I've got to doubt that man ever landed on the Moon...

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and again, once we dispelled the "made of cheese" hoax, there was not real need to go back.
Nonsense! Have you not seen A Grand Day Out, in which Wallace and Gromit travel to the moon for a cheese-eating holiday? It was filmed on location!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wouldn't be too surprised if this thread was unpleasant to somebody,especially usa citizens, but I really want to put it off my chest...
Some years ago I was staring at the Moon in a wonderful night and I thought that is very strange the Man don't go to it anymore... If Moon trips aren't possible today, how the hell did the Nasa manage to make the Man land on it more than 40 years ago??? Also although it was filmed and forecasted in every Country, Italy included, nothing assure us it all wasn't a big special effect... just my thought and I don't mind to offend anyone, I like USA culture and people and I m not saying the USA government was a lier but boys let's think a bit about what I said before... 40 years after the first man landed on the Moon the trips to the Moon aren't a reality...
Yes man landed on the moon, it was a wonderful event and we celebrated. Part of the celebration was because we had defeated the terrible Soviets by planting the American flag there before they could. The Soviets were in close proximity at the time, and had an unmanned craft (Luna 15>?) which crashed into the moon at about the same time. I remember we celebrated that too.

I think the idea of the Space program was to explore into things and the moon was the easiest to get to, it coincided with the Anti-Soviet/anti-communism patriotism of the time. The U.S. went back a few more times learned what they wanted, knew it wasn't going to be a future home and put their sights on other space items.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Nonsense! Have you not seen A Grand Day Out, in which Wallace and Gromit travel to the moon for a cheese-eating holiday? It was filmed on location!
no that's not a real movie, just a clever hoax to fool you gullible movie goers into going to yet another movie!!! wait a minute......

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
If you are seriously interested in the question whether people in the USA believe that there was no landing on the moon, why not look into the findings of surveys? For example:
Could moon landings have been faked? Some still think so

By Brandon Griggs
CNN
July 17, 2009

. . . A 1999 Gallup poll found that a scant 6 percent of Americans doubted the Apollo 11 moon landing happened, and there is anecdotal evidence that the ranks of such conspiracy theorists, fueled by innuendo-filled documentaries and the Internet, are growing.​
Or, in the Wikipedia article "Moon landing conspiracy theories":
There are subcultures worldwide which advocate the belief that the Moon landings were faked. James Oberg of ABC News stated that claims made that the Moon landings were faked are actively taught in Cuban schools and wherever Cuban teachers are sent.[4][5] A 1999 Gallup poll found that 6% of the Americans surveyed doubted that the Moon landings happened and that 5% of those surveyed had no opinion,[6][7][8][9] which roughly matches the findings of a similar 1995 Time/CNN poll.[6] Officials of Fox television stated that such skepticism increased to about 20% after the February 2001 airing of that network's TV show Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? seen by approximately 15 million viewers.[7] This 2001 Fox special is viewed as having promoted the hoax claims.[10][11]​
So the figure is probably somewhere between 6% and 20%.

I can't tell if by "believers" you mean "believers in the theory that the moon landings were faked" or "people who accept that human beings have landed on the moon." If you mean that the former are equal in number to the latter then what you say is proved false by the surveys cited above. If your claim concerns only LPSG, then any inference drawn from the views of people posting in one particular thread to those of the whole membership of the site is highly unreliable; but even if you are only talking about this thread, I count roughly three times as many people here rejecting the hoax theory as propounding it.

What you want to infer from the fact that some proportion of the population believes something I am not sure. To me, the interest of such figures is that they raise alarms. The incidence of wacko beliefs is always far higher than one would wish.

What appalls me is that people are willing to embrace a belief that is not only wildly improbable but obnoxious and outrageous, while showing no interest whatever in subjecting that belief to objective critical examination. Some conspiracy theory gets a grip on you and all that you are interested in is piling up the anecdotes and the arguments that you take to support it, rather than considering whether the anecdotes really do support the case and whether the arguments stand up to examination. The measure of the probability of a belief is how well it squares with the available evidence and with everything else that we know about how the world works, not how much it appeals to one's sense of being in on a secret or being in bold defiance of common opinion.

Dear Calboner I love you scientific approach to any problem, be it a matter of penis size or anything else.. you are right when you advice me to read some surveys before to shot statements of any kind... well I just wanted to know what lpsg members think about the Moon conquest... and by believers I meant people who believe Man landed on the Moon... btw it's interesting to notice not every usa citizen believe it all was true... I want to say you that in Italy most of people believe the Man landed on our satellite so it is a worldwide accepted truth although nobody really knows wheter it was only film or not, except for Armstrong of course :D

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since you asked;

1. Why did NASA recently announce that it would take scientists 15 years to design and build a craft to go back to the moon? Why should it take longer now with more technology? We did it in less than 10 years back in the '60's or did we?

2. How could they have powered air conditioning in 200+ degrees for three days with only batteries?

3. The space shuttle has killed approximately 14 people just orbiting about 250 miles above the earth how is it a half century ago we have gone six times to another planet and back with no lives lost?

4. Why does the flag that was placed on the moon billow in the wind when there is no atmosphere or wind?

5. Why did NASA in 2002 admit that they could not adequately protect the astronauts working in the International Space Station from radiation yet we did it back in '69?

Shall I continue?

Allow me,
1. Who planted the camera when Neil Armstrong too those famous
first steps.
2. Where was the "Rover" stored in that tiny craft called the L.E.M.
there was only so much room for the propulsion unit and the fuel,
even if the brought it in parts, where was it stored.
I saw a replica of that craft at N.A.S.A in titusville. Ad there is "no-way"
the could have carried it along even if it where in pieces.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Some more questions;

1. If debris from the Apollo missions were left on the moons surface should it not be visible today through a powerful telescope? The Clemintine probe that recently mapped the moons surface failed to show any of the Apollo debris left there by man during these missions. Where did the moon buggy and base of the lunar module go?

2. In '69 computer chips hadn't been invented. The maximum computer memory was 256k and was housed in a large air conditioned building. In '02 a computer required a minimum of 64mb of memory to run a simulated moon landing, and that didn't include the memory required to take off again after landing. The alleged computer on board Apollo 11 had 32k of memory, the equivalent of a simple calculator.

3. Instead of being able to jump at least 10 feet high in one-sixth gravity why was the highest jump less than two feet?

4. Why did the moon buggy have a width similar to a small car if it had actually been moving in one-sixth gravity it would have to have a width of 20 feet to keep from flipping over at most turns.

5. The astronauts water sourced air conditioner back packs should have produced frequent explosive vapor discharges. They never did!

6. The astronauts were easily able to bend their wrists, knees, fingers at 5.2psi, yet a boxers 4psi speedbag is virtually unbendable. They should have looked like the Michelin Man if their suits had been actually pressurized.

7. The lunar module was about the size of two phone booths. There is no way that an astronaut wearing his spacesuit, oxygen tank and other equipment in their backpacks could first fit into their seat nor could they emerge from the module because the exit door opened to the inside. There wasn't enough room!
Apollo 11 Moon Landing Hoax

addresses a number of them

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Allow me,
1. Who planted the camera when Neil Armstrong too those famous
first steps.
2. Where was the "Rover" stored in that tiny craft called the L.E.M.
there was only so much room for the propulsion unit and the fuel,
even if the brought it in parts, where was it stored.
I saw a replica of that craft at N.A.S.A in titusville. Ad there is "no-way"
the could have carried it along even if it where in pieces.
1 - Camera was on the module legs. This is widely known.
2 - The rover was stowed in a folded configuration, precisely to minimise the space needed for it. It was deployed and then left behind on the surface. I don't know how you can claim to know what was and wasn't possible because you've seen a model rover. Have you also flown in an Apollo spacecraft?

These two are prime examples of the sort of easily refuteable nonsense that people come out with. "How did the flag blow?" is the worst, because even the most basic research shows that it didn't blow at all. It behaves EXACTLY as you'd expect it to in near-vaccuum. People need to stop blindly regurgitating crap they've read somewhere.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you read Jesse Venturas book 63 Documents the US Government does not want you to read.
I wouldn't believe anything from them.
Really? I wouldn't believe anything that I hear from Jesse Ventura.

1 - Camera was on the module legs. This is widely known.
2 - The rover was stowed in a folded configuration, precisely to minimise the space needed for it. It was deployed and then left behind on the surface. I don't know how you can claim to know what was and wasn't possible because you've seen a model rover. Have you also flown in an Apollo spacecraft?

These two are prime examples of the sort of easily refuteable nonsense that people come out with. "How did the flag blow?" is the worst, because even the most basic research shows that it didn't blow at all. It behaves EXACTLY as you'd expect it to in near-vaccuum. People need to stop blindly regurgitating crap they've read somewhere.
Parr's argument reminds me of evolution deniers who say, "If human beings evolved from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys?"

Last edited:

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How true!
Given my only other previous experience of you, I'd wager that you're trying to imply I have blindly regurgitated the contents of my previous post. Well if that's the case then balls to you. You could hardly be more incorrect.

If it's not the case, then we are in agreement :smile:

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Given my only other previous experience of you, I'd wager that you're trying to imply I have blindly regurgitated the contents of my previous post. Well if that's the case then balls to you. You could hardly be more incorrect.

If it's not the case, then we are in agreement :smile:
don't get suckered by hickboy. he will blast you in one thread, totally infuriate you in another and then blindside you with wit and agreement in another.

but either way, you are about to get a "fuck off" message

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
7. The lunar module was about the size of two phone booths. There is no way that an astronaut wearing his spacesuit, oxygen tank and other equipment in their backpacks could first fit into their seat nor could they emerge from the module because the exit door opened to the inside. There wasn't enough room!
The Lunar lander was 18 ft high x 14' wide and had a cockpit volume of 235 cu ft. Somewhat larger than two telephone booths. It weighed 32,399 lbs.