I've got an itch.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by bthegreat, Feb 11, 2009.

1. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Is it okay to scratch your balls or your pubes in public?

I seen a guy scratching as if no one had seen him but no one said anything. So is that now acceptable?

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Be subtle...

3. Gl3nn

Gold Member

No, it's not. A little bit of class doesn't hurt

4. avg_joe

Gold Member

Embarrassing thing to do in public.

5. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    That's what I thought, But why do guys do it?

6. dreamer20

Gold Member

7. Smartalk

Gold Member

The definition of Home............... "Home is a place where you can scratch where it itches"

8. kazooplayer

kazooplayer New Member

You can do whatever you please, it's the consequences you have to deal with.

9. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think that crotch grabbing and scratching by men in the US is done primarily for adjustment and itching purposes. I believe that it is also - and very often is - symbolic. It's a "male pride" or "territorial" signal to other men (I am proud to have a penis and being male).

While living in Australia, England and France, I didn't see men doing this nearly as much as in the US. When I did notice others doing it, there seemed to be a real itch to stratch or a real adjustment to make. (Yes, like in America, some men do grab their crotches overseas as an obscene gesture.) This gesture didn't seem to carry the "male pride" or "territorial" signal in these countries.

#9 bigbull29, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  10. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    it's ok to (if necessary, discreetly) scratch an itch in public. Just make sure your hand doesn't enjoy it.

11. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Thats totally weird. Marking territory.

12. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Might be weird, but who's to say it's not true.:biggrin1: It's my theory.

13. houtx48

Gold Member

well sometimes my balls itch

14. lasolasbud

lasolasbud Member

If I see a guy grabbing or scratching his crotch, I just assume he’s dirty and didn’t roll his foreskin back and developed a lot of smegma (cheesy and it stinks). Or he’s got bugs. Or both…
    I’ve only seen this phenomenon in the US as well. It’s so weird to be talking with some one and they start pulling on their cocks. It’s fucking nasty! I even see little kids doing it. What’s up with this behavior? I’m waiting for guys to start sticking their fingers up their ass while waiting at the bus stop.
    Michael Jackson started this years ago in his videos and he isn’t normal. Now it’s totally cool to scratch your cock while on stage at the Grammy’s.

15. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
  16. hungitaliano

hungitaliano New Member

I agree with BigBull29

I work with Americans and I notice a few of the men do this!

I've actually noticed myself competing with them.. wearing my cock down the leg of my pants and sitting in ways that dont hide my bulge.. and i have noticed them glance at it...

17. lasolasbud

lasolasbud Member

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Found this, it does sound like a hygiene issue...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Itchy penis[/FONT]
    If the head of your penis (glans) is inflamed, you have balanitis. This is a Greek word meaning ‘inflammation of the acorn’. Balanitis usually looks more worrying than it is.

• <LI class=ep>It may simply be a hygiene problem. If you do not wash under the foreskin, a cheesy material, called smegma, accumulates. This can become infected and cause irritation. The solution is to wash carefully with warm water to which you have added enough kitchen salt to make it taste like seawater. <LI class=ep>A milder form of balanitis can appear soon after intercourse, but disappears within about a day. This is probably caused by allergy to thrush in your partner&#8217;s vagina. If she is treated the problem will usually go. <LI class=ep>Balanitis can sometimes be caused by a skin disease, such as psoriasis. Psoriasis can occur on the penis without you having it anywhere else. On the glans, it looks red and shiny (unlike on other parts of the body where it is silvery and scaly). In this situation antifungal treatment will not have any effect, but your doctor can prescribe a steroid cream.
    • Check your soaps and shower gels. Balanitis can sometimes be a sensitivity to perfumes in soaps and detergents. Never put disinfectant in the bath, as this can be very irritating.
    What to do about balanitis
    • <LI class=ep>Change to a simple, unperfumed soap. Alternatively, buy &#8216;aqueous cream&#8217; from a pharmacy and use it as body-wash cream (i.e. apply a small amount and rinse off). <LI class=ep>Put two handfuls of salt in the bath, but no other additives (no bubble bath, no bath oils, no disinfectants) <LI class=ep>Do not use &#8216;biological&#8217; or &#8216;enzyme&#8217; powders when washing your underpants <LI class=ep>Ask your partner to visit her doctor or a genitourinary medicine clinic to check for thrush (especially if your balanitis occurs after sex)
    • See your doctor &#8211; if your balanitis is severe, ask for a diabetes check; if anti-thrush treatment does not work, ask your doctor if it could be psoriasis
    Thrush
    If your penis is swollen, intensely itchy and very red, you probably have thrush (also known as Candida, a yeast). Occasionally this can be the first sign of diabetes, so check with your doctor. It is cured with antifungal cream or tablets. ​

18. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know it's true.:biggrin1: American men love to do that. It's not always about itching and making adjustments. I lived overseas long enough to know that it's not as common overseas.

19. D_Portelay Porquesword

When I was in high school I had a bible studies class, the teacher would pull at his nuts all the time. It was gross.

To answer your question, that would be a NO!

20. StormyB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Eww, that's effin gross....an old friend of mine used to do this and I know he was uncut, now i'm grossed out thinking that it could have been this...yuck. I think scratching your stuff is sick in public, it's very unclassy.

Draft saved Draft deleted