Jacking off causes hair loss

jayjay: Is this true or am I listening to bullshit on the radio.

norseman: "... bullshit on the radio"

Is there anything else on (talk ?) radio ?

A simple misinterpretation of facts (or it was simple in the 1800's). Male pattern baldness has been shown to be triggered by testosterone. Reaching puberty and starting to masturbate is triggered by testosterone production (I know, it's not quite that simple...) So jerking off and hair loss can begin start at nearly the same point in the timeline, but one doesn't CAUSE the other.

Another myth shattered...

Norse

bkozy54: BULLSHIT!

Jacking off is a healthy (not to mention pleasurable) function. It is UNHEALTHY to not jack off (I mean this literally) it is physically unhealthy to not JO.

lomejorhombre: Exactly what are you saw is unhealthy or healthy about it? What does it cause or the lack of it cause? What are your sources of info about this, or is it just personal beliefs, bkozy54? ???

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It's literally unhealthy to not jackoff, unless you want prostate cancer.

Basically, the story of jacking off being unhealthy began in ancient Greece. It wasn't so much masturbation as it was excessive ejaculation or not ejaculating enough. Masturbation became a popular target in the 18th century, Samuel Tissot. Tissot suggested hydrotherapy and meditation as a remedy for masturbation-induced illnesses. Eventually it was discovered that even children masturbated. Hence the genesis of medical circumcision.

Oh, and for reference, anything you hear about masturbation (though some particular techniques, e.g. autoerotic asphyxia, are dangerous) being unhealthy, just remember that talk radio is about as useful a source as alt.flame

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The gene that causes male pattern baldness
is actually dihydrotestosterone. It is synonomous with regular testosterone, but acts different than it.
(Yes, yes, I had a slight problem some odd years, so I'm rather well informed on the subject.)

lomejorhombre: Still none of this says it is unhealthy to not Masturbate! I know the reasons why, and the historical perspective and everything. However, this still is not an excepted practice or even suggested prectice by the medical community or even the general community(whether they all do it or not is irrelevant, if its not accepted as such). The reasons that have been suggested still don't warrent doctors and parents to instruct and suggest for their young men to start this activity or else face prostate cancer or what ever else can be dreamed up.
I am not judging anyone here for the practice, as I have stated before I once did it too, but just don't be trying to justify it to yourselves as medically necessary. Given that the human body has been around alot longer that history can even record, give it some credit it knows what it is doing when treated in a proper fasion. When all things are considered it does pretty well to take care of itself inspite of what we do to it.
(And prostate cancer would only be due in part to the lack of stimulation of the organ, just as breast cancer is for women it occurs more frequently in women who did not breastfeed their children, thus stimulating the tissue) :-/

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
When I was a kid I hoped like hell that jacking off kept the palm hairs at bay.

Pecker

When the actress saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she would dye.

Vigilante: That medical dude on oprah said that 4 orgasms a weak...for men and women...fights prostate cancer and stress related health issues...plus that dude brought on all kinds of organs and shows how smoking drinking and fat caused them to rot...it was awesome... - Cathy

wvalady1968: And if it causes you to lose hair, you're doing it wrong.
:-*

shortchanged: Exactly!..........

......though i think we'd all agree it most definately causes a weight loss!!

.......remember to drink plenty of fluids if you're up for a marathon of wanking! ::)

[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=meetgreet;num=1077064635;start=0#12 date=02/18/04 at 17:37:43]And if it causes you to lose hair, you're doing it wrong.
:-*[/quote]

jayjay: [quote author=shortchanged link=board=meetgreet;num=1077064635;start=0#13 date=02/27/04 at 09:50:58]Exactly!..........
......though i think we'd all agree it most definately causes a weight loss!!
[/quote]

Damn! I'm trying to gain weight, no more snake handling for me.......for a while anyway.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=shortchanged link=board=meetgreet;num=1077064635;start=0#13 date=02/27/04 at 09:50:58]......though i think we'd all agree it most definately causes a weight loss!![/quote]
Yes, a good three grams on average. Many men here produce a lot more cum, though. LOL