Jack and Amy's relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Water dragon, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Water dragon

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Jack and Amy’s relationship

“Jack” and “Amy” going out with each other for a year and a half and both love each other very much, but recently their relationship had come to a standstill because of the boy. Jack has been brought up in a strict Catholic family, and he is also religious and this could be one of the reasons why their relationship is suffering.
    Scenario
    While Amy was at Jack’s house, Jack was in an argument with his mother, the mother said “you’re not good enough for her!” and since then Jack has been saying the same thing to Amy. Amy hearing him saying this to her during their dates annoys her so she continually reassures him that it is ‘nonsense, and if you were not good enough for me I would never be with you, but I am and you are the man I want’, but this has not stopped Jack believing this what his mother has said and this was the start of the strain on the relationship.

Scenario 2

Like Jack, Amy has been Christened as Catholic, and Amy not being religious but respects religion and respects Jack; if she was not christened then she would have been Christened Catholic so she and Jack can go out with each other without being frowned upon by Jack’s family and Church.

(Back ground Information: Jack’s sister stopped being Catholic because she saw its faults and problems, doing this she was shunned by the Catholic Church, and in the family looked down on being evil and misguided, the mother being the most strict and angry.)
    Their relationship has been going for 18months, by only hugging, talking and the rare kiss. Amy feeling her needs not being met wants for intimacy like making out and longer kisses; more kisses that a peck on the lips once a month, Not SEX; she wants sex after marriage and knows Jack wants the same. But because Jack is religious he is uncertain if this is right for him to do so, and so he spoke to his Priest and he said it was not allowed as this is an act of temptation. Jack also wants more intimacy like Amy but feels he must meet his religion’s needs first.

Amy now feeling portrayed thinks, that he is being unreasonable as he Masturbates (that being a high level of temptation) that if he can do that then he can give her a kiss longer than 1 second.

Amy will never break-up with Jack as she loves him too much and he loves her and knows it is shallow stupid to dump him for it, but if something isn’t done then their relationship will suffer.
    [FONT=&quot]Is it right for a priest, a man who hasn’t married or meant to go out with a woman (who knows why???) gives advice on this matter?

Has Jack been far to effected by this? Is his reluctance to continue the development of their relationship in fear his family and Church disagrees with him?

Is it that he can’t masturbate and make out without his fear falling further into temptation or the embarrassment of confessing it to the priest in the confession box?
    Or is it because he is status as an Altar-boy in the church that he doesn’t want to lose that position?

What should they/she/he do?[/FONT]

2. Drifterwood

Gold Member

You won't go to hell if you show her more intimacy and tenderness. This is just another way of showing your respect for her.

I had a word with the Man Upstairs myself and this is what he said.

3. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

ppl who are religious have issues with their crotches being used for natural purposes. this frightens and saddens the person that matters most: me.

4. Water dragon

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Cheers, I will tell my friends in all carefulness the great advice to help them through :)

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I would suggest more intimate type dates, holding hands and walking, talking, cuddling.

Or perhaps just give up the religious stuff.

6. B_doc23cm

B_doc23cm New Member

If he feels comfortable taking advice from a celibate man, whose boss is a celibate ex-Nazi, on sexual matters then I would strongly advise him to reconsider. I'm a lapsed Catholic myself, and my priest once told me of a conversation he had with an Anglican Vicar. The vicar thought the Catholic Church was too prescriptive, and asked the priest "Doesn't it bother you that you all have to do what the Pope says?", to which the priest replied, "That's only what the Pope thinks."

God, if he exists, wants you to be happy. I think it is up to the individual to decide if a passionate kiss will be an irresistible temptation - just because you do something that may lead you to be tempted, it doesn't mean you will automatically give in.

7. houtx48

Gold Member

was this an assignment for a creative writing class?

Draft saved Draft deleted