Jacking off in China

want2ooze

Just Browsing
Media
So I have a question. I'm in China right now (not from here). Any Chinese guys on the forum?
Do Chinese guys jack off? Like that may be a dumb question, but I'm in a dorm at a school here and I never hear or see anything. Seems like guys in the States are always pulling their meat. Any ideas?
Also whats the Chinese culture on messing around with guys? Seems like in the States maybe 50% of guys would be down to mess around with another guy - China?

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
A.) I think 50% is a gross over estimation of how many guys are willing to mess around with other guys here in the states. Unless your in the "gay district" of a city or something that number is considerably lower.

B.) Masturbation wasn't invented by the Wright Brothers- it isn't an American thing to do. While I don't know the history off the top of my head, given that China's been around for 5 thousand years and we've been around 270 something, something tells me that somebody over there figured out it was fun to play with your dick before we did.

C.) How did you get from the United States to China with no understanding of the cultural differences you were about to encounter? If this were interesting enough to join and then post on a forum about, it seems like it'd be the kind of thing you researched before moving there.

JSZ

Reactions: At.your.cervix

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know when I was in collage over seas the first thing I noticed was a difference in "private zones". Americans have a large private zone. We would find our selves stepping away from our non American counter parts. I forced my self to adjust my behavior others didn't.

What you might be seeing as 50% may be your in a different culture and you are not understanding the local body language.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the *signals* that a guy sends to another guy might be different; or a tad off. Think of it as even body language has an accent; just like spoken language.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We very discreet?
Inscrutable they used to call us.
Watching the CCTV news the guy speaks better English than me.

as for Jo,ing
What do you Really think?
enz

(was gonna say Americans are wankers, but best not?)
Hope yr not one of these one thread/post wonders, never to be seen/heard of again
i.e. Just start a thread for reactions?

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
I thought this was a thread about handling it in the dish section of a Department store. Clean up in bridal clean up in bridal.

hongloumeng

Experimental Member
Media
Well, here's my two cents worth.

I am going with the assumption that the OP is not talking about Chinese people in general (i.e., he's not talking about huaqiao, or the Chinese diaspora) he's talking about Chinese students in Mainland China. Like every other country in the world, China has its own customs and ways of doing things--I don't mean eating with chopsticks, I mean those little everyday differences that you'll never find in a guide to cultural differences.

I've lived in Chinese dorms. I had a Chinese boyfriend for six years. So what I'm about to say comes from my personal experience. It will not apply to every man in China, naturally. But it did apply to most of the men I knew there.

Teenage years are often very difficult in China. There is lots of pressure to do well in school and to pass exams at a high enough level to get into better schools. The day begins early and when school lets out many of the students go to cram schools until eight or nine in the evening. After they return home, they do their homework. Its a never ending cycle. Although I knew many guys who masturbated for the first time during their high school years, I also knew a not-so-small number of men who never jerked off until college. Part of this is because their days had no free time, another reason is there was precious little privacy in their homes. I didn't believe them when they first told me, but after living there for several years I can now see how some are late starters.

So, yes. Chinese guys do jerk off despite what one person in this thread said. The next thing to consider, is that China is mostly a conservative country. Cities such as Shanghai might lead you to think otherwise, but that's misleading. So, you're not going to find Chinese guys talking about jacking off. Just imagine all your fellow students are from very small towns in the Bible belt of America. You can be they're doing it, but they're not going to advertise the fact. They're going to be as private as possible about it.

If you go to the Answer section of Chinese Yahoo or Baidu, you'll see lots of guys posting questions asking if masturbation is harmful. Some of the answers may surprise you. Some posters--and also some government websites--say it is harmful. They quote the old folk believe that one drop of semen is equivalent to ten drops of blood 一精顶十血. Even my dictionary 现代汉语词典 published a few years ago adds a warning to its definition of masturbation and says that it is harmful to your health. These opinions are dying out, but they still persist. So, some people will view masturbation as a bad habit.

Just last year in Dalian a middle-aged man and I were talking. He was worried about me because I wasn't yet married. He then proceeded to ask me about my opinions of Chinese prostitutes. I told him I didn't know. He was shocked. He said that if I'm not married then I must be visiting prostitutes otherwise it would be very unhealthy not to have sexual release. I mentioned that I jerked off. He was aghast. He thought that was more injurious than not having sex at all. (He may also have been aghast because I said it so directly).

So, in short: keep in mind that the country is largely conservative when it comes to sexual matters and that old myths about masturbation still abound--although even newspapers now are printing stories discrediting these myths. Your Chinese classmates are doing it, they're just not obvious about it. You could try asking some close classmates to teach you slang and then work the conversation around to the words for jack-off. I would be discreet in choosing who to ask, I've alienated classmates before by being too willing to discuss sex. (Again, its not that they don't do it, its that they don't think it should be talked about).

The above has been my experience gleaned from six years living in China and numerous visits back. I hope it helps. And, as China is changing every day you may find things different from what I've described.

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm Chinese, but not from China (still am from Asia, though).

Before you even go into how the Chinese think, you must consider that Asians in general are rather conservative. While this may be changing with the times, especially among the younger population, a significant part of the populations here still conform to the old mindset.

So just be careful - might be advisable for you to find contacts that have experience in such areas and play safe rather than go in blind and end up getting into trouble :p

(there was lots of drama involving stuff like masturbation when I was a teenager in high school, I recall. Lots of confused guys and girls, and even one of my university classmates is often scandalized whenever I bring the topic up)