I've lost my voice...

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I used to travel a lot for work and for some odd reason everytime I went to Portland, Oregon I would get wicked bad bronchitis. On my last trip to Portland, OR I ended up with not just bronchitis but acute viral laryngitis and a cough which sounded like a seal barking.
I'd bet money you have acute viral laryngitis just like I did.

I was in Portland last week! :eek:

Viral laryngitis usually is characterized by:
  • General fatigue
  • Malaise
  • Low-grade fever
  • General body aches
  • Cough
  • Hoarseness
  • Sore throat
  • Dry throat
I'd put most of these symptoms down to too much partying/travelling/talking and the odd alcoholic beverage! :wink:

Other symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection may also be present

Had that but then had really bad asthma attack so forgot all about it.... :rolleyes:

:cool:

Hmmmm haven't really done the best job of looking after myself on this trip have I....:redface:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in Portland last week! :eek:

I'd put most of these symptoms down to too much partying/travelling/talking and the odd alcoholic beverage! :wink:

I wasn't going to go into boring detail but the job in question was me driving cross-country, teaching students in grades 2-12 about plastics engineering and polymer chemistry via hands-on lab experiments. I talked non-stop from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM, 5 days a week, 20 weeks out of the year. I would sometimes meet up with friends from grad school or co-workers in fun places like Cleveland, OH, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, Milpitas, CA, or Las Cruces, NM. Alcoholic beverages were often consumed. :biggrin1:

I also managed to hit almost every outlet mall in existence prior to December 2000, between Boston and Oakland, CA.

Had that but then had really bad asthma attack so forgot all about it.... :rolleyes:
Oddly I didn't have asthma back then. I probably didn't help myself by going ice skating at the Lloyd Center Mall or doing a hiking tour up Multnomah Falls. :biggrin1:

The only reason I stopped at a hospital ER was because that croupy cough was starting to annoy me; and it was on my way to Mt. Hood, where I had intended to go skiing. :smile::redface:

Hmmmm haven't really done the best job of looking after myself on this trip have I....:redface:
You travelled the whole friggin' country, by yourself, during the winter; and lived to tell the story. I think you did mighty fine! :smile: :cool:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wasn't going to go into boring detail but the job in question was me driving cross-country, teaching students in grades 2-12 about plastics engineering and polymer chemistry via hands-on lab experiments. I talked non-stop from 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM, 5 days a week, 20 weeks out of the year. I would sometimes meet up with friends from grad school or co-workers in fun places like Cleveland, OH, Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, Milpitas, CA, or Las Cruces, NM. Alcoholic beverages were often consumed. :biggrin1:

That's a lot of talking!!! When I used to work I could be on the phone almost all day.... maybe I'm just out of practise!! :rolleyes:

You travelled the whole friggin' country, by yourself, during the winter; and lived to tell the story. I think you did mighty fine! :smile: :cool:

aawwww thank you!!
It's certainly been a lot of fun! :biggrin1:
And next time I'm back I'll hopefully have a voice so we can at last meet up! :smile:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you my lovelies!!!

Then half way through dinner with the boys I got volume :biggrin1:

Not a lot... but enough to be heard... which is lucky cos I was running out of blank tablecloth.... (the girl in the very nice restaurant gave me a pen to write on it so as to save my voice! :rolleyes: how sweet :smile:)

Though it turns out Americans can't understand my handwriting as well as my accent! :tongue:

Your whispers are ever so sexy :wink: , but your handwriting was hard to read. :tongue: Wasn't it a stroke of luck that Exwhysee had picked a restaurant where you could write on the tablecloth.:cool: I just wonder what our waitress thought of your writing, we might should have censored our tablecloth. But to late now to worry she might have gotten an eye full.:rolleyes:

Haha you handwriting is so curly swirly! I hope your voice continues to get better. You're a great girl, better than meeting Dawn French! haha. Camper too, great dinner mates! Lets do it again soon!

