'm a romantic).
I feel your joy in my heart and I'm wishing you all the luck, congrats and enjoy every minute.
C.

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Congrats.

Advice...

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DISTANCE.

If there's gonna be a LTR... then at least one of you will HAVE to relocate.
Examine your two careers and communities... one of you will definitely be better situated to relocate than the other. ( i.e. less financial disruption, better opportunities, ready for a change, or always wanted to live someplace more like where the other lives )

Talk it over, and make a plan and start doing the things that will make it happen. I don't mean pick a date to move in together.... take it slow and give the relationship time to deepen and settle in so that you are both confident in the relationship before anything irrevocable is done...
But the sooner you discuss and identify who would be doing the moving... and why, the quicker the two of you can relax and form some delightful expectation of the future.

It might take a year or more to get all those ducks in a row...heck it might mean getting an apartment closer for a period...
but that long distance is far less likely to cause your new relationship problems if you both have some idea of when it will cease, and when you both can see even incremental progress being made to close that gap.

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to say, 200 miles isn't all that far. Sharing weekends is pretty easy on a 3 hour drive. Weekends will let you share all kinds of time. My ex is traveling some 1000+ miles to see his new guy, ( wishing him the BEST of luck) for about 3 years now. They are going to move to a different city for both of them soon. One will move East and one will move West.

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:smlove2: THANK YOU ALL for the warm wishes ! I've told all my friends and family already, and quite frankly, I think they're tired of hearing about him..LOL The one thing I do enjoy about LPSG is that, while the discussions can be interesting to downright catty, there are always great people here. We've talked at great length about the distance, and we're working on a solution.. we're not sure who's moving where just yet, but everything happens in its own time and we're enjoying getting to know one another well and not being, for lack of a better term, "up each others' ass" all the time yet..:wink: And wile it's not a soap opera for sure, I WILL be keeping y'all posted.... thanks again !

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Congrats uncublond :biggrin1:

Good luck!

I'm completely envious. I'm in love with someone who's pretty much "the one" and distance is completely the problem.

:(

prince, I was in Cali, he was in Florida. 2000+ miles. It was worth it :wink:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Congrats uncublond :biggrin1:

prince, I was in Cali, he was in Florida. 2000+ miles. It was worth it :wink:

*swoons* But he's in a different country. Not far away from where i am (like a hour flight) but it has been difficult to relocate. I know somehow we'll be together. I love a good story like you guys because it gives me hope. :redface:

One day. :)

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Good luck. You know, I think I also found the one too. A super duper cute guy sits next to me at my engineering class, and now I am obsessed with him. His smiley eyes capture my heart. Oh boy, I think I love him so much.

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HI everyone, I just came back from seeing my man in Nashville again... met the parents this weekend...it went wonderfully ! They're very very nice people....things are going very very well, and i know this is love because I can't imagine living another day wthout him...:) I guess its true what they say... love finds you when you aren't really looking.....to those of you that have found love, grab it with both hands and don't let go ! And again, thanks for the warm wishes and comments...:)

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Love is a beautiful thing and you deserve a hundred times worth of happiness. I'm glad you've found it.