Ive lost faith in humanity

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Oct 29 2005, 01:33 AM
I am almost speechless, comments please.....

Bug chasers
[post=356449]Quoted post[/post]​
First question that popped into my head was "WHY?!"
Second question was "New way to commit suicide, maybe?"
Third was "WHY?!"

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is true. There is a small sector of gay men who view HIV as a condition to be treated and medicated instead of a fatal disease. "Bug Chasers" often travel and/or hold group orgies where they bareback with the idea being that the bottoms are looking to be bred (have cum deposited in their asses) by a positive guy's "seed."

This phenomina also intersects with the proliferation of curcuit parties ripe with increased crystalmeth use (which often occurs at these parties and can encourage risky sexual behaviors). I have read of guys on Meth being fucked for hours by numerous men at a party as they craved the sex.

Crazy, I know.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The world is full of mentally deficient people, isn't it? Although I have never met anyone who claimed upfront that they wanted to get infected, I have met an astounding number who are bug chasers by their actions. There's even one on LPSG who, by his own admission, loves to sleep with anything, male or female, that will provide him with a warm moist hole, and that he doesn't wear condoms because "they're too tight." I was at a function some months back where one of the guys ONLY fucked bareback, and participated in a gangbang where about 12 guys fucked him. I just could not believe that anyone in this day and age could be so completely stupid. The bottom boy is obviously a chaser, and the guys who fucked him obviously just do not care. I do know that one guy tried to use a condom and was turned away. Sick. Just plain Bedlam-style nuts.

This is where I got into some jousting with someone else on another thread... I said STDs can be eliminated in our lifetime, but they won't. He argued that they can't be eliminated. I say if people were responsible, they would be, but the general public is not too bright, and chooses not to be responsible.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC - I agree 100%.

This phenomenon is just sad. Perhaps it's a new form of terrorism...catching the disease to infect those that are unwilling to have it. *rolls eyes*

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this goes along with cutters and any other form of attention whores. Can you imagine a better way to get sympathy and attention than being terminally ill? Grotesque as this is, it's really nothing new.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Oct 29 2005, 12:20 PM

This is where I got into some jousting with someone else on another thread... I said STDs can be eliminated in our lifetime, but they won't. He argued that they can't be eliminated. I say if people were responsible, they would be, but the general public is not too bright, and chooses not to be responsible.
[post=356479]Quoted post[/post]​
Apparently hiv is rampant amoung the younger gay population,
mostly due to the fact that they never got educated like their earlier
counterparts in the 80's. They view unprotected sex as natural and
won't use protection. Plus young men seem to think that they're
undestructible, I seem to recall.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 29 2005, 07:55 PM
I think this goes along with cutters and any other form of attention whores. Can you imagine a better way to get sympathy and attention than being terminally ill? Grotesque as this is, it's really nothing new.
[post=356689]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, it isn't so much that Chris cut as that he was all "Oh, the guy I had a crush on didn't like me so I think I'll go kill myself."

Just remember, it's Newsmax.

Is HIV more rampant among younger gay men? I don't know; it'd have to be less rampant among younger straight men then, since the average age at diagnosis for new cases is still in the early 30s.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After a few moments of thought I was able to recall the name of a documentary film from a year or 2 back which I heard about and here is a link The Gift documentary film (if the link fails do a google search for The Gift Louise Hogarth) so sadly this stuff exists. Moving right along there are also those who go about getting infected due to their own self hatred. Not all gays are gay some are very depressed about being homosexual and want out of life. Unless a person is gay and has been in some way persecuted for it this concept is probably hard to understand. In other words the heterosexual from Screwville Nebraska is not going to get it. I know of a guy who has decided to deliberately start screwing around with every guy he could, he pulled them off the internet and was in his mind successful when his doctor told him he was now HIV+. He does not like himself even though every thing in his life is good aside from his health. He has a terrific job, he owns his own place in a nice part of New York City, he has friends he is a regular charmer but he is consumed with so much self hate that he wanted to kill himself without the usual formality of a suicide. He is not alone in this, many gay men are on the same boat. He does not look for sympathy and doesn't even bring the health issue up in conversations since his initial announcement to me he just has an inner hatred of being homosexual which brought him to a rather tragic choice.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Erm, no offence, but does he really realise that AIDS will not kill him, but everything from breadmould to his own natural flora (or is that fauna) will kill him?

I mean, 'death by brain being eaten by mould' is not my favourite suicide method.

But at the same time, I realise that it is so difficult in these times to come out. The media and people in general are worthy of a good ass-kicking. I don't have a need to 'fear' gay men (or women for that matter). But so many people can't understand this, and so force their prejudices on to people. Lets be blunt, being gay is the last thing it is acceptable to be discriminated against.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've also read of some men feeling guilty that they are negative, so they deliberately try to become infected.

Wave

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
"I think this goes along with cutters and any other form of attention whores. Can you imagine a better way to get sympathy and attention than being terminally ill? Grotesque as this is, it's really nothing new."

Madama Zora is right, as usual. This has been going on for awhile now and the human trait to want sympathy from trafgedy has been along since antediluvian times at least.

Onsllow is right as well.....not all folks who are gay are happy about it!