It was great fun and I believe Iknowkk got an good taste of southern hospitality. :smile:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've lost my voice... :eek:
met the luscious Camper Joe and Exwhysee on Monday ... :redface:

So in addition to being speechless, you must have been breathless.:biggrin1:

I tried everything...Even the most disgusting thing on earth
Then half way through dinner with the boys I got volume :biggrin1:

... which is lucky cos I was running out of blank tablecloth to write on it so as to save my voice! :rolleyes:

Though it turns out Americans can't understand my handwriting as well as my accent! :tongue:

What a shame. Next time you should bring a Babelfish with you to translate the language of Whales.:tongue:

Your whispers are so sexy :wink: , but your handwriting was hard to read. :tongue: Wasn't it a stroke of luck that Exwhysee picked a restaurant where you could write on the tablecloth.:cool: I just wonder what our waitress thought of your writing, we should have censored our tablecloth. ...she might have gotten an eye full.:rolleyes:

You needn't have worried as the writing was illegilble.:tongue:

It was great fun and I believe Iknowkk got a good taste of southern hospitality. :smile:
I'm glad that it was so delicious!:yumyum:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spill the beans! Just how hot are Camper Joe and Exwhysee in real life? Are there pictures of this much anticipated menage a trois? Or better yet video?:wink:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh WOW!!! SO many questions!!!

I think I may have to choose my words wisely... so will think about it on the flight home LOL...

Am at JFK waiting for my red-eye to London... cannot believe the trip is over and still not got the full voice back - still croaky and quiet...

Camper Joe & Exwhysee are very hot... I didn't want to leave them... but I don't think they'd be too happy in my luggage so I had no choice... but I will be back boys... :wink: :biggrin1:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I think I may have to choose my words wisely... so will think about it on the flight home LOL...

Am at JFK waiting for my red-eye to London... cannot believe the trip is over and still not got the full voice back - still croaky and quiet...

Camper Joe & Exwhysee are very hot... I didn't want to leave them... but I don't think they'd be too happy in my luggage so I had no choice... but I will be back boys... :wink: :biggrin1:

We just finished talking and you are now on your way home.:frown1: Iknowkk you know Exwhysee and I are looking forward to having you return.:smile:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

What I could have stowaway away and been in Wales, why did not you tell me. :wink:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought you might get claustrophobic!!! :biggrin1:

And then there'd be the both of us re-living the storm from last Tuesday in NC.... it's just battered the hell out of the west Wales coastline!! :rolleyes:

But I do wish you were here.... *sigh*
Though I still have no voice... :frown1:
But got no-one to talk to so I s'pose it doesn't really matter now! :cool:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought you might get claustrophobic!!! :biggrin1:

And then there'd be the both of us re-living the storm from last Tuesday in NC.... it's just battered the hell out of the west Wales coastline!! :rolleyes:

But I do wish you were here.... *sigh*
Though I still have no voice... :frown1:
But got no-one to talk to so I s'pose it doesn't really matter now! :cool:

Now kk you know I'm never afraid of tight places.:wink:

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean, totally lost my voice! :eek:

All I can do is whisper.... don't think the americans can even tell I am a brit anymore.... :rolleyes:

Just went to the pharmacy and the guy suggested I try gargling listerine :confused: so I am, though it's making me wretch....

He actually said I needed to go to the emergency room, but I dread to think how much that'll cost...

Any idea how I can get my voice back please?!?!
I'm meeting the luscious Camper Joe and Exwhysee on Monday and at this rate they are in for a very quiet evening... :redface:

HELP!!!!!
and just what have you been putting down your throat??? lol A big ol dick?? lol

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and just what have you been putting down your throat??? lol A big ol dick?? lol

Hmmmm.... no, not yet.... but do you think that'll help?!!? :biggrin1:

Still not back properly yet... (the voice, that is, not me... I am safely ensconsed at home....)

5 weeks with a duff voice... getting a bit tiresome now... plus I just sound stupid... though I was asked today of I worked at a call centre... I said no and he said well I should! :wink:

Maybe I could do phone sex.... it might pay for all my traffic fines from LA.... :rolleyes:

And Camper Joe.... well yeah... kind of!!! :rolleyes: :redface: