I've graduated!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Say hello to my li'l friend...
my M.S. degree!!

After two and a half years of hell, I'm finally Dee Hill, M.S.!! (Excuse me a moment.) *ecstatic scream!* :D I just wanted to take a minute and thank my friends at LPSG for cheering, jeering, and leering me on. This was one stressful education and I'm happy that I came out of it with my sanity intact. I'm going to take it easy and have some well-deserved ME time.

Kim, Steve, Monty -- your care packages were incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and they made me feel really special.

And even though the rest of you bastards decide to be extra cheap-o (j/k), a lot of you have made me smile and enjoy my time here when I'm not busy staging inquisitions or flossing vaginal fangs. Special shout-outs to Cardiff, brainzz-n-dong, Hung Muscle, Dr. Dilznick, Pecker, and Philly Steve! You guys kick incredible amounts of ass. And if there's anyone I missed, apologies -- it's 7:00 a.m. and I need to haul my ass to bed -- 'cause you're loved, too...

...unless you're hated.

:D :D :D

God, it's over! I'm so happy!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Congratulations are in order! It's a great achievement. But what about next year when they ask, "But what have you done lately?" ;)

Do I see a Dr. Hill on the horizon?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dee,

Congrats, Baby! STEVE319 told me the good news last night! Now rest yourself and those furiously typing fingers and watch while the presents roll in! LOL! What a great Christmas present! Thanks for the props as well.

Naughty

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Congratulations, Dee!!!!!

You've been very diligent in your efforts. I am elated for you... Now, how about that Ph.D??? You know, we need more young scholars...

AND THAT GOES FOR A COUPLE MORE OF YOU WHO RECENTLY COMPLETED YOUR MASTERS!!!!!!!!!

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
well, we don't know each other but, nonetheless, congrats are still in order. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure the last thing you want to think about is going BACK to school, but obtaining your Ph.D would be another brilliant and rewarding feat.

Inter Ested

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Congrats from Germany, Dee!

I think "M.S." means "Master of Science". I've graduated last year as an "MA", which means "Magister Artium" here. Mostly the same, I think. In Germany they change from the "Magister"-Grade to Bachelor and master now. Don't know why. But I like the ancient latin titel. sounds much more intellectual. ;-)

have a great party!

inter

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Hey Dee,

CONGRATS!! From one tired and burned out undergrad to someone who's survived it all, way to go :)

We've got a Dr. Phil already. I can't wait for Dr. Dee to debut. Get cracking on that PhD ;)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Ok, ok, so I'll be Dr. Dee by the time I'm 40. Heh heh. I don't want to think about another degree right now, especially all the lurvely debt that comes with it. At the rate I'm going, I'll be buried with the following epitaph:

This summummabitch owes Uncle Sam eleventy-six billion dollarz.

Nah, but thanks a lot for the kind words, guys. They helped keep me sane and I felt really supported by my buds here even when I was running full throttle. I'm even putting the job search on the holiday 'cause I want to enjoy some downtime. I'm hoping that something will give relatively soon thereafter. As much as I love my buds at the restaurant, I'm ready to quit waiting tables for a while.

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DeeBlackthorne said:
I'm even putting the job search on the holiday 'cause I want to enjoy some downtime. I'm hoping that something will give relatively soon thereafter. As much as I love my buds at the restaurant, I'm ready to quit waiting tables for a while.
You deserve the break. Go have fun. Does this mean we have to start calling you Master Dee? :D

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
DeeBlackthorne said:
Ok, ok, so I'll be Dr. Dee by the time I'm 40. Heh heh. I don't want to think about another degree right now, especially all the lurvely debt that comes with it. At the rate I'm going, I'll be buried with the following epitaph:

This summummabitch owes Uncle Sam eleventy-six billion dollarz.

a lot of times people can get some person/corporation/etc. to pay, completely, for them to get their Ph.D. You should look into it - although i know going back to school is very far removed from your mind.

DeeBlackthorne said:
Nah, but thanks a lot for the kind words, guys. They helped keep me sane and I felt really supported by my buds here even when I was running full throttle. I'm even putting the job search on the holiday 'cause I want to enjoy some downtime. I'm hoping that something will give relatively soon thereafter. As much as I love my buds at the restaurant, I'm ready to quit waiting tables for a while.

where do you want to work?