Jack Welch calls out Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Nov 21, 2008.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

This morning on CNBC Jack Welch, in discussing heavy selling in the financial markets, indicated that President-elect Obama needs to provide direction on the new Administration's plans to address the economy/markets. His absence is contributing to panic selling.

Well, don't hold your breath Jack. He's hiding and scared to death. After his briefings, he's discoved that there is more to the Presidency that making speeches and muttering about change 24/7.

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm holding my hand over the mouth of My Pet Obamabot (now available at Chuck E. Cheese's) right now. Really... you're making this way too easy. :rolleyes:

3. Biggin'

Biggin' New Member

cant he just find someone to decide that for him? Its not like hes run a business or anything.... another family from Chicago moving into public housing.

Chicago has been shot to shit. murder capitol of the US. Who's been running that city for the last 40 years?

4. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Jack Welch is a lying, thieving SOB. I could care less what his opinions are.

5. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

That’s been my point all along; Obama simply doesn’t have a clue and is now breaking his word surrounding himself with lobbyists and Clintonites hoping they will save his ass. The ObamaBots that voting that clueless wonder in that has never even run so much as a Burger King before amaze me.

I also have a feeling Obama is sitting there with the look of a scared deer in the headlights when he is getting the briefings showing what George Bush and Dick Cheney already know.

6. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Why that I'll be our ex- Pres Clinton who will decide for him. So much for not using the elitist insiders.

7. B_starinvestor

I don't think its asking too much for our newly-elected leader to pull his head out of the sand and wag that silver tongue for a few minutes to alleviate some of the panic and despair out there.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

There's no real panic going on in New York. Where is this "panic" being generated? Faux News?

9. B_starinvestor

If there isn't any panic in New York, everybody has been drugged.

Did you know that over 90% of charitable contributions in NYC came from Wall Street? Those organizations are in big trouble, as are those they serve.

Do you know where NYC collected most of its tax revenue? Wall Street.

Your city is in bigger trouble than any other. I'm glad you think its hunky-dory up there.

It aint.

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Are you just jealous that the majority of the city and state that was attacked by the terrorists you fear don't see it your way?

Errr... please forgive My Pet Obamabot (now available at CVS). I guess it just doesn't like you for some reason. :biggrin1:

It's crunchtime for EVERY CITY & STATE in America. But it's not the doomsday scenario that you want to paint. When you actually live in the city and not look at it from afar, then you can talk. Otherwise, you know what you can do with your comments.

Gee, I think Obamabot is wearing off on me somehow! :biggrin:

#10 B_VinylBoy, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  11. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Exactly. I think some naysayers are continuing to forget that Obama is still our president-elect. He has YET to be inaugurated. If issues like this are still of great concern, go ask Shrub to exercise some judgment and actually work constructively on the project. He may be out of here in two months, but it's not like he and Obama and relevant advisors can't sit down and get some kind of game plan going.

And maybe this is a general comment, but judging by the tone of the same naysayers who keep calling the guy "Barry" and telling him to take his constitutional law degree and stick it where the sun don't shine, I think these are the same people who are going to continue to disapprove of him even if he manages to correct some of the damage done in the past years. I'm a supporter, but that means I'll be equally insistent on some platforms -- fixing health care, promoting green technology, balancing the budget. But I'm willing to give the guy space and time to get 'er done. Can you say the same?

12. houtx48

Gold Member

why don't you look to your wonderful leader Zippy W. Bush, he still has 62 day to further fuck up things. what exactly does a head teller do?

13. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

OBAMA doesn't have to do or say anything until he takes office. remember what BUSHY BOY said when he was the stolen elected pres. we heard nothing from him , and the first words we did hear when he took office was this . IM THE PRESIDENT NOT BILL CLINTON god what a dumb ass this one has been the last 8 yrs, so Obama doesn't have to say anything to anyone to make things better. this jack ass called George is still in office last time i checked so its his job. but we all know how he does his job thats why we are in this mess. i am so glad they found the weapons of mass destruction. i heard they were in Washington hiden in the private residents some where. now soon as we dispose of them on Jan, 20 2009 we will be a lot safer once again. WE the people won this election not we the republicans like it alway has been the last few republican elections.

14. B_starinvestor

Because Bush isn't setting policy for the next 4 years, although I would rather have a 3rd term of Bush than a legal clerk that has no business experience.

I don't even work for a bank, supersleuth.

15. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Don't jump the gun. Bush is still president today, is he not? And if you think a speech is all it takes to fix this market, I suggest you enroll in some basic macroeconomic courses.

In other words, you want Bush to finish what he started in completely destroying our economy. Sounds to me like you just hate Obama and nothing he says or does will change that. It's pointless conversing with the likes of you.

16. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

WHY HASNT OBAMA FIXED EVERYTHING HE'S BEEN PRESIDENT ELECT A WHOLE 3 WEEKS NOW SHIT SHOULD BE DONE ALREADY HURRRRR

17. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    No, not too much at all to expect Obama as the President-elect, not the actual President in office, to alleviate some of the panic and despair out there. I wonder if you're even aware of what you're writing when you write it?

Anyways, yeah, Obama dragged his ass for 2 weeks after being elected and 2 months before he's to take office but finally got around to throwing something together.

Two in a Row: Dow Jumps 397 - FOXBusiness.com

"Wall Street enjoyed its first win streak in nearly a month on Monday as the Dow posted its best two-day percentage gain since October 1987. All it took was the unveiling of President-elect Obama's team of economic advisers and a $300 billion lifeline for beleaguered financial titan Citigroup."

All you had to do was wait a day or 2 starinvestor and you could have saved yourself the typing and the angst.

18. B_starinvestor

I waited 15 days. Before you strain something patting yourself on the back, keep in mind that the Dow closed at 9625 on November 4th, so we're still down nearly 1200 points since Barry became President-elect.

19. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    This thread was started 3 days ago when you wrote that Obama hadn't done anything about the economic crisis because he was too scared to act once he became aware of how just how bad the situation is. Premature much? IN the time since you've created this thread, a whole 3 days, he's put together an economic team and started detailing a plan that is getting praise from even Republicans. Sure, ignore all of that and stay focused on 1200 points bs that wasn't the focus of your OP.

What Obama is doing is remarkable and he's not even the President yet. Is this lost on you? You're a business person right? You've hired people I would imagine. Can you imagine this scenario: you have just interviewed someone for a major position in your company and you give that person the job, that person tells you, "great, but I can't start for a month." You reply, not a problem, see you then. 3 days later, you StarInvestor start start sending out emails and having meetings how you are pissed off that your new hire hasn't solved the problems of the company and hasn't presented a plan that make it all better. Crazy huh?

And yet Obama continues to be the person everyone else underestimates. He's got a plan, he's on the job even before it begins. He's taking everything seriously and making considered and intelligent decisions. He's exceeding all reasonable expectations. He'll always fail your expectations of course, because they are unreasonable.

Draft saved Draft deleted