Jackhammer Jesus dildo?

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a Muslim country, that could get you arrested. Depiction of any prophet is considered wrong under their system.

Well seeing as I rather dislike this company's MO and am never going to buy anything from the place I don't think it's a problem I'll ever hit!

25 prophets are mentioned in the koran but only disrespectful images of 24 of them are likely to attract too much attention (and any images at all of one of them). Your general crucifix necklace certainly wouldn't get you arrested.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It could get you arrested in some Muslim countries but it would be considered offensive in all of them.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's really going on?

Someone is looking to make money from the novelty and shock value of it.

Those sex toys have been around for years.

Well colour me innocent then cos I'd never heard of them and would never have been minded to google for such a thing.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess most people are never even gonna hear about these things so even though a sizeable number would be uncomfortable about it the net effect is going to be pretty small.

Which begs the question, how likely is it that the people most likely to be offended would ever see them?

If a tree falls in the forest . . . .

Think I already made that point but yeah, precisely.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As I imagine the primary objective is to make money through sales, something difficult to do if you only ever offend people.

Shock and amuse seems closer to their intent. If someone finds them useful, great, extra sale.

Again: I think that in all this rush to finding offense, no one seems to be considering the possibility that some people find blasphemy intensely erotic.

One of my very-best internet friends (who is from Australia) sent me a link to this via IM years ago: at least three years ago, probably more, now. Since nothing but especially gruesome images of violence and carnage really shocks me anymore, I responded with an emoticon expressing curiosity as to why he found it so interesting.

His response was telling: first he found it intensely shocking, which, again, I did not (and still don't: not personally). Secondly he admitted to being aroused by the sight of it: I get nothing like that out of it, either.

When I reminded him that, as an Atheist, such symbolism should be rendered meaningless to him personally, he responded by calling me a literalist who lacks humor :rolleyes:

It took a couple of days before we really got back into our vibe and groove.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Again: I think that in all this rush to finding offense, no one seems to be considering the possibility that some people find blasphemy intensely erotic.

I think you and Gillette already had a stab at covering that angle.

I guess the whole concept of "that's a bit wrong/naughty" would add a bit of spice for some - just not many on LPSG....

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
x704's post is right on target. I'm amazed and terribly amused at how many posters have expressed some level of offense at the idea of a dildo in the shape of or with the image of the Christ on it. Seems rather common to me. I've never seen a Jesus dildo in a Catholic religious tchotcke shop in the USA where one goes to pickup a new rosary or votive icon of one's favorite saint. But just cross the border into the country of our neighbors to the south and you'll find what northerners consider "sacrilegious" Jesus dildoes sold throughout Mexico and ALL Central and South American countries.

But these parts of the world don't have the Calvinist Puritan/Anglo mentality of the of the self-righteous USA -- or the many offended posters to this big pee pee site. In English-speakig countries the favorite curse word is fuck and all its possible iterations. Shit, piss, Jesus Christ!, and God damn it are quite popular as well. The same doesn't apply for most Latin countries. In Spanish one is more prosaic when cursing. One of the most common and worst things one can say in Spanish (allow me to translate) is: "I shit on the wafer of Christ!" In fact, the majority of curse words and phrases tend to involve bodily functions and the Pope, Virgin Mary, Joseph with donkeys, and a countless variety of vulgar acts involving Christ. And please note, these things are a common part of every day life in the most Catholic of Latin countries. Italy, too.

When taking photos in the public markets in Oaxaca last November, I had to position my camera so I could focus on the subject (a mound of fresh molé, for example) without an array of Jesus dildos showing up in the camera's field of vision. Ordinary little old lady vendors who swing by Mass at 6:00 AM everyday before opening their market stalls where they sell kilos of molé, cone sugar, dried chiles also offer various sizes of ceramic Jesus dildoes as well as dildoes of, yes, Santa Clause, and various saints. In Spanish, a dildo -- or sex toy one sticks up a bum or vagina -- is called a "consolador." There are other terms for them, too. But consolador seems to be the most universal term.

I'm more offended at the idea so many big pee pee lurkers on LSPG seem so offended at the idea of a Jesus dildo. To me that shows a lack of tolerance, a sign of being extremely protected from the rest of the world and naive of other cultures. Travel to India, Indonesia, most African countries, and all Latin countries and you soon realize that the vulgar and the divine are so closely intertwined it's impossible to separate them. For without one, the other would not exist. But not in the good ol' US of A. Heaven's no.

My favorite "sacrilegious" icon is the cacagero, a figurine of a little boy with his pants pulled down and taking a shit that is commonly as one of the figurines you find as part of a creche (nativity scene) as sold in in Barcelona and throughout most of Catalunya. He's usually placed next to the sheep and cows all looking beneficently upon the glowing baby Jesus. :smile:

Last edited:

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This.

People need to learn to relax and grow a sense of the absurd. If there is a God he/she is probably laughing their ass off. "Looks NOTHING like me".

Perhaps you'd need a Holy Grail shaped one to be able to find it all absurd acceptably :wink:

Last edited